ASMR Channels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been watching Jellbybean Green ASMR for quite a few years,her asmr content is very good,but over the last 12 to 18 months all she seems to do is beg. First it was for mkney to build a studio which was sound proof,her subscribers raised thousands of dollars,then it was she bought a new apartment and was vo parenting with ex partner,so kids remained in the family home but she and ex both had to find additional housing for when it wasnt their turn to parent,so her followers gifted thousands of dollars for items from her Throne wish list enabling her to kit out her new apartment. Now shes begging for contributions towards a new computer. Whilst I enjoy her contrnt,quite clearly producing ASMR is not providing a wage,clearly we only know whst she says when asking for money,but it really isnt the responsibility of youtube followers to fund her life choices or lifestyle. Most creators have jobs and create asmr as a hobby. Im starting to grow tired of the begging from people who claim to want to be full time content creators but quite clearly dont consider how they will earn a living. The rest of us work to earn money to pay our way in life,sadly if you have financial responsibility for children then sometimes its about doing a job to pay the bills ,it may not be your dream job butvdo many of these ASMR creators seem like day dreamers who believe creating content and begging for money is a legitimate job

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I feel like for her and a few others, Throne has made them feel more and more comfortable to ask for handouts. I had to unfollow and mute her. I didn’t realize she had asked for all of that?? Feels like a very different JBG than from a few years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel like for her and a few others, Throne has made them feel more and more comfortable to ask for handouts. I had to unfollow and mute her. I didn’t realize she had asked for all of that?? Feels like a very different JBG than from a few years ago.
Definitely a very different person to a few years ago,I used to love her content. It disgusts me that she uses mental health,her relationship breakdown and her kids as excuses for not working and begging her followers. She raised a significant amount of money to build her studio,more than double she actually needed. Its almost as if she sees her you tube followers as a personal cash machine, rather than getting a job to pay for things. I wonder if any of the money is declared

Definitely a very different person to a few years ago,I used to love her content. It disgusts me that she uses mental health,her relationship breakdown and her kids as excuses for not working and begging her followers. She raised a significant amount of money to build her studio,more than double she actually needed. Its almost as if she sees her you tube followers as a personal cash machine, rather than getting a job to pay for things. I wonder if any of the money is declared
I Wonder what changed. If it’s seeing other people using throne and getting lots of things bought for them or what. When she asked for crowdfunding to get tattoos to cover her scars I started getting a weird feeling but I could also empathize with that one. But it just branched out to all these other things and the empathy disappeared and turned to ick.

I understand completely! That's what 'threw' me about WhisperAudios, when she crowdfunded her studio space she actually had a plaque made up with the names of all the donors and hung it above the door for her OWN reminder. She also got a public mailbox thing only after several fans asked to send her little treat baskets from their part of the world. Then she saw some other ASMR girl get her whole flat furnished off of Throne and made one herself, and it's gone from 50 dollar cosmetics up to a 1500 dollar cappucino maker, 5000 dollar vacations... And if you bring it up anywhere but here, you're 'just jealous' and 'hating'. :rolleyes:

The biggest "offender" is ScottishMurmurs, she has Gucci boots, an YSL bag, a brand new high-end Mac.... but then again she always did seem to be the type for that. The best Throne list is WhispersRed, it's all dog supplies for her animal rescue shelter. I wish all these people with big pockets would go over to hers.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I understand completely! That's what 'threw' me about WhisperAudios, when she crowdfunded her studio space she actually had a plaque made up with the names of all the donors and hung it above the door for her OWN reminder. She also got a public mailbox thing only after several fans asked to send her little treat baskets from their part of the world. Then she saw some other ASMR girl get her whole flat furnished off of Throne and made one herself, and it's gone from 50 dollar cosmetics up to a 1500 dollar cappucino maker, 5000 dollar vacations... And if you bring it up anywhere but here, you're 'just jealous' and 'hating'. :rolleyes:

The biggest "offender" is ScottishMurmurs, she has Gucci boots, an YSL bag, a brand new high-end Mac.... but then again she always did seem to be the type for that. The best Throne list is WhispersRed, it's all dog supplies for her animal rescue shelter. I wish all these people with big pockets would go over to hers.
I absolutely love whispersred,she comes across as such a genuinely kind and caring lady,her ASMR is outstanding. I love that she asks for donations for the rescue, rather than herself, It says so much about the type of person she is

