Ashley James

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s not 5 and a half months, he’ll be 5 months on Thursday. So he is still 4 months at the moment. Guidelines are 6 months anyway so it is too early. They also say when the baby can sit unaided etc and he can’t do that yet. Whatever way you look at it, she’s about a month too early with all this, as usual she likes to rush things with him but won’t be told.
Her baby, her decision and all that but I just hope he doesn’t suffer with any problems in the future because of it.
He’s 22 weeks tomorrow - does that not count as 5.5 months? Im wondering now for my own baby, as I say they were born same week so are both 22 weeks. I was thinking of starting him at 24 weeks ?

He’s 22 weeks tomorrow - does that not count as 5.5 months? Im wondering now for my own baby, as I say they were born same week so are both 22 weeks. I was thinking of starting him at 24 weeks ?
You'll know if your baby is ready/wants it. You can start with lighter bits and see if they take to it. I think Alf seems ready from what Ashley has shown and you'll know with your baby too if they're hungrier.

I did it with my LO on the date. So if they were born on the 1st January for example, they would be 4 weeks old on 29th January but not a month old until 1st February.
As far as guidance goes, sitting up unaided, lost the tongue thrust action etc is what you would generally be looking for as readiness to start weaning. Showing an interest in food is not a sign as babies are interested in everything and everything invariably goes in their mouths.
What irks me about the situation is Ashley has just spent a day with a weaning EXPERT and is still just doing as she pleases and racing to the next stage in Alf’s life. He can’t sit unaided etc so isn’t yet developmentally ready for weaning according to the guidance and AK would have said this to her. I know cause I watched her speak at the baby show and she opened with a huge section on “when to wean” there’s no chance she didn’t do this on a 1-3 session.
Each to their own but why claim to do all this research etc and then go against everything that is out there.

Reactions: 8
Thanks girls.. I haven’t read too much on it, have a book on order this week.. kind of just learning each phase as I go!

Reactions: 6
Surely the taxi driver in a moving vehicle wouldn’t allow her to not wear a seatbelt while feeding her baby on her lap...no car seat. How does she think this is Ok? I am in shock! Poor Baby 💔

Reactions: 6
Surely the taxi driver in a moving vehicle wouldn’t allow her to not wear a seatbelt while feeding her baby on her lap...no car seat. How does she think this is Ok? I am in shock! Poor Baby 💔
He probably felt uncomfortable to look at her cuz she flops them out and would probably cry perv and have an outrageous story about how a ‘man’ prevented her from doing the most natural thing in the world.
I don’t think you need a car seat for babies in taxis??? The rare time we’ve taken the kids in a taxi eg we’ve visited London/been to the airport they’ve all said the same so the baby has sat on my lap 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
No, 24 weeks isn’t the same as 6 months. However as others have said I’d probably stick to when they are showing signs they are ready more than just the dates and if your baby is able to sit by themselves and isn’t just spitting the food back out then probably a good time to start. 😊

Reactions: 2
I made the weeks/months mistake when I had my baby too. I was counting him as like 5 months or something given the weeks and then someone told me to just go by the date of the month they were born on - made it much easier.

Reactions: 3
I fully believe she is trolling us. The sunscreen thing? I wasn’t aware not to use it until 6 months with my first, but thankfully we live in Ireland, so there wasn’t much need for it. But I now know it’s really really dangerous. It clogs pores on baby’s skin and stops them from sweating so they can easily over heat. As well as their skin being so sensitive…. And yes it is fully possible to have baby covered or in the shade… it’s one thing not knowing the risks involved, but she is fully aware.

I fully believe she is trolling us. The sunscreen thing? I wasn’t aware not to use it until 6 months with my first, but thankfully we live in Ireland, so there wasn’t much need for it. But I now know it’s really really dangerous. It clogs pores on baby’s skin and stops them from sweating so they can easily over heat. As well as their skin being so sensitive…. And yes it is fully possible to have baby covered or in the shade… it’s one thing not knowing the risks involved, but she is fully aware.
He’s always in short sleeve/short outfits. Also how she says slightly ahead of the 6 month recommendation, in my mind slightly is a couple weeks not 2 months

Reactions: 2
Ahh I’ve never known a woman in their 30s so obsessed with their own breasts! What’s wrong with her 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Something I can’t stand is how immensely privileged she is and thinks she has ‘manifested’ everything she has. ‘Don’t compare yourself’ she spouts as she is gifted every single baby toy and gadget you can think of to make life ‘easier’ - her clothes are all gifted and she’s going on about how ‘not to be insecure about your postpartum body’ whilst she’s wearing a new outfit daily. I’d be confident too if I had that money but I’m still wearing leggings and T-shirt’s from pregnancy 🤣

also the doula and postpartum ‘check up’ - again as if the majority of mums could afford that.

anyone that gives her any pointers is just ‘jealous’ and anyone that doesn’t have her wealth needs to ‘work hard’ 🤦🏼‍♀️

Be yourself but don’t pretend you’re ‘just like other mums’ because you’re not.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can’t stand the way she keeps banging on about how she has a baby and a partner now, compared to this time two years ago, or this time 18 months ago when she was single. Yea, we get it, that’s how life works Ashley. We know you were once single, as we all were.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He probably felt uncomfortable to look at her cuz she flops them out and would probably cry perv and have an outrageous story about how a ‘man’ prevented her from doing the most natural thing in the world.
I don’t think you need a car seat for babies in taxis??? The rare time we’ve taken the kids in a taxi eg we’ve visited London/been to the airport they’ve all said the same so the baby has sat on my lap 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes you are probably right (poor guy) 🙈 Always with the Drama stories. I’ve actually unfollowed her since, sick of listening to her.
I didn’t know you didn’t need a baby seat sorry, I actually live in Ireland and I think here you need a car seat? But I am really not sure. I just think of the safety and would assume. Although we don’t have those cabs, just normal cars. I guess you couldn’t really put a car seat on a bus either so maybe it’s normal. Seems unsafe still doesn’t it? Just if there was a crash 💔

Yes you are probably right (poor guy) 🙈 Always with the Drama stories. I’ve actually unfollowed her since, sick of listening to her.
I didn’t know you didn’t need a baby seat sorry, I actually live in Ireland and I think here you need a car seat? But I am really not sure. I just think of the safety and would assume. Although we don’t have those cabs, just normal cars. I guess you couldn’t really put a car seat on a bus either so maybe it’s normal. Seems unsafe still doesn’t it? Just if there was a crash 💔
Me too I’m sick of seeing her I pop on if I read something on here 😂
I find it is a weird idea that you don’t need a car seat aswell. I hated having the baby on my lap he was wriggling and it felt pretty dangerous. I would have thought they had cabs that had car seats in and they used for family call outs. We don’t live in a big city so just drive anywhere ourselves

You don't need a car seat in a taxi in Ireland either.

Just stumbled across this thread I used to think she was great funny how tunes change when she's found bloke and had a baby. The fact she can't see how utterly privileged she is is an utter joke

Reactions: 7
She’s loving herself even more now as she’s just had her eyebrows done.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.