Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't this carrier gifted? Surely she isn't angling for another one?

I'm not a mum and even I know buying so much white baby clothing is a stupid idea lmao
A different one was gifted! The artipopps are expensive (and trendy) so I can see her hoping for a freebie from them too.

Reactions: 3
A different one was gifted! The artipopps are expensive (and trendy) so I can see her hoping for a freebie from them too.
Pretty sure they do an affiliate program? Or they used to. I remember from when Kyree had her youngest. Surprised she hasn’t shared her link.

Reactions: 1
okay time to speculate... who listens to high scrollers? who do we think was the high profile australian influencer who shat themselves in todays episode? LOLOLOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I gotta say that Scandal by Shameless is one of the most interesting podcasts atm. I listened to the Clara Bow one tonight.
Even though i'm slightly annoyed they only covered it because it's related to TSwift, I really enjoyed learning about the og IT girl

Reactions: 6
Shameless have released the hosts of their new podcasts.
Screenshot_20240417_115255_Instagram.jpg

Is it also beauty related?
Wonder how much they pay the hosts.

QUOTE="Blueshirts, post: 19030300, member: 153866"]
Shameless have released the hosts of their new podcasts.
View attachment 2880266

Is it also beauty related?
Wonder how much they pay the hosts.
[/QUOTE]
It must be as Anika has appeared on the Adore Beauty YouTube channel and Joanna used to co host their podcast and is now a dermal clinician

Reactions: 2
Funny, the Olivia Molly Roger’s thing was posted in tattle… but they don’t get their info from here ;)

IMG_6255.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I really hope the stylish girls don’t promote overconsumption. It would give me the biggest ick

I really hope the stylish girls don’t promote overconsumption. It would give me the biggest ick
Cannot imagine they are going to be remotely sustainable. They might pay a bit of lip service - buy good quality because you’ll keep it forever, cost per wear etc etc but I have never heard Zara and Michele say anything remotely sustainable re fashion. They promote fashion brands, rave about new clothes that are in trend - however briefly. I’ve never even heard them talk about renting/ borrowing clothes for events etc. the closest they’ve come is Zara selling her lampshade and I do t think that had anything to do with saving planet.

agree with the representation comment. They are More willing to have different voices behind the mic although let’s be honest, not that diverse. Still rich, thin private school kids but yes, better than mamma Mia etc.

Reactions: 7
Cannot imagine they are going to be remotely sustainable. They might pay a bit of lip service - buy good quality because you’ll keep it forever, cost per wear etc etc but I have never heard Zara and Michele say anything remotely sustainable re fashion. They promote fashion brands, rave about new clothes that are in trend - however briefly. I’ve never even heard them talk about renting/ borrowing clothes for events etc. the closest they’ve come is Zara selling her lampshade and I do t think that had anything to do with saving planet.

agree with the representation comment. They are More willing to have different voices behind the mic although let’s be honest, not that diverse. Still rich, thin private school kids but yes, better than mamma Mia etc.
I always laugh at them being sponsored by frank green but most of their “style” content involves them holding a takeaway coffee cup 🙄

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I have a very hard time believing Victoria’s story about being told off for feeding in a cafe and her clap back

Reactions: 13
I missed this! What did she say happened?
She said she was breastfeeding in a cafe and be someone said “do you have to do that in the middle of a cafe?” And she replied with “I’ve had to put up with watching your husband chew peanut butter all morning” or words to that effect

I find it hard to believe. Breastfeeding anywhere at any time is protected by law. You legally can’t ask people to stop, I think most people know that.

I find it hard to believe. Breastfeeding anywhere at any time is protected by law. You legally can’t ask people to stop, I think most people know that.
Most but not all. You'd be surprised how many people, women included, think breastfeeding should be hidden completely away. People suck.

Yeah I think there is a lot more fear around being asked to stop. I have never witnessed anyone being asked to stop feeding and I was never given so much as a sly look when I was feeding my kids. I’m not saying it never happens but I think I very rarely happens and when it does there are countless people ready and eager to step in (all angry mums lol).

Understandably new mums are nervous about getting their boob out in public. It can be hard and embarrassing at first, especially if it’s a busy place and you can feel people looking. I think this fear, coupled with strong media portrayal of bf in public being called out (think the let down, endless mamma mia outrage) and the vulnerability we feel as new mums means that we fear and anticipate this happening and have endless imaginary conversations in our heads. One of VDs imaginary convos made it to her feed.

What that comedian did was sexist and tit and not entirely his problem but more of a problem with how we treat women, mums and kids in society in general. I think the mum should’ve got a babysitter. It wasn’t a newborn, it’s bedtime etc but it had fook all to do with breastfeeding.

100% an imaginary conversation.
I respond to imaginary scenarios too, I just do it in the shower and not to my Instagram followers

• Haha
Reactions: 18