Autistic Interpretations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does it bother anyone how they play along with Jessica that she is an actual nurse? I feel like at this point it is a type of weird cosplay. It makes me uncomfortable, but I can't put my finger on why. I mean it would be fine if Jessica had an interest in nursing/how the body works/how to take care of people. But they take it way further than this. Crispies have sent her scrubs and nursing shirts. Val once humored Jessica by telling her that they were going to "study" her nursing textbooks so Jessica could become a real nurse. Again, I don't know why this bothers me. I mean I suppose it is harmless it just seems like a joke that they are all in on except Jessica.

Sorry to double post but I just saw their new video and in the comments section Hannah basically says that she wants to live with Val and Jessica for the rest of her life and that she will only marry someone if they agree to live with Val and Jessica.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m thrilled there’s a forum to discuss this family. I started watching them around a year ago simply because I’ve been interested in autism since I worked with an autistic man many years ago. Like anyone else you get sucked in to a persons story so I kept watching. This mother is way out of line monetizing her disabled daughter. I understand how difficult it must have been, and will be to care for Jess but there are other avenues to take that don’t entail exploiting your adult daughter. This woman has found a way to “work” without actually working. Bravo to her but what these social media people don’t seem to get is that what they’re doing now is not sustainable. Not only is it not sustainable, everybody on this planet knows your business. I can’t even imagine what that must feel like. I’m so cautious I only have a private Instagram. Think about this…Jess is a 34 year old woman. Do you think if she wasn’t disabled she would want to be filmed without a bra, playing with pool toys or eating her chicken nuggets on a weekly basis? Probably not. Way to go mom!

Reactions: 4
Does it bother anyone how they play along with Jessica that she is an actual nurse? I feel like at this point it is a type of weird cosplay. It makes me uncomfortable, but I can't put my finger on why. I mean it would be fine if Jessica had an interest in nursing/how the body works/how to take care of people. But they take it way further than this. Crispies have sent her scrubs and nursing shirts. Val once humored Jessica by telling her that they were going to "study" her nursing textbooks so Jessica could become a real nurse. Again, I don't know why this bothers me. I mean I suppose it is harmless it just seems like a joke that they are all in on except Jessica.

Sorry to double post but I just saw their new video and in the comments section Hannah basically says that she wants to live with Val and Jessica for the rest of her life and that she will only marry someone if they agree to live with Val and Jessica.
I can’t stand how they encourage the loud squealing from Jessica and the back in forth good one and bad one. I find it just not necessary. How about just normal conversation with the ridiculous immature squealing. Some days you can’t stand to watch the videos because all Jessica repetitive chatter. I understand she autistic but they actually think viewers and crispies enjoy it. I don’t know how Val deals with that and the constant face pats. Val’s just enabling Hannah out of guilt for sucking as a parent. I just don’t get why the ex didn’t help more now and then? I would be dropping Jess off on his doorstep if I worked so hard to get my RN degree and couldn’t find caregivers. I think the son Madison stays away as much as he can. And you can clearly see he isn’t fond of Jessica at all

Reactions: 6
I really like this family, and the dynamic they’ve found to make it work for all of them. I know this is a snark forum but it’s really disappointing that anybody feels the need to judge anybody with a disability, especially when that judgement comes from a place of total ignorance, assumption, plain old misinformation and a LOT of reaching. So I’ll leave you all to it 😊

• Haha

It just gets stranger and stranger everyday.

I can’t stand how they encourage the loud squealing from Jessica and the back in forth good one and bad one. I find it just not necessary. How about just normal conversation with the ridiculous immature squealing. Some days you can’t stand to watch the videos because all Jessica repetitive chatter. I understand she autistic but they actually think viewers and crispies enjoy it. I don’t know how Val deals with that and the constant face pats. Val’s just enabling Hannah out of guilt for sucking as a parent. I just don’t get why the ex didn’t help more now and then? I would be dropping Jess off on his doorstep if I worked so hard to get my RN degree and couldn’t find caregivers. I think the son Madison stays away as much as he can. And you can clearly see he isn’t fond of Jessica at all
You’re right on with that one. They really don’t do her any favors by allowing that. They say she’s an adult and she has to be treated like one but on the other hand they treat her like a child most of the time. I think Val has taken the lead for so long on this that even if the other ones thought they should approach her differently they aren’t allowed to do that. Since Val obviously calls the shots and Hannah is now indebted to her because she is now completely reliant on her for shelter and money she just goes along with everything. This family is a Monday night movie in the making. If Hannah ever grows up and realizes she wants more in life things will not go well. But for now she seems content being codependent with her mom. Val did allude once to the fact that Marlowe didn’t agree with how she handles Jessica. Clearly Marlowe has gotten over that because she enjoys her “job.” I will say this; it seems that Marlowe hasn’t been around as much so I wonder if they are stating to phase her out and just having Hannah be there instead.

