Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scranton

I know it’s been discussed above but infuriates me how ASNR channels are becoming more provocative/sexualised. I used to really enjoy KatieASMr who only has about 25k subs but now all of our videos have provocative thumbnails/TSA style pat downs etc.
IMHO it's always worth discussing because it's the biggest issue facing ASMR right now. It feels like the whole 'thing' is in a slump, and all these girls are trying to either jumpstart a new channel or boost their old one by being more suggestive. I think the biggest problem isn't even the content, but how it's so blatantly a money-grab scheme, especially when it's paired with a Throne list, as mentioned before. Plus watching people who were openly against sexualizing ASMR suddenly have a 'sexual awakening', no doubt to the soundtrack of cash registers clanging.

And the saddest thing? It isn't even necessary. There's still lots of good channels that do very well on views and subscribers without any of this 'tug my shirt lower and lean forward nonsense' (a bunch of them have already been recommended in this thread). And yes, sorry, I'm on my boolsheet again but I checked WhisperAudios channel as an example, and her boobie-licious Monthly Faves vids do as well as her Vampire roleplays with no cleavage (about 30k views average for each) and both of them are blown away by her hand-exam vid which pulled in 170k views! And she's wearing a very loose, billowy shirt in that, and most of the time all we see is the hands anyways! It's just that you have to be good now, instead of randomly rattling fake nails against your eyeglasses case while chewing gum.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

JoeExotic

VIP Member
Sometimes when I'm just searching asmr + random trigger I got into, I see so many sexual thumbnails/titles. It's really bizarre to me and icks me out tbh.
Scottish murmurs is so bad for it. I used to really like her content but now it just makes me feel uncomfortable everytime I see her thumbnails. And the comments are just full of sad, sleazy men.

queenfeline

She once sent her flying monkeys to my IG page because I said it was harmful for her to say things like 'you don't need medication to get out of depression' as a non-medical professional, especially when drugs for mental health are still stigmatised. She basically acted like I personally told her that her journey wasn't valid, instead of rationally understanding that blanket statements when you have a large platform are dangerous. Glad to see she's still being a whiny bitch though. She can cry her tears into her multiple mortgages now that she's fulfilled her dream about being a landlord or whatever.

• Wow

FreshMatcha

View attachment 1293215
They’re fucking two peas in a pod. 🤦‍♀️ Both victims…. Both loving another woman with the same issues as they have being publicly destroyed.
This hatred doesnt feel like its about Johnny &Amber anymore. Their joy in this is really twisted when you realize they've both tried/succeeded in canceling numerous female asmrtists. Deeply misogynistic stuff. (I've been watching Beas tweets too now) and she said it well "not realizing if it were them on the stand, they'd be treated the same".

viewtube

VIP Member
exactly, it is SO offensive, and she is 100% the type of influencer who will deflect any criticism with the "be kind" thing and talking about her own mental health.
I cannot work out why she stopped ASMR, it was so popular, how many people want to see her opening packages and chopping up fruit?
As a person I find her extremely boring and shallow, as an ASMR artist she was outstanding

• Heart

Booington

I love Gentle Whispering, although I haven’t listening as much as I used to over the last couple of years. I cannot get into anyone else as much as her, it’s the Russian accent I think, English accents (I’m English) don’t do it for me in terms of ASMR! Even some of her dodgy role plays are good, my favourite one is the hair washing or the shirt crinkles.
I must start listening again.

Reactions: 8

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
have you guys seen that channel psychetruth? it's so bizzare... the thumbnails are so cheap and there's like multiple women on rotation depending on views

TuppenceMcreedy

wtf? Her arguments only seem to suit her to justify an argument - she's all over the place. Poor fifteen year old girl.

I think she deserves her own thread tbh, anyone else keen?

Let’s not forget she also tried to dox a 15 year old girl she thought was copying her

viewtube

VIP Member
I’ve found my people!

To be honest, I am more into the smaller accounts now as I seem to prefer the lofi feel of videos. However I do still watch Latte when she uploads - her videos are insane!

I first discovered ASMR darling about 3 years ago but don’t really enjoy her new videos anymore. Same with Gibi, GraceV, Sophie Michelle, ASMR planet... I feel like I just kind of got bored and unsubscribed to them all and now I mostly watch smaller asmrtists
I find some ASMR artists, once they start to become popular, they either start trying to monetise everything or they become overly sexual with the content. I used to love ASMR Char, she has an amazing voice, now she concentrates on only fans, because sex sells. The smaller accounts tend to remain true to ASMR rather than selling out

kalechips

VIP Member
Julia has been so annoying on stories since announcing her pregnancy with the constant "Baby made me do it!" posts and upping her usual pick-me behaviour to now include her kid "I'm tHe oNlY wHiTe gUrL who likes nigerian music, and so does our baby!!" ugh stop. Maybe it's just me being an asshole but I feel like some people become exponentially more annoying when they're pregnant.

• Heart
been watching asmr for years, kind of gone off it lately but I thought I'd share some of my faves! (hope this type of post is okay!) most of these artists are soft-spoken, realistic pace, and have little to no tapping/mouth sounds 😊

- ASMR Midnight (mostly salon/hair/make-up roleplays)
- ASMR Vibes (mostly hairstyling and head massages on doll heads but also things like shop/cafe roleplays with her kids supermarket toys)
- Duchess92 ASMR ('vintage' salon roleplays but without any irritating acting)
- Lila Rose ASMR (mostly hair salon and pov body massages, a few other things like tattoo parlour, waxing, record shop etc.)
- Relaxing Sleep ASMR (mannequin head roleplays - hair salon & scalp/lice checks)
- SWITCHSCISSORS (the OG for asmr haircuts!)

would love some suggestions too!

• Heart

Red Shirt

Has anyone else noticed that the rich guy buying all the asmrtists full wishlists from throne ("Batman") is now in a relationship with Starling ASMR? Am I watching an irl episode of 90 day fiance? Ok that's mean but this is actually concerning...

• Wow

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
“The situation is DIRE with my elderly cat. It enjoys eating & sleeping & living life to the fullest but I wanna put it down.”

itsblitzz- 2023

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow