Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All her smug, condescending preening and this is the quality of work she has done to her face. She really highlights her worst features with her Botox, filler and those brows
I don't like to comment on people's appearances or body shame on Tattle but my god she's so ugly with all the filler!

Reactions: 8
I listened to the She's On The Money podcast recently for the first time in ages and they were discussing indulgences they like to spend on, VD kept saying we're not here to judge but she would gasp and was totally dudgey about what her cohost was talking about. :oops:

Reactions: 5
People are haaaating her baby content. It all seems like some weird humble brag about how wealthy she is.
Agree. I feel like she’s approached pregnancy and parenting like if you spend the most amount of money you are better placed than everyone else. It’s a tit message to send to first time / impressionable would be mums or women in her demo. I just can’t take her seriously with how much filler she’s pumped into her cheeks (I’m taking an appearance dig because fillers aren’t permanent), and how she’s tried to peg herself as so experienced when her baby probably hasn’t gone through any sleep regression yet. All of her pregnancy and bf experience is so OTT. I for one, don’t know why you would pump so early when you’re breastfeeding - it will keep your supply low and you’ll end up formula feeding anyway. She also hasn’t mentioned anything about the changes in relationship, mood, adjustment to this enormous responsibility… it just sounds like crass consumerism - buy and spend heaps so you can be a good parent. duck off. Come back to us in a few years. I doubt also returning to work so early is good for your mental state - not a flex. Her messaging is so problematic.

Reactions: 25
saying that she took prenatal vitamins to get a 'good quality baby' which is just a foul thing to say honestly. It really upset me.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Agree. I feel like she’s approached pregnancy and parenting like if you spend the most amount of money you are better placed than everyone else. It’s a tit message to send to first time / impressionable would be mums or women in her demo. I just can’t take her seriously with how much filler she’s pumped into her cheeks (I’m taking an appearance dig because fillers aren’t permanent), and how she’s tried to peg herself as so experienced when her baby probably hasn’t gone through any sleep regression yet. All of her pregnancy and bf experience is so OTT. I for one, don’t know why you would pump so early when you’re breastfeeding - it will keep your supply low and you’ll end up formula feeding anyway. She also hasn’t mentioned anything about the changes in relationship, mood, adjustment to this enormous responsibility… it just sounds like crass consumerism - buy and spend heaps so you can be a good parent. duck off. Come back to us in a few years. I doubt also returning to work so early is good for your mental state - not a flex. Her messaging is so problematic.
This is not correct. Pumping doesn't reduce your supply it does the opposite. It's not recommended to pump before 6 weeks (obviously for some parents it necessary due to latch issues, NICU/SC etc) as it can create an oversupply. The more milk you remove the more your body produces whether it's baby removing milk or a pump. Babies are more efficient at removing milk so what you pump doesn't reflect on your supply necessarily

Reactions: 7
I don’t think VD fully grasps what she said and what people have a problem with. She’s only touching on pregnancy loss here. Many people (including me) have the issue with the “good quality baby” comment to mean that there’s no disability or otherwise. And what about the listeners who don’t peruse social media, I hope she makes an apology on her podcast, and one that is a bit more thoughtful. Not like “whoops sorry bad choice of words”.

Reactions: 12
The back pedal begins…
View attachment 3027210
Who the duck says that? a “good quality baby”?

It’s like when people say “i just want a healthy baby”. What, one that’s not “tainted” by disability or medical complexities? You can almost overlook the healthy baby comments… I personally try not to take it to heart.

But to say “good quality baby”!?!?! Nah. duck off. Literally no context or interpretation where that is in any way acceptable. And don’t hide behind your “pregnancy loss”. You should know better then.

Reactions: 14
This is not correct. Pumping doesn't reduce your supply it does the opposite. It's not recommended to pump before 6 weeks (obviously for some parents it necessary due to latch issues, NICU/SC etc) as it can create an oversupply. The more milk you remove the more your body produces whether it's baby removing milk or a pump. Babies are more efficient at removing milk so what you pump doesn't reflect on your supply necessarily
I agree - sorry I was probably wording it clunkily - I feel her feeding regime - like her approach to motherhood so far - seems to be so over complicated. Bf, PLUS pumping (with expensive pump) PLUS formula feeding while trying to get back to work ASAP looks like a recipe for severe PPD if you ask me. I don’t think she’s particularly honest about much apart from how much she spends.

…….
Adding on to the “good quality” comments which were poor taste. I think it cements how she perceives things. The more you spend, the better you get. Which doesn’t work in parenting, pregnancy or motherhood. She strikes me as a massive control freak brimming with anxiety.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Who the duck says that? a “good quality baby”?

It’s like when people say “i just want a healthy baby”. What, one that’s not “tainted” by disability or medical complexities? You can almost overlook the healthy baby comments… I personally try not to take it to heart.

But to say “good quality baby”!?!?! Nah. duck off. Literally no context or interpretation where that is in any way acceptable. And don’t hide behind your “pregnancy loss”. You should know better then.
Since when is it now unreasonable to want your baby to be healthy? It doesn't mean that you wouldn't love them less or think they're "tainted". Don't we all want what's best for our kids? What's next, saying we just want them to be happy is wrong?