Bad Daddy knows his place. Val completely controls every aspect of this situation. She says jump and he asks “how high.” He is as involved as she wants him to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yeah Hannah is another story. I would like to say what I really think about her but I’ll refrain.
They give us weekly / daily video clips of their lives so I’m able to piece together certain character traits by that. The father is just a happy go lucky guy who rolls with the punches I feel like. Val runs the show. But in her defense, it is quite difficult raising a disabled child. I’m sure that has shaped her personality throughout the years. I just wish these parents would stop monetizing their children/adults on social media. They say it’s for educational purposes but we really know it’s not. The more “sideshow”a video is, the more hits it gets.
I saw a video the other day where she asked Jess to kiss her baby doll twice. I felt almost dirty watching it or something.

Can somebody point me in the direction of a video where Jessica is throwing a temper tantrum just because she can? I’ve been watching them for a few months now and I don’t recall seeing anything really bad 🤔
Of course your not going to see videos of a full pledge tantrum. Val has spoken about her hitting others and I am sure a lot worse. Check out the video where they talk about a haircut and the look on her face is she’s off the deep end. Val says she saves more of those videos for her Crispie members.

Yeah Hannah is another story. I would like to say what I really think about her but I’ll refrain.
They give us weekly / daily video clips of their lives so I’m able to piece together certain character traits by that. The father is just a happy go lucky guy who rolls with the punches I feel like. Val runs the show. But in her defense, it is quite difficult raising a disabled child. I’m sure that has shaped her personality throughout the years. I just wish these parents would stop monetizing their children/adults on social media. They say it’s for educational purposes but we really know it’s not. The more “sideshow”a video is, the more hits it gets.
I saw a video the other day where she asked Jess to kiss her baby doll twice. I felt almost dirty watching it or something.
Hannah and the fake grin 😖 There’s nothing healthy about her quitting her job to just sit in a chair all day trying to dream up content. It’s so unhealthy and she’s clear physically and mentally unhealthy. She needs to be working and clearly not living at home at her age. She has no dreams or motivation at all. Why is this girl sitting at home to dream up content where she gets intoxicated with her mom. I have no problem if they just stuck to content educational for other parents who have adults living at home with disabilities. But they have lost their direction and went from educational to reality tv.

I really like this family, and the dynamic they’ve found to make it work for all of them. I know this is a snark forum but it’s really disappointing that anybody feels the need to judge anybody with a disability, especially when that judgement comes from a place of total ignorance, assumption, plain old misinformation and a LOT of reaching. So I’ll leave you all to it 😊
I like them as well but I believe they lost their direction on content and turned to reality tv. Jessica is a beautiful adult woman who they have turned into performing for their content for money and gifts from subscribers. Yes I made a comment in reference to Jessica and her banter but they encourage it just for fans . It can at times draw unnecessary attention when in public. I get that she has autism but we also teach our children there’s a time and place for everything. Val did start this blog with good intentions but I think they got lost when money became the focus. There’s just to much exploitation of people with disabilities. Most start out wanting to do good and when fan base picks up and then greed starts changing everything. Yes when Val does content I find a lot of it educational but Hannah is turning it into getting drunk on camera and immature content no fitting to Autistic Interpretations. She’s taking classy and added a trashy spin. I say let Hannah & Marlowe do there own page with content that’s there style.

Last edited:
I can't believe Hannah quit her job. How much are they making doing YouTube and that Crispy tit or whatever it is called???

