Autistic Interpretations #21 Val is a liar, liar, pants on fire scam artist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn’t you think that Val, a stay at home caregiver, and I say that loosely, would crave adult conversation? I would go nuts too, if the only conversation I had was about dead dogs and grammas. By taking Jess to adult programs, Val could then interact with other adults and actually see how others cope with their autistic loved one. She could get tips and hints. But of course, Val doesn’t need any one telling her how to do anything. So sad, she’s missing out on so much. If she would let go of the Disney obsession the world could open up for poor, miserable Val.
The sad reality is if Val reintroduced Jessica to programs run by educated professionals it would take them One day to see the neglect Jessica has received and the only person to blame would be Val...she's the one who removed all professionals, removed her from programs, therapies and isolated her for years.
also Val can't control the secrets that Jessica will spill...if licensed professionals saw Jessica today, legally they would have to report Val....and she knows it.
Jessica will never be brought back out into society by Val.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You are so right wallfly. Everything this woman has done has me so totally sick and repulsed I can't stand it. I probably shouldn't say this but I've had it and need to vent. Taking Jess away from her is not good enough. I want her in jail. She deserves no less. Like every one I've watched and listened to her lies, her total bullshit, what she has done to everyone around her. She's no better then an evil imp and like you I will continue to report her to anyone who will listen. Am I the only one who thinks this isn't happening fast enough? I mean, how much longer can she get away with this? This is so wrong! I'm sorry, rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You are so right wallfly. Everything this woman has done has me so totally sick and repulsed I can't stand it. I probably shouldn't say this but I've had it and need to vent. Taking Jess away from her is not good enough. I want her in jail. She deserves no less. Like every one I've watched and listened to her lies, her total bullshit, what she has done to everyone around her. She's no better then an evil imp and like you I will continue to report her to anyone who will listen. Am I the only one who thinks this isn't happening fast enough? I mean, how much longer can she get away with this? This is so wrong! I'm sorry, rant over.
I agree 100%, Vals neglect ,abuse and exploitation of Jessica especially now with Vals good ones private group that pay monthly to FaceTime or get texts from Jessica ...it's criminal . She deserves to be in jail, for abuse and fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Jess would do much better if Val had taken the time to teach her to hold things properly. It drives me insane when she grips a pan thumbs under in a pinching motion. Same with cups, serving spoons, spatulas etc. Those horrid oven mitts , thumbs on the opposite side. Making things easier for her is not Val’s intention. The more pity, the more $$. Who knows Jess might even learn instead of using her whole arm to complete a turn, her wrists actually move.

As per usual all the excuses come out in regards to viewers seeking why Jessica has to throw the cake into the bowl, like she throws everything she's not interested in.. ( Notice she places her nuggets, crispies, hash browns perfectly on the tray never throws them down .
She pulls her pissy attitude when the food is not HER favourite ... And we knowledge doesn't like white cake or strawberries ...and there's no chocolate ...also She was her whiney self when Val tried to correct/ fix the cake .....
All indicators of Jessica being pissy because the dessert wasn't HER favourite....hilariously enough Jessica had the argumentative audacity to scold Hannah in her exasperated tone saying she wished Hannah would just eat the pudding .
It's funny how Val makes a big deal out of Hannah being picky about food but when it's Jessica ....then everyone must comply.
Even though we know Hannah only complains for attention from mommy dearest.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Of course Campbel answered the comments making excuses for Jessica throwing the cake into the bowl being it was due to her vision impairment ....but we know that's more BS.
She throws things as I said to show her disapproval ...she was bribed into making the dessert, we all know it..her pissy mood is intentional ..not autism.

Of course Campbel knows to follow the script Val has laid out for him while he sits in the back room answering comments.

Remember when he use to sit at his lap top in the dining room? But now Val has moved him out of sight ,so many people kept asking what he does ALL day EVERY day on his laptop .....I'm sure besides answering questions for Val...he's " working " over on one of the 12 sites Madison and Sara have going... The " Family Business" is where Campbell spends most of his time.

No matter what Jessica does, her bad intentional and deliberate behaviours that she pulls out whenever she doesn't get HER way ...is not autism ...it's intentional ..it's simply had behaviour Val.didn't want to fix or work on because it was easier to just ignore it.....keep Jessica happy by never correcting her... No matter what.

If Jessica is happy then everyone is happy. House rules.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
As per usual all the excuses come out in regards to viewers seeking why Jessica has to throw the cake into the bowl, like she throws everything she's not interested in.. ( Notice she places her nuggets, crispies, hash browns perfectly on the tray never throws them down .
She pulls her pissy attitude when the food is not HER favourite ... And we knowledge doesn't like white cake or strawberries ...and there's no chocolate ...also She was her whiney self when Val tried to correct/ fix the cake .....
All indicators of Jessica being pissy because the dessert wasn't HER favourite....hilariously enough Jessica had the argumentative audacity to scold Hannah in her exasperated tone saying she wished Hannah would just eat the pudding .
It's funny how Val makes a big deal out of Hannah being picky about food but when it's Jessica ....then everyone must comply.
Even though we know Hannah only complains for attention from mommy dearest.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Of course Campbel answered the comments making excuses for Jessica throwing the cake into the bowl being it was due to her vision impairment ....but we know that's more BS.
She throws things as I said to show her disapproval ...she was bribed into making the dessert, we all know it..her pissy mood is intentional ..not autism.

Of course Campbel knows to follow the script Val has laid out for him while he sits in the back room answering comments.

Remember when he use to sit at his lap top in the dining room? But now Val has moved him out of sight ,so many people kept asking what he does ALL day EVERY day on his laptop .....I'm sure besides answering questions for Val...he's " working " over on one of the 12 sites Madison and Sara have going... The " Family Business" is where Campbell spends most of his time.

No matter what Jessica does, her bad intentional and deliberate behaviours that she pulls out whenever she doesn't get HER way ...is not autism ...it's intentional ..it's simply had behaviour Val.didn't want to fix or work on because it was easier to just ignore it.....keep Jessica happy by never correcting her... No matter what.

If Jessica is happy then everyone is happy. House rules.
WallFly you hit the nail right on the head!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Another obnoxious dinner out with Jess squealing ( after Val did it first to get her to do it), leaning on Val, slapping her her and Val saying its a pat!!! Hell no Val she wants to hurt you.
And surprise she had chicken tenders, fries and rice! Not a green vegetable in sight! And she ate it all but saved a few fries. Then ice cream and chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce for dessert. And she was telling Val she couldn't have any. Par for the course.
On the way out Jess was saying that she was getting out more and not working as much!!! She never worked!!!! Just a couple stupid face in the camera videos. It was so pleasant looking up her huge nostrils...🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
And heck out the sores folks. Will be connect the dots soon! And those scars will be permanent after all this time. She must pick everytime no one is looking!

Attachments

• Sick
Interesting video....

First of all we all see Jessica's picking is out of control and she has a new hole appearing on her forehead ...we know her picking reaches these manic proportions whenever she's being stressed out by Val...
Jumping to the end of the video first....
Jessica rambling/ parroting things she's overheard and obsessed about, with Val at the helm manipulating how Jessica processes what she's eavesdropped on...( It was probably a dream Jessica ...* Wink*)

Hear Jessica saying how she's " taking time off" ( obviously repeating the reasons Val told her when Jessica overheard Val say SHE'S taking time off which we have all noticed) ...we hear Jessica babble about needing time off to eat out a lot and try new desserts...
This of course was what Val told her...and it's a lie as usual...to shut her up.