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Scottish Murmurs doesn’t shock me one bit. She’s one of the ones sexualizing ASMR so strongly and her video Themes seem so desperate for attention. Her having her fans buy her designer stuff… of course she is. WA doesn’t shock me anymore either. She’s another one where I wonder if Throne influenced the personality shift or if it was always there but hidden. I can’t imagine asking people to buy things let alone things that are that expensive.
I absolutely love whispersred,she comes across as such a genuinely kind and caring lady,her ASMR is outstanding. I love that she asks for donations for the rescue, rather than herself, It says so much about the type of person she is
Bless Emma. She’s always been like the ASMR mother. She has the best energy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t like healing room. I find her like all the other fake wannabe asmrtists out there, heavy filters, heavy make up and too theatrical with the props.
also her unintelligible whispering isn’t unintelligible and that really wound me up. So unsubbed.
I noticed that Healing Room has been posting a lot of spa videos of different cultures and in some of her videos she acts like she is part of that culture. She has Native, Japanese, Egyptian, Chinese, etc, etc. Genuine question: is that not cultural appropriation?

Reactions: 4
I noticed that Healing Room has been posting a lot of spa videos of different cultures and in some of her videos she acts like she is part of that culture. She has Native, Japanese, Egyptian, Chinese, etc, etc. Genuine question: is that not cultural appropriation?
It’s an unpopular opinion but I agree that some asmrtists r using different cultures/traditions for content. It’s not educational, dressing up in a poorly executed attempt in a costume, putting on an accent and recreating cultural practices for asmr is in bad taste.

Reactions: 3
It’s an unpopular opinion but I agree that some asmrtists r using different cultures/traditions for content. It’s not educational, dressing up in a poorly executed attempt in a costume, putting on an accent and recreating cultural practices for asmr is in bad taste.
I agree. I think it’s one thing to throw on an accent if you’re at least part of that culture but to dress in another culture/race’s clothing and pretend to be of that culture feels tacky and wrong. It’s one thing to use Chinese gua sha in a spa video and another to dress up and pretend to be Chinese to use gua sha.

have you guys seen that channel psychetruth? it's so bizzare... the thumbnails are so cheap and there's like multiple women on rotation depending on views

Reactions: 8
have you guys seen that channel psychetruth? it's so bizzare... the thumbnails are so cheap and there's like multiple women on rotation depending on views
I used to love that channel but it's really gotten weird lately. I like the massage stuff and Corrina's ear cupping videos but the new roleplays and the new thumbnail styles don't match at all.

I have seen this. I know Corrina, the main person on the channel, recently suffered a loss and so she needed other people to step in for a while. But some of the videos they’ve posted like that one cat girl video are so out there from what that channel has been for years. But also to be fair their views have really dropped so maybe they’re trying to branch out to a new audience. Either way it does come off very weird.

Reactions: 1
I really liked Be Brave Be You but my god the comments on her being a totalfuckingbitch in real life are accurate. How totally rude are her public posts? She seems so angry at the world

Reactions: 6
I really liked Be Brave Be You but my god the comments on her being a totalfuckingbitch in real life are accurate. How totally rude are her public posts? She seems so angry at the world
She's both angry and entitled. She has absolutely no concept of accepting constructive feedback, it's embarrassing how quickly she snaps.

Reactions: 6
She’s so passive aggressive. Anyone would think she’s got a gun being held to her head to do ASMR.

I agree re Be Brave Be You - I love her asmr but do you watch her other channel? She’s so defensive on it and also does beauty box unboxings every couple of weeks and moans non stop about each one! Stop ordering them if you think they’re so rubbish!

• Heart
She's both angry and entitled. She has absolutely no concept of accepting constructive feedback, it's embarrassing how quickly she snaps.
She is extremely entitled. If you go back a few pages in this thread there’s a screenshot where she’s calling herself the hardest working asmrtist lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know it’s been discussed above but infuriates me how ASNR channels are becoming more provocative/sexualised. I used to really enjoy KatieASMr who only has about 25k subs but now all of our videos have provocative thumbnails/TSA style pat downs etc.

Reactions: 9
literally what the duck is this? the rolled eyes, the hentai style and the fact she's acting / dressed like a little girl 🤢 when she does "ear licking" videos where she just eye fucks the camera like she's giving a blow job and the comments are just riddled with creepy men

sometimes shame IS a good thing

DC7BBEEF-8927-446E-97FD-5AC25BFF7125.jpeg
8FBB3BA1-B442-40D1-B1FA-BFC4FB1BC7D7.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.