What is Baddaddy doing there all the time? Is he living there? It is all just so weird to me.
I say why are people thinking they need to send cash , gift cards etc? If Val can pay her 30 something daughter to stay home to come up with more content on how to get drunk WTH !! Hannah ideas are so stupid! Val I find some of her content educational but Hannah 😖 That girl needs to move so far away from all that family dysfunction. Hannah needs to learn to be self sufficient. Why doesn’t she have a soulmate or maybe Marlowe is her partner 🌈 ? I think she such a unhappy girl and Val as well. I am sure it’s got to be hard raising and child with disabilities. But I think Jessica would do well in a supported living environment with her peers. Not every program is horrible. Jess could live in a supported living apartment, have a job coach and probably a partner. The whole house needs to break away from there unhealthy dependence and find their own paths. They would be so much happier. Send Val to live in Florida with Campbell, Hannah in her own home and Jess in and autism apartment program.

I say why are people thinking they need to send cash , gift cards etc? If Val can pay her 30 something daughter to stay home to come up with more content on how to get drunk WTH !! Hannah ideas are so stupid! Val I find some of her content educational but Hannah 😖 That girl needs to move so far away from all that family dysfunction. Hannah needs to learn to be self sufficient. Why doesn’t she have a soulmate or maybe Marlowe is her partner 🌈 ? I think she such a unhappy girl and Val as well. I am sure it’s got to be hard raising and child with disabilities. But I think Jessica would do well in a supported living environment with her peers. Not every program is horrible. Jess could live in a supported living apartment, have a job coach and probably a partner. The whole house needs to break away from there unhealthy dependence and find their own paths. They would be so much happier. Send Val to live in Florida with Campbell, Hannah in her own home and Jess in and autism apartment program.
I'm just imagining a scenario where anyone would meet Hannah socially and be like, "Hey, so what do you do for a living?" "Well I stay home with my mom and disabled sister and film / edit content for social media. Sometimes we make boring videos where we eat frozen food at Red Lobster and ask my sister what she thinks of it. Then sometimes my friend and I who's also my sisters caretaker video ourselves drinking surgery booze and eating dog treats. On a really special day we video my sister hanging 1000 Christmas ornaments on her tree and then each Thursday we do a livestream of her opening up cheap gifts and gift cards followers send us that are usually weird old ladies."
Oh...cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm just imagining a scenario where anyone would meet Hannah socially and be like, "Hey, so what do you do for a living?" "Well I stay home with my mom and disabled sister and film / edit content for social media. Sometimes we make boring videos where we eat frozen food at Red Lobster and ask my sister what she thinks of it. Then sometimes my friend and I who's also my sisters caretaker video ourselves drinking surgery booze and eating dog treats. On a really special day we video my sister hanging 1000 Christmas ornaments on her tree and then each Thursday we do a livestream of her opening up cheap gifts and gift cards followers send us that are usually weird old ladies."
Oh...cool.
😂😂😂😂 Well when you put it that way….!

😂😂😂😂 Well when you put it that way….!
Also when would Hannah ever have a chance to be in a social situation? She’d have to leave the house first. 🥺

And the father in and out of the picture. Something there doesn’t add up about that relationship either. Val complains about all these house projects but he’s never there to help out. Then you listen to when she had to quit work because no one to help watch Jessica. Where was he at when she was struggling? Then Jessica mentioned on a recent video her stepsister was having a baby . I never even knew he ever remarried.
Just a theory, but I think Bad Daddy might not be Jessica's biological father. If you've ever read the Autistic Interpretations blog (specifically the posts detailing the road leading up to Jessica's diagnosis) there are several details that allude to that. One of which is a photo of Bad Daddy and Jessica as a child that is captioned "A family since October 1989." Jessica was born in 1987. There's also a post where Val talks about being in an abusive relationship as a teen and how she sometimes thinks that the stress of that might have impacted her pregnancy with Jess thus causing development issues. The biggest clue I think though is when discussing Jessica's first years of life Val mentions living with her parents, them accompanying her to doctor's appointments, and all four of them moving to Texas for a bit before returning back to Tennessee.

With that said, that doesn't excuse him from checking out of Jessica's life or not pulling equal weight when it comes to taking care of her. Especially if he raised her as his child and she acknowledges him as that. But I have a feeling that if he's not her biological parents that's probably why he has in the past and even now seem not as involved.

I was not impressed with their latest video explaining why Hannah quit her job to do youtube. I mean if she had to quit due to a medical condition, she needs to meet with Vocational Rehabilitation and try to find a job that's a better fit. Instead, she has just decided to take the easy way out. Also, I do not believe in a million years that running an instagram page and youtube channel took Val 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
I've noticed that this happens without fail to anyone I actually enjoy watching on Youtube. They all start out humble and genuine. Then they start gaining a following and picking up some sponsorships or they start making a little money off their accounts, then they just up and quit their jobs (many of which they went to college for). Eventually, they begin to complain constantly about how hard it is doing their "job" and how they just don't enjoy making content like they used to. They say they are burnt out but they keep putting out videos for the fans (when in reality the videos are the life source/income and they need the money). At some point there's always a family member who quits their job to help. In this case, it was Hannah, but most everyone else I watch, it's always the husband.