Also there was small mentions of "vacation" and we hear Vals tone change and she gets curt... Telling Jessica her vacation will be wherever SHE wants to go.
More lies....because we know Val will manipulate Jessica into going to where SHE wants to go....gee I wonder where that could be??? 🤔

This entire video was a highlight into the stress and careful manipulation happening at home...according to Jessica they have been eating out a lot thanks to Vals secret Good Ones monthly checks!! We know Val hates cooking, and when she's in her miserable victim poor me mood..she eats out only feeding Jessica ...everyone else is on their own.

Back in the restaurant Val is sure to park Jessica practically in her lap, allowing her to yip and yelp, and smack her face...sorry... " PAT" her face.
Of course Jessica obsessed over how many pieces had to have both rice AND fries.... And kept telling Val she couldn't share HER dessert.
Not autism ..... Gluttony, meanness, rudeness and selfishness. Plain and simple.

I mentioned before Jessica is very different when with Hannah than Val. Jessica has learned the art of manipulation from the master herself. Which is why Jessica prefers to be alone with mommy dearest ...because she knows she will absolutely get HER way...always.

Jessica did mutter something to Val after the face slap.... I couldn't make it out did she say she was getting a manicure?? Whatever it was Vals response was about a vacation .....
More lies and smoke n mirrors.

• Sad
I have been to Texas Roadhouse many times. It is good food. Very generous portions. But why go to a steakhouse, if all you order is a baked potato and Jessica orders the same frickin thing as every other place she goes. Chicken tender, fries and choc cake. Val, you only ordered a baked potato! What a waste of money. You could take her to McDonald s. She wouldn’t have cared where you are. She just wants to eat. You disgust me, Val. Your daughter has the worse diet, teenagers eat better. And the lips and closeness to Val was creepy and gross. Ish!

Reactions: 10
Interesting video....

First of all we all see Jessica's picking is out of control and she has a new hole appearing on her forehead ...we know her picking reaches these manic proportions whenever she's being stressed out by Val...
Jumping to the end of the video first....
Jessica rambling/ parroting things she's overheard and obsessed about, with Val at the helm manipulating how Jessica processes what she's eavesdropped on...( It was probably a dream Jessica ...* Wink*)

Hear Jessica saying how she's " taking time off" ( obviously repeating the reasons Val told her when Jessica overheard Val say SHE'S taking time off which we have all noticed) ...we hear Jessica babble about needing time off to eat out a lot and try new desserts...
This of course was what Val told her...and it's a lie as usual...to shut her up.

Also there was small mentions of "vacation" and we hear Vals tone change and she gets curt... Telling Jessica her vacation will be wherever SHE wants to go.
More lies....because we know Val will manipulate Jessica into going to where SHE wants to go....gee I wonder where that could be??? 🤔

This entire video was a highlight into the stress and careful manipulation happening at home...according to Jessica they have been eating out a lot thanks to Vals secret Good Ones monthly checks!! We know Val hates cooking, and when she's in her miserable victim poor me mood..she eats out only feeding Jessica ...everyone else is on their own.

Back in the restaurant Val is sure to park Jessica practically in her lap, allowing her to yip and yelp, and smack her face...sorry... " PAT" her face.
Of course Jessica obsessed over how many pieces had to have both rice AND fries.... And kept telling Val she couldn't share HER dessert.
Not autism ..... Gluttony, meanness, rudeness and selfishness. Plain and simple.

I mentioned before Jessica is very different when with Hannah than Val. Jessica has learned the art of manipulation from the master herself. Which is why Jessica prefers to be alone with mommy dearest ...because she knows she will absolutely get HER way...always.

Jessica did mutter something to Val after the face slap.... I couldn't make it out did she say she was getting a manicure?? Whatever it was Vals response was about a vacation .....
More lies and smoke n mirrors.
I could have sworn she said mom am I getting an automatic car?? Where the heck am I going to go and Bal said wherever you want to go on vacation…

Reactions: 9
Here's the thing...

Autistic children have many of the same characteristics...avoiding eye contact, inappropriate social behaviours, stemming, lack of social cues, withdrawing into themselves, repitition etc... There are many many more...but the thing is...upon diagnoses we as parents turn to the professionals for help and guidance ...doctors , teachers, therapists ,community, help groups etc...

