Autism moms and advocates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a child with asd and have followed all of these pages over the years(dip in and out) Nicole my boy blue has always bothered me and I can’t put my finger on why she has always given off this passive aggressive attitude but all that she wants is the adoration, likes etc from other people and how she does this is by always giving off this persona that she is fighting this fight for all of us which I don’t for one second believe!
I agree, there’s just something about her. The other thing that bothers me is how much she discusses in front of her child. He’s nearly always in the room or the bed beside her when she’s giving out about whatever the rant of the day is.

Reactions: 6
I used to love Elaine upside down but had to unfollow her, am so disappointed. She seems to be using her situation as an excuse to break restrictions constantly (I can only assume that’s why she thinks she’s entitled to?) she’s constantly sharing pics of her parents and both sisters - nieces and nephews. I would absolutely love to see mine, I it’s so unfair. Showing off the new hairdo and justifying it by saying it was done by her sister (as if that’s ok!) was the last straw. She’s the very one who was so upset over the schools closing and would be if they did again but won’t do her bit.
My friends were talking about Elaine getting her hair done today. Does she not realise we are still in level 5 and as Elaine is not a single parent, why she'd need to be in her sisters bubble is beyond me as well as all of the other restrictions they were saying she's broken. She's such a bad example of the autism advocate she's set herself up to be

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My friends were talking about Elaine getting her hair done today. Does she not realise we are still in level 5 and as Elaine is not a single parent, why she'd need to be in her sisters bubble is beyond me as well as all of the other restrictions they were saying she's broken. She's such a bad example of the autism advocate she's set herself up to be
Her sister is a single parent I'm sure so she can bubble with her

I agree, there’s just something about her. The other thing that bothers me is how much she discusses in front of her child. He’s nearly always in the room or the bed beside her when she’s giving out about whatever the rant of the day is.
This is what gets my back up the most, she talks so negatively about her own children while they are right beside her. Both of her children have ID’s they are not deaf, they can’t communicate very well so she thinks that gives her the green light to say what she wants about them while they’re right in front of her, it’s disgusting.

ETA: just realised you were quoting a comment about Nicole and not Elaine but yes she does it all the time. Her sons comprehension is absolutely fine so he can understand what’s she is saying. I can 100% understand why the autistic community don’t like these “autism moms”

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Her sister is a single parent I'm sure so she can bubble with her
Her other sister with the new baby isn’t single so they shouldn’t be all mixing together. She seems to be having them minding the kids overnight to get around restrictions but they are all visiting their parents and I would have thought the Dad was high risk?? Sure like most cork bloggers level 5 doesn’t seem to apply 🙄🙄

I am sorry if I offended anyone but I feel as a mother in the world of autism we have to learn and live . I am so sorry if what I commented hurt but some posts really hurt me too.

It’s so so so hard. Like so hard but these are our children. The children who will be adults one day. I hate that social media exposes them so much. I’m not perfect by a long shot, but I try. Yesterday nearly broke me.

Reactions: 7
It def wasn’t the lady from joining the dotz, it was another girl who went by Lizzie Raisin. She seems to gone off insta now
She not she's still there Lisa Curran

Right with Nicole My Boy Blue, NO CHILD is worse than her son, her son is the only child in Ireland fighting for services etc. The reality is HUNDREDS of families across Ireland are fighting for services no matter how big or how small. She looks down her nose at ANYONE who dares come up against her. She saw his interest in supervalu and the attention it brought and ran with it for the freebies. She cute out, anything that is on social media she will turn it around in a sob story to post. Her fight for Riley to have a school place???? He had TWO places for school... TWO.. Riley buying a 2,000 euro worth of a phone didn't happen. I could tell more about her but what I do know in the autism community she is not well liked

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Who's linzy, is it the postman hates me?
Yeah that's her, she used to be "Linzy Autism Mammy" but she got sick of weirdos screen recording videos of Jamie (her son) so she cut it and kept private. She started Postman hates me but kept quiet about who she was for ages, then slowly introduced Jamie without showing his face. I really like Linzy, I was sad to not follow her anymore but I absolutely understand and love how she shows little snipits now.

On another note, I actually like Elaine. I originally followed her and the other autism advocates because I wanted an insight into their life when I was planning to become an SNA, I lost interest in that a while ago but the only person I still follow is Elaine. Although yesterday I felt it was unfair for her to get her hair done and swan around with her family....all the tears about her not coping in the early summer because no school but like it's people like her who are the problem. Aimee (Nikki from Little Bow Pips sister, who's a singer) got ripped to shreds last week because she suggested that she was getting her hair done outdoors for a performance on TV but Elaine gets away with it no bother..

Well she didn’t disappoint... I’m sure there are plenty of people coming over here from Elaine’s stories to read what’s being said.

Let me be clear I don’t have it in for Elaine my focus is solely on the children. I never said her son has full comprehension I was talking about My Blue Blue. I know my argument is lost because I’m anonymous but I’m clearly not the only one who feels this way about her whinging about her life and how she wishes she had different children. Maybe if she actually educated about autism rather than constantly feeling sorry for herself people would have more respect for. She is not an autism advocate, she is an advocate for narcissistic martyr parenting and her children have a right to privacy in their own home.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well she didn’t disappoint... I’m sure there are plenty of people coming over here from Elaine’s stories to read what’s being said.

Let me be clear I don’t have it in for Elaine my focus is solely on the children. I never said her son has full comprehension I was talking about My Blue Blue. I know my argument is lost because I’m anonymous but I’m clearly not the only one who feels this way about her whinging about her life and how she wishes she had different children. Maybe if she actually educated about autism rather than constantly feeling sorry for herself people would have more respect for. She is not an autism advocate, she is an advocate for narcissistic martyr parenting and her children have a right to privacy in their own home.
In fairness I think autism has educated her, she has been dealing with it for the last 10 years now, my heart goes out to her she has it so tough and i for one wouldnt swap places with her, can’t imagine too many people out there would!

Reactions: 7
I see Lenore is on her stories ranting about tattle sharing a post of mine and telling me to duck off, one classy lady for sure😄😄😄
Also I never said the competition for Edinburgh ( thank you to my work colleague for clearing that up) was to raise funds for her climb, it was ages ago.
Lenore said in her original post that she was going to do her best to make sure that someone who really deserved it would win, a follower asked what her criteria for this was, do they need to tell their circumstances, Lenore got annoyed with her and told her anyone could enter.
The original wording was then edited so that sentence was taken out and Lenore put up a status saying the page and certain followers were giving her a headache and her minions went after this girl so I unfollowed.
I did notice that another prominent cork autism mammy who's sons were in Shine won the competition 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

From all this back and forth, what I'm getting from it is how unfair it is to expose their children to the pitch they do for their own gains. Also they are basically saying because these children have special needs the kids don't know what's going on and never will so the mothers can say what they like about them and in front of them.
I don't think there's a problem with anyone of them being open about their lives being a living hell if that's how they feel. It is their account after all. But I certainly do see how that theme is so hurtful to people who do not feel like that about autism, or to people who have autism.

Posting all the messages from followers saying how people on tattle are narcissists but also how wonderful people and mothers they are. That in my opinion is far more narcissistic than grown adults discussing 'public figures' who are only short of telling you what colour knickers they have on

From all this back and forth, what I'm getting from it is how unfair it is to expose their children to the pitch they do for their own gains. Also they are basically saying because these children have special needs the kids don't know what's going on and never will so the mothers can say what they like about them and in front of them.
I don't think there's a problem with anyone of them being open about their lives being a living hell if that's how they feel. It is their account after all. But I certainly do see how that theme is so hurtful to people who do not feel like that about autism, or to people who have autism.
That’s exactly it and she knows it too. Out of everything I said here my main point was her taking away her children’s privacy and exposing them to thousands of strangers at their most vulnerable but she didn’t address that part.

In fairness I think autism has educated her, she has been dealing with it for the last 10 years now, my heart goes out to her she has it so tough and i for one wouldnt swap places with her, can’t imagine too many people out there would!
Nobody is saying her life isn’t hard or that she shouldn’t talk about her life online, she seems to think that she’s the only one living that life. If she was an average mom talking so negatively about her children she would be torn apart. She is a neurotypical woman living with a neurodiverse family and she has no shame in telling her thousands of followers that she hates it

Shame on you pack of B****es. I ask you all try live a day in any of these girls shoes, you wouldn't last 5 mins.Nobody knows what anyone is going through. If you have a problem message them and tell them don't hide behind a keyboard. People are killing themselves from actions of bullies like you lot, could you girls live with that? Be kind for fu**s sake
I'd suggest if you want us to #bekind then maybe don't call us witches? Just a thought😃
It's not bullying to have an opinion, I was just called a liar by Lenore and told to duck off on her very public platform???

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.