Just a theory, but I think Bad Daddy might not be Jessica's biological father. If you've ever read the Autistic Interpretations blog (specifically the posts detailing the road leading up to Jessica's diagnosis) there are several details that allude to that. One of which is a photo of Bad Daddy and Jessica as a child that is captioned "A family since October 1989." Jessica was born in 1987. There's also a post where Val talks about being in an abusive relationship as a teen and how she sometimes thinks that the stress of that might have impacted her pregnancy with Jess thus causing development issues. The biggest clue I think though is when discussing Jessica's first years of life Val mentions living with her parents, them accompanying her to doctor's appointments, and all four of them moving to Texas for a bit before returning back to Tennessee.

With that said, that doesn't excuse him from checking out of Jessica's life or not pulling equal weight when it comes to taking care of her. Especially if he raised her as his child and she acknowledges him as that. But I have a feeling that if he's not her biological parents that's probably why he has in the past and even now seem not as involved.
I didn’t catch that but it makes sense. I honestly don’t think he’s checked out of her life. Val has mentioned a few times that he comes over just about daily and spends time with them. She also mentioned once that he is retired now. It makes me think that maybe he’s quite a bit older than Val. Maybe 10 years or so. I knew Val was very young when she had Jessica. I guess I didn’t realize how young. Anyways today’s video says she has been up since 2:30 and Hannah has been up since 5:30 but Jessica didn’t get up until 6 or somewhere thereabouts. It seems like they all have some form of insomnia. They don’t keep busy enough to help alleviate that. I get that way when I don’t have enough structure, I.e. vacation time or not working as much as I’m used to. They all really need to do more than sit around video taping themselves and chasing Jessica around with a camera. I think they all, including Jessica, should be involved with some kind of program or work that gets them out of the house and interacting with society. Maybe put Jessica in a program and Hannah and or Val can also volunteer at it and help Jessica. It would be a win win for all of them.

Reactions: 1
I never thought that Bad Daddy might not be Jess's real father. That is an interesting theory. I think she looks like him though. She seems to have his nose.

I agree that Jessica looks like Bad Daddy. Hard to know if that means he is her biological father or if it is just a coincidence.

I didn’t catch that but it makes sense. I honestly don’t think he’s checked out of her life. Val has mentioned a few times that he comes over just about daily and spends time with them. She also mentioned once that he is retired now. It makes me think that maybe he’s quite a bit older than Val. Maybe 10 years or so. I knew Val was very young when she had Jessica. I guess I didn’t realize how young.
Just to clarify my earlier comments about Bad Daddy, they were referring to him possibly checking out/not being as involved in the past. Not referring to him now. It seems like the whole family gets along quite well these days, but a few comments that Val has made in past videos suggest that things have not always been that great. She's made specific comments about struggling to make enough money to pay bills post-divorce and not having the support she needed with Jess. Bad Daddy seems like a nice guy, but if Val is telling the truth about that period of time (and I don't see why she would lie) then it doesn't paint him in the greatest light. I've noticed people often ask in the comments of videos about Bad Daddy's involvement when Val makes these comments, but she doesn't ever answer (not that she's obligated to share that info). My guess is if there ever were ever any problems or issues they've moved well past it.

Reactions: 1
Well another day, another road trip/vacation. I notice they’re being very careful not to say yet just where they’re going. But I can take a guess. Of course they’re saying it’s to celebrate Bad Daddy’s birthday. I think they get a lot of flack for there excessive trips to you know where which is probably why they’re not announcing it like they usually do. The grift is strong with these people.

Well another day, another road trip/vacation. I notice they’re being very careful not to say yet just where they’re going. But I can take a guess. Of course they’re saying it’s to celebrate Bad Daddy’s birthday. I think they get a lot of flack for there excessive trips to you know where which is probably why they’re not announcing it like they usually do. The grift is strong with these people.
Man they love to take advantage of people. Who the hell visits Disney this much? Get some culture for heavens sake!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.