We do this because we still have the obligation to teach these children who are in fact different and vary on a large-scale of understanding from mild to severe...regardless these autistic children still not only require but deserve to be TAUGHT and given tools to help then navigate in the world.
Gone are the days these people were locked away from society ...unleashing course you're Jessica Brooks.

Long story short...we see that Val never put in the work with Jessica she depended on school to take care of it, even though Val was a stay at home parent....until Jessica graduated school then Val " divorced " Campbell to gain access to more government funding and FREE adult classes for Jessica ( the divorce was to save Val and Campbell money, nothing more)

Val never stepped up and continued or contributed to teaching Jessica even the basics...like toileting, proper hygiene ,hand washing, manners, how to sit up not eat with her hands, and personal bounderies.

These are all very common areas for autistic persons to require more in-depth teachings. Teaching your child bounderies, gentle hands, no hitting, biting or pinching again all extremely common...
Val insists on blaming autism for BAD behaviours ... And it's true..to a point but those are the behaviours that need to be addressed the most, and corrected.

In order for our children to be able to participate in school, classes,go out in public, participate with others in social settings they are required to be TAUGHT some form of social skills....number one being person space NO HITTING! Harming others handheld harm is taught from day one.... It's crucial .otherwise these children will be deemed violent and unsociable ... unable to participate in school, or other social gatherings.

Helping to teach my nonverbal autistic daughter to keep her hands gentle and not to touch others was THE hardest thing we ever did. It took us till about age 11 when we started to see her stop herself from hitting others ....then we stayed on it for a few more years.... Today it's no longer an issue.

Watching Val allow Jessica to slap faces of people is wrong. Val can try to rename it , try to make it cute, it's not. Jessica screams " ouuuuuch" she knows it's not love... Or affection it's pain and she not only knows it but she loves it... Jessica enjoys hurting others, hearing others in pain or crying including dogs....it stimulates her.
The up close face kissing on certain females is also an inappropriate behaviour ..it stimulates Jessica.... She enjoys that stimulant although she doesn't understand it. Again that's up to parents to address from the beginning, along with masturbation it IS a real issue to be addressed... before it gets out of hand...and continues into their 30's.

Yes Jessica is mentally diverse and has serious challenges but at 36.... Her parents should of addressed these inappropriate behaviours from the get go.....stayed on it, been consistent and redirected these behaviours that are 1000000% not socially acceptable for Jessica to function in society. Period.

Again... Val hasnt spoiled Jessica she simply made zero effort to teach or give her tools to help her cope in the world, Val was too busy playing victim to put Jessica's well being ahead of her own. Val has never spoiled Jessica ....that would require love and guilt ..neither of which a narcissist has for others.
Don't confuse Vals lack of parenting due to self pity for spoiling Jessica. There's only one princess in that family anchors Val with her pink throw pillows and twinkle lights.

Jessica has zero tools to guide her through life .. She will never adapt well with others outside of the isolation Val has her locked in.... She will never have outside friends, peers or social outreaches.... Val has taken everything away from Jessica forcing her to be 100% dependant on Val. And when Val is no longer there..... Jessica will be alone.

This... Is abusive negligence...it's criminal and Val is, was and always will be an unfit mother, who should of been locked up years ago for abuse.
Today pimping out her mentally disabled daughter for monthly subscribers to FaceTime and text her is inhumane.

