Australian Survivor S9 Blood V Water - 10 / Paramount+

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As long as Mark or Josh don't win next week then I'll be happy. It's been a good season and far better than the US show has been (I haven't started on their latest season yet).

So thanks for Queensland tax payers for helping fund it, though not sure quite how it'll bring $29 million to the local economy? Do they think people will travel that far to see that part of the outback?

After five seasons set in Samoa and Fiji, the sixth season of Ten’s Australian Survivor will soon be filmed in north-west Queensland, helped by $3.9 million in Federal Government funding.
Communications and Arts Minister Paul Fletcher said the production should result in a $29 million boost to the regional economy – filming will take place in Cloncurry, a town more than 1,700 kilometres north west of Brisbane, with a population of less than 3,000 – and create 150 jobs.
Cloncurry was Survivor 2021 and is in the middle of nowhere but this year's series was filmed in Charters Towers.
I dont know about how much money Survivor could bring in to the region but although Charters Towers is considered "outback" it is only an hour and a half drive from Townsville.

Reactions: 1
So thanks for Queensland tax payers for helping fund it, though not sure quite how it'll bring $29 million to the local economy? Do they think people will travel that far to see that part of the outback?
I think the economy boost would be due to the jobs created while it was being filmed - production, catering, medical staff, accommodation for crew and cast. I can't think of anything else but there will be heaps more. I think its less about tourism money and more about employment. Though I am sure there are some super fans who will visit the site.

I have really come around to liking Josh the last few weeks.

Reactions: 2
Cloncurry was Survivor 2021 and is in the middle of nowhere but this year's series was filmed in Charters Towers.
I dont know about how much money Survivor could bring in to the region but although Charters Towers is considered "outback" it is only an hour and a half drive from Townsville.
Ah thanks, I guess in Australian standards 90 minutes is close! Have to be honest I've never heard of Townsville.

I think the economy boost would be due to the jobs created while it was being filmed - production, catering, medical staff, accommodation for crew and cast. I can't think of anything else but there will be heaps more. I think its less about tourism money and more about employment. Though I am sure there are some super fans who will visit the site.

I have really come around to liking Josh the last few weeks.
I can't figure out the maths of the employees would bring $29'000'000 . Sure the local hotels and restaurants would be busy for 8 weeks during filming and just before and after. But they're adding a huge multiplier.

Does Australia have freedom of information requests or similar? Where members of the public can request information from public bodies? I'm genuinely very interested by this all.

Started watching the Australian "the slap" and it's amazing how Jonathan LaPaglia is looking better and better with each year. Makes it easier to put up with his cheesy over the top nodding and winking during voting!

Last edited:
Ah thanks, I guess in Australian standards 90 minutes is close! Have to be honest I've never heard of Townsville.

I can't figure out the maths of the employees would bring $29'000'000 . Sure the local hotels and restaurants would be busy for 8 weeks during filming and just before and after. But they're adding a huge multiplier.

Does Australia have freedom of information requests or similar? Where members of the public can request information from public bodies? I'm genuinely very interested by this all.

Started watching the Australian "the slap" and it's amazing how Jonathan LaPaglia is looking better and better with each year. Makes it easier to put up with his cheesy over the top nodding and winking during voting!
Townsville and Cairns are the two major cities in tropical Far North Queensland.
Townsville is a two hour flight from Brisbane so that gives you an idea of the size of the state.
Townsville to Cloncurry is an eight and a half drive.
Yes there is FOI here but I have no idea how it works.
There was a lot of information released to the media from the Charters Towers Regional Council on how beneficial the show was to the region so you could Google that.

Yel

Charlton towers are saying the production brought in 5-7 million, which sounds optimistic but not beyond the realms of possibility. But where did the other 22-24 million go? Estate agents say there has been interest, but they would do! Hardly think many are going to move out there or it would be news to people that there's nice scenery there.

The production brought an estimated boost to the local economy of between $5 – 7 million, and over 100 Charters Towers locals gained the opportunity to work on the production.

boo that mark won! I wanted either girl to win. He coasted, was arrogant and very self congratulationary.

Glad Josh didn't win, he seemed to sulk off after he was voted out.

A good season, 6.5/10. Let's hope the new American one is half decent.

I went into the finale wanting Shay to win. She was an underdog for so long, having to fight her way to stay in the game.
But she had no strategic gameplay really. And spoke terribly to the jury. Why would they give her the title when she only rates herself an 8/10 at playing the game?
Chrissy for sure was a goat, and nobody coasted more than she did.
In the end Mark at least played a risky game at times (lying about having 2 idols etc), and was very strategic throughout.
Even the jury members he organised to be voted out or blindsided loved him. Which is a credit to his social game too.
Probably the most deserving winner of the three IMO.

Yel

Yeah fair enough, he did more than the other two. I just didn't like mark, at least Chrisy had some entertaining moments. Like unable to remember the word purgatory, she's had a good edit.

I have to admit I skipped most of the final, just watched the challenge, and the results of the votes. As much as I like she show I've got no time for seeing their family and all the sentimental crap, montages and find the jury stuff boring 😴