Reactions: 6
saying that she took prenatal vitamins to get a 'good quality baby' which is just a foul thing to say honestly. It really upset me.
Oh that’s just hideous.

Also agree with the comments about how ‘as long as it’s healthy’ is quite offensive.

If you have no experience with children with additional needs or complex births and pregnancies (VD I’m talking to you), I’d highly recommend some early episodes of ‘too peas in a pod’ podcast. ‘Too’ not ‘two’. Two mums of multiples who have additional needs. They rant about this kind of BS language. Another one is ‘you only get what you are able to cope with’.

Honestly, VD is insufferable as a first time mum. Perfect baby, perfect pregnancy because she did everything ‘right’. Bleugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Since when is it now unreasonable to want your baby to be healthy? It doesn't mean that you wouldn't love them less or think they're "tainted". Don't we all want what's best for our kids? What's next, saying we just want them to be happy is wrong?
I absolutely see this point of view and tend to agree with you but I think from the other side it comes from having a disabled child (I don’t have kids with special needs but siblings) and the sympathy that comes with that diagnosis and the friendships that can be lost because it’s “too hard” and all the tests that are done in pregnancy with the option to abort because of it (ie Down syndrome) it can feel like a slap in the face and a constant battle that if you’re thick in it a “healthy” baby can mean a neurotypical baby.
Sorry Im not very concise but I see both points of view!

also that apology was horse tit by VD I think

• Heart
I know it’s been covered but I just saw another Instagram post and I’m about to scream and tear my hair out so I need to vent to my people. You glorious bunch.

This bleeping wank fest that is the 36 months project. INFURIATING!! Whippa is doing this pathetic attempt at saving the kids from social media all while his wife spruiks them all over the socials. All the usual muppets are lining up to like every post and cry at the Dove ad, all well also using their kids to rake in the $$$. I’d much prefer to sign a petition that stops parents from being allowed to post their children on public platforms or at the very least protects the children’s earnings from any of these ads. Honestly, it blows my mind that they cannot see the hypocrisy.

Reactions: 17
I absolutely see this point of view and tend to agree with you but I think from the other side it comes from having a disabled child (I don’t have kids with special needs but siblings) and the sympathy that comes with that diagnosis and the friendships that can be lost because it’s “too hard” and all the tests that are done in pregnancy with the option to abort because of it (ie Down syndrome) it can feel like a slap in the face and a constant battle that if you’re thick in it a “healthy” baby can mean a neurotypical baby.
Sorry Im not very concise but I see both points of view!

also that apology was horse tit by VD I think
adding: people usually intertwine disability with “unhealthy”

Reactions: 2
I think it’s different when you have a platform. Of course everyone wishes for good health for their family and loved ones but when speaking on a platform it’s a kick in the guts for anyone who has a child with additional needs. In the same way that you would’nt go on about worrying about a miscarriage in front of someone who has suffered one. It’s just being thoughtful.

Old mate Victoria Devine/Vicky D has really put her foot in it. She's still not done talking about her pregnancy. She says she started "prenatals" aka prenatal vitamins "at least 12 months before trying" in order to get a "good quality baby".

First of all, her O&G doctor is absolutely getting a kickback from elevit or some tit because taking prenatal vitamins for a year before trying sounds excessive but the wording of "good quality baby" is just soooo icky.

Interesting that she says this is a hidden cost of childbirth because this is not birth-related, rather pregnancy related.
duck she’s weird looking

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think it’s different when you have a platform. Of course everyone wishes for good health for their family and loved ones but when speaking on a platform it’s a kick in the guts for anyone who has a child with additional needs. In the same way that you would’nt go on about worrying about a miscarriage in front of someone who has suffered one. It’s just being thoughtful.
Exactly this. Parenting when you didn’t get the “healthy baby” and people with platforms who spin this tit is yuck. I’d bet she’s never met or engaged with a disabled person or probably just looks at us parenting severely disabled kids with pity. Lol. its not “wrong” to want them to be “healthy or happy” but we definitely didn’t want them to live lives full of trauma and pain and disability and then have some holier than thou spoiled privileged bleeping idiot sprouting about her magic vitamins to give her a “good quality baby” 😂😂😂😂 I love when influenzas become parents and suddenly become the best at it.
---
Oh that’s just hideous.

Also agree with the comments about how ‘as long as it’s healthy’ is quite offensive.

If you have no experience with children with additional needs or complex births and pregnancies (VD I’m talking to you), I’d highly recommend some early episodes of ‘too peas in a pod’ podcast. ‘Too’ not ‘two’. Two mums of multiples who have additional needs. They rant about this kind of BS language. Another one is ‘you only get what you are able to cope with’.

Honestly, VD is insufferable as a first time mum. Perfect baby, perfect pregnancy because she did everything ‘right’. Bleugh.
Thank you, fellow pea 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 11