• Heart
Another obnoxious dinner out with Jess squealing ( after Val did it first to get her to do it), leaning on Val, slapping her her and Val saying its a pat!!! Hell no Val she wants to hurt you.
And surprise she had chicken tenders, fries and rice! Not a green vegetable in sight! And she ate it all but saved a few fries. Then ice cream and chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce for dessert. And she was telling Val she couldn't have any. Par for the course.
On the way out Jess was saying that she was getting out more and not working as much!!! She never worked!!!! Just a couple stupid face in the camera videos. It was so pleasant looking up her huge nostrils...🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
And heck out the sores folks. Will be connect the dots soon! And those scars will be permanent after all this time. She must pick everytime no one is looking!
Their like 2 over the hill, sex starved, gray haired lesbian lovers, that can’t get enough of each other, cuddled up on one side of a restaurant booth making a complete fool of themselves in public, while one rubs the others face lovingly, screaming good doggy. A disgusting public display especially from a mother and daughter. Autism or not , this crosses the line of inappropriate behaviour 🤮

Here's the thing...

Autistic children have many of the same characteristics...avoiding eye contact, inappropriate social behaviours, stemming, lack of social cues, withdrawing into themselves, repitition etc... There are many many more...but the thing is...upon diagnoses we as parents turn to the professionals for help and guidance ...doctors , teachers, therapists ,community, help groups etc...

We do this because we still have the obligation to teach these children who are in fact different and vary on a large-scale of understanding from mild to severe...regardless these autistic children still not only require but deserve to be TAUGHT and given tools to help then navigate in the world.
Gone are the days these people were locked away from society ...unleashing course you're Jessica Brooks.

Long story short...we see that Val never put in the work with Jessica she depended on school to take care of it, even though Val was a stay at home parent....until Jessica graduated school then Val " divorced " Campbell to gain access to more government funding and FREE adult classes for Jessica ( the divorce was to save Val and Campbell money, nothing more)

Val never stepped up and continued or contributed to teaching Jessica even the basics...like toileting, proper hygiene ,hand washing, manners, how to sit up not eat with her hands, and personal bounderies.

These are all very common areas for autistic persons to require more in-depth teachings. Teaching your child bounderies, gentle hands, no hitting, biting or pinching again all extremely common...
Val insists on blaming autism for BAD behaviours ... And it's true..to a point but those are the behaviours that need to be addressed the most, and corrected.

In order for our children to be able to participate in school, classes,go out in public, participate with others in social settings they are required to be TAUGHT some form of social skills....number one being person space NO HITTING! Harming others handheld harm is taught from day one.... It's crucial .otherwise these children will be deemed violent and unsociable ... unable to participate in school, or other social gatherings.

Helping to teach my nonverbal autistic daughter to keep her hands gentle and not to touch others was THE hardest thing we ever did. It took us till about age 11 when we started to see her stop herself from hitting others ....then we stayed on it for a few more years.... Today it's no longer an issue.

Watching Val allow Jessica to slap faces of people is wrong. Val can try to rename it , try to make it cute, it's not. Jessica screams " ouuuuuch" she knows it's not love... Or affection it's pain and she not only knows it but she loves it... Jessica enjoys hurting others, hearing others in pain or crying including dogs....it stimulates her.
The up close face kissing on certain females is also an inappropriate behaviour ..it stimulates Jessica.... She enjoys that stimulant although she doesn't understand it. Again that's up to parents to address from the beginning, along with masturbation it IS a real issue to be addressed... before it gets out of hand...and continues into their 30's.

Yes Jessica is mentally diverse and has serious challenges but at 36.... Her parents should of addressed these inappropriate behaviours from the get go.....stayed on it, been consistent and redirected these behaviours that are 1000000% not socially acceptable for Jessica to function in society. Period.

Again... Val hasnt spoiled Jessica she simply made zero effort to teach or give her tools to help her cope in the world, Val was too busy playing victim to put Jessica's well being ahead of her own. Val has never spoiled Jessica ....that would require love and guilt ..neither of which a narcissist has for others.
Don't confuse Vals lack of parenting due to self pity for spoiling Jessica. There's only one princess in that family anchors Val with her pink throw pillows and twinkle lights.

Jessica has zero tools to guide her through life .. She will never adapt well with others outside of the isolation Val has her locked in.... She will never have outside friends, peers or social outreaches.... Val has taken everything away from Jessica forcing her to be 100% dependant on Val. And when Val is no longer there..... Jessica will be alone.

This... Is abusive negligence...it's criminal and Val is, was and always will be an unfit mother, who should of been locked up years ago for abuse.
Today pimping out her mentally disabled daughter for monthly subscribers to FaceTime and text her is inhumane.
I absolutely have no doubt about your ability to diagnose and articulate what is happening and why in this family dynamic. I think you are always spot on and I appreciate your input always. Very logical. If Val would listen it would help tremendously. This is such a terrible situation. Anyway, thank you. Just my 2 cents.

• Heart
I absolutely have no doubt about your ability to diagnose and articulate what is happening and why in this family dynamic. I think you are always spot on and I appreciate your input always. Very logical. If Val would listen it would help tremendously. This is such a terrible situation. Anyway, thank you. Just my 2 cents.
As always, Wallfly is spot on. My son was a very violent young child. I can’t tell you how many times/hours I spent holding him in a backwards hug to either keep from being hit or scratched or to stop his head banging. Toilet training was another mountain. But at some point it finally came together. Val gave up before she ever started. Nonnie had custody at first and Val let her run the show even when Jessica was in school. We’ve all heard of Nonnie’s cussing fits at the school. Val has NEVER been a mother. Would taking Jess from the home now do any good? At the age of 36 with all the behavior problems, I wonder????

As always, Wallfly is spot on. My son was a very violent young child. I can’t tell you how many times/hours I spent holding him in a backwards hug to either keep from being hit or scratched or to stop his head banging. Toilet training was another mountain. But at some point it finally came together. Val gave up before she ever started. Nonnie had custody at first and Val let her run the show even when Jessica was in school. We’ve all heard of Nonnie’s cussing fits at the school. Val has NEVER been a mother. Would taking Jess from the home now do any good? At the age of 36 with all the behavior problems, I wonder????
The outbursts, the tantrums, the meltdowns, and In many cases self harm and it's violent outbursts are not uncommon in autism ....when these children are young and these behaviours present themselves...for us it was out of frustration, our daughters inability to communicate , understanding of how to ask for help or simply be heard. It's a frustrating time for everyone ....so we work on it, all day every day, we get professional input, we practice various ideas and teach tools....get therapists involved to help ...it takes time and patience and consistency ....but teaching our daughter how to cope, communicate , understand she's being heard , letting her know and see and feel understood ...was and is always our goal.
That doesn't mean she's entitled to hit, slap, be rude, act inappropriately,self harm or act out because she didn't get HER way.
Teaching her consequences was crucial as well, good choices have good consequences bad choices have equal consequences ....
That's called discipline, where Val does " air quotes" saying she doesn't "discipline" Jessica because she is an adult or using the word with a derogatory meaning....it's another of Vals excuses for her laziness and lack of parenting.

The difference between a meltdown and a tantrum. Being taught tools, life skills, communication and self soothing, patience help alleviate meltdowns...which are caused by fear, not understanding , not being able to communicate and things out of their control.
Where as tantrums like Jessica's whiney attitude, throwing her head back in defiance , arguing and being combative , hitting with her cane, throwing food that's not HER favourite around ...swearing and being rude, grabbing and refusing to share...the bullying and ordering people around ...this is deliberate bratty behaviour / tantrums there's a big difference.

It's work to teach our children methods on coping, communicating , sharing, listening and making proper choices....Val was/is too busy playing victim to teach Jessica anything ...it's easier to just tell at the other kids to do as Val or jessica says to keep the peace. Jessica runs that family because that's whats easiest for Val.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The outbursts, the tantrums, the meltdowns, and In many cases self harm and it's violent outbursts are not uncommon in autism ....when these children are young and these behaviours present themselves...for us it was out of frustration, our daughters inability to communicate , understanding of how to ask for help or simply be heard. It's a frustrating time for everyone ....so we work on it, all day every day, we get professional input, we practice various ideas and teach tools....get therapists involved to help ...it takes time and patience and consistency ....but teaching our daughter how to cope, communicate , understand she's being heard , letting her know and see and feel understood ...was and is always our goal.
That doesn't mean she's entitled to hit, slap, be rude, act inappropriately,self harm or act out because she didn't get HER way.
Teaching her consequences was crucial as well, good choices have good consequences bad choices have equal consequences ....
That's called discipline, where Val does " air quotes" saying she doesn't "discipline" Jessica because she is an adult or using the word with a derogatory meaning....it's another of Vals excuses for her laziness and lack of parenting.

The difference between a meltdown and a tantrum. Being taught tools, life skills, communication and self soothing, patience help alleviate meltdowns...which are caused by fear, not understanding , not being able to communicate and things out of their control.
Where as tantrums like Jessica's whiney attitude, throwing her head back in defiance , arguing and being combative , hitting with her cane, throwing food that's not HER favourite around ...swearing and being rude, grabbing and refusing to share...the bullying and ordering people around ...this is deliberate bratty behaviour / tantrums there's a big difference.

It's work to teach our children methods on coping, communicating , sharing, listening and making proper choices....Val was/is too busy playing victim to teach Jessica anything ...it's easier to just tell at the other kids to do as Val or jessica says to keep the peace. Jessica runs that family because that's whats easiest for Val.
The most important thing when dealing with a child with any disability, I.e. autism, IDD, DS, etc is consistency. Consistency from a young age will almost, if not always result in a kind, considerate young adult. But, it doesn’t end. You still have to reinforce behaviors. Right now, out of the clear blue my son has started staring at the ceiling daydreaming. He is easily redirected, but I wish I knew what started this. Jessica needs so much help and it’s going to be so hard to redirect any of her actions. No one in the Brooks circle is capable in my opinion.

• Heart

It IS work to parent, it is work to be consistent and that is what MOST parents do. They do not accept rude, bratty behavior. They repeat and repeat and repeat until behaviors change. They teach manners, self hygiene in order for their child (with or without disabilities) to be able to interact in social settings and be able to have their best life.

• Heart

Wallfly
The most important thing when dealing with a child with any disability, I.e. autism, IDD, DS, etc is consistency. Consistency from a young age will almost, if not always result in a kind, considerate young adult. But, it doesn’t end. You still have to reinforce behaviors. Right now, out of the clear blue my son has started staring at the ceiling daydreaming. He is easily redirected, but I wish I knew what started this. Jessica needs so much help and it’s going to be so hard to redirect any of her actions. No one in the Brooks circle is capable in my opinion.
Pokermom and Wallfly,yes consistency is massively important. For the last 4 days,one of my ladies has started to pinch her arms and hands,something she hasn't did for over 6 years.nothing has changed,her day centre she attends says no problems there,so back to explaining no pinching numerous times a day.givng her her stress ball and gently explaining to squeeze it. Being consistent ALL the time is exhausting,but needs to be done. Val isn't a
mother.she never was.

• Heart
I came across this video and it really shows Jessica's need to control things. She wants pizza for supper but Val said how about chili and hot dogs and that was a big no.
Then talking to Marlow and Marlow asks what would you like for lunch and Val suggested a packet of orzo and broccoli and Jess says no it makes 4 servings. They tried to tell her 2 for today and 2 for tomorrow and Jess says no. She keeps harping on it and finally Marlow said I will eat with you and we can use up the 4 servings and that was also a big NO. She was trying to get them to say she could eat all 4 servings. Said there won't be enough for 2 servings another time! Val shut off the camera saying I am getting frustrated! They should have never started the 2 servings tit in the first place. She does not need that much food.
Oh and here is something that was sad. Marlow had told Jess they could go for a stroll that day and when Jess asked if they could go Marlow said sorry I forgot my shoes!!!! Now that was Jess asking to go out for a walk! But nope Marlow had no intention of taking her! Marlow was all sprawled out on the couch looking very hungover!

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.