Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don't get why everyone cares about It being a true story. It was never described as a documentary, people are wild! It is an theatre to screen production of his truth; a dark comedy and psychological thriller. It literally states it in the credits so I just don't understand what the concern is (can't screenshot because of Netflix encryption):

"This program is based on real events: however certain s characters, names, incidents, locations and dialogue have been fictionalized for dramatic purposes."

Feels like this backlash he's getting when Fiona Harvey has basically outed herself as someone who stalks and harassed people is probably the reason why most victims of anything often don't speak up at all or do when their abuser has passed away. I hope things change going forward, it's already so hard for victims.

PS, because I started watching it while cleaning the kitchen, not only did I watch it having heard nothing about it, but I also didn't know that it was true or that RG played himself until after I had finished it.
Did they have that disclaimer from the start? I’ve seen people on X saying that has been added recently eg since it’s come out some bits aren’t true

Square Peg

Just spotted on X. If this is Fiona’s new home, I feel sad for her. I reckon she got a lot more than £250 from PM. Probably got enough to buy a little place back up in Scotland

Attachments

snoopmommymom

Chatty Member
For what it’s worth, I could imagine Richard Gadd being a bit naive about Martha/Fiona being identified- remember he’s done several shows about it (admittedly to a much smaller audience), and it’s it possible he’d forgotten all the tweets were still up? Without the tweets no one would have found her.

Netflix however, HAD to have known how these things blow up, surely their due diligence would have unearthed the tweets, so did they want her to be found? They must have known this is how people would react- they’ve had enough shows go viral like this
I can’t see how it couldn’t have crossed his mind, he knows Netflix has a huge audience & he didn’t do much in the way of disguising her like he claimed😂

elvis999

Has anyone got the link to her real fb profile? Presuming it is still active. Seems to be a load of impersonators up there so not sure who is who.

CalM

Do I need to subscribe to PM page or will it come up on his live section at 8pm?

Web30

VIP Member
I didn't finish the show but got the interview on now, what is her accent? It's very mixed!

Also claims she met him 2 or 3 times.

Last edited: