Ashley James #38 My family One I regret (Alf), One I love (Ada), one I'm indifferent about (TNB)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saving the screenshots here because I’m sure we’ll want to refer back to it at some point 😅
Looking at these posts, all I can see is defensiveness - and fear.
Fear of what, though? Difference from the norm? A child who is not a mirror-reflection of his parents? A deep-down conviction that a child who is differently abled is somehow ‘lesser’? A fear that you will never understand or reach him, or vice versa?
This is the time for humility, Ashley. You are receiving, by all accounts, thousands of comments re: Alf’s development, his agility or the lack thereof, and what I personally perceive as autistic traits (based on my own neurodivergence and observation of other neurodiverse children). Yes - Some of these people will be self-righteous, judgmental and even spiteful. Some of them will positively enjoy sticking the boot in and telling you where they perceive you to be wrong; they will relish worrying you, and feel that their way is the only way to see, act, think.
But not all.
We on these threads certainly give you a hard time. And, given quite a lot of your behaviours, I’m afraid that you’ve quite often asked for it. But on the whole, commenters here are not malicious - rather, they/we are frustrated. You have a lovely, beautiful little boy who has clear issues that you yourself have clearly and inadvertently chronicled. The frustration is borne out of your apparent intransigence and insistence that your instinct trumps decades of collective experience, be it from parents or professionals.
We’re not trolling you about Alf.
Little Alf has delayed milestones. Of course, children develop at their own rate. I was speaking full sentences at 9-10 months, reading by fifteen months or so. My intellectual development was so accelerated that my complete lack of social awareness (cues, behaviours, emulation and so on) went completely unnoticed. As I grew older, in a house that was full of misery, my mother’s and mine, with a father who trained me to obedience like a dog, these differences grew more pronounced. As I’ve bored on before, my life has been hellishly lonely and chaotic because I didn’t have any support. A high IQ is no substitute for being in the world and a part of it.
It doesn’t have to be like this for Alf. But it will be, once he reaches school age, without the proper support and education. I know that you don’t want to see him struggle and fail to succeed, or for him to be bullied, or bewildered by how difficult he finds navigating the world. Isolation is a terrible, terrifying feeling for a child. And it doesn’t mean that he is ‘wrong’ in some way, or made wrongly, imperfectly; that his differences are negative, that the way he views life is any less shining and extraordinary than the next person’s. That his awe and wonder, his joy and discoveries will be diminished in any way. He has a boundless capacity for discovery, and will bring great joy when he shares it. In 2024, the world is finally learning to appreciate differences, and instill good values in children from an early age. Thousands upon thousands of children who historically would’ve gone undiagnosed are now living happy, healthy, supported lives and have all the potential in the world. Alf may yet be a scientist, or a musician, or an explorer; but he just needs to *get* there. There’s nothing wrong with support, being supported, supporting others - to nurture his intellectual and physical needs. The act of supporting unleashes our full capacity for empathy, compassion and understanding. Please allow your instinct to be guided by your knowledge - for after all, humans are two complementary halves: feeling and thinking, emoting and understanding.
There is no shame in this, Ashley, none at all. Don’t let Alf struggle alone. Let him be proud of you for helping him.
A Happy New Year to everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She's hinted that she might have ADHD, but AFAIK, she hadn't had a formal diagnosis. She hasn't mentioned it for a while so who knows what's happened since.
The only formal diagnosis she needs is one for alf's development and another for her personality disorder (what are the messages about? Gobsmacked, she is...unwell.)

Reactions: 13
They’re just soooooo busy and important and work sooo hard, no time at all to plan meals or cook. Not like the rest of us plebs. If they aren’t doing weekly meals and living on All Plants, what are the kids eating? It’s not even clear whether they’re factored into this meal planning or if it’s just for Tommy and Ash?
B8984545-31EC-4B00-B6A0-7CB98BB89D58.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh, my dear ITDH, you’re far too nice to me…
I hope that you’ve resurfaced and that you are on more of an even keel. I’ve been keeping you in my thoughts and rooting for you. Xx
Kids go back to school tomorrow, not that I’m counting the minutes or anything 😆

CAN I COPE?! Nope.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
‘So financially we know what we’re paying’ ?! As opposed to what, guessing the amount and sending off a post-dated cheque to Ocado?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
That bloody nonsense about meal planning was just to grift for allplants- great advert- if you can’t be bothered to cook,try this.

As if she’s bothered about meal planning-literally never seen a post about her cooking anything. Coco pops for tea, anyone?

Reactions: 15
She will start a hello fresh or gousto to argue for variety, delivery etc. no shame. We use one a few times a week for work nights mostly!

then flog her code for her sheeple. This women does nothing without thinking of money - she is cunning as duck

I wonder is her and tommy have had an argument re money as its an odd thing to say about the joint account

i take it the house didnt sell 🤭

Trying to be relatable for a bloody Ad. She’s hilarious. That Allplants looks like worms in dirt sauce with raw carrots. No thanks

• Haha
what is she on about?! ‘What with juggling the kids’ - what juggling?! You drop them off at childcare before they open the doors and collect them at 6. You NEVER see them to juggle them! I just can’t understand how she can say her and Tommy work soooo hard and they have so much to juggle they can’t ever cook meals?! Why’s she so incapable?!

Reactions: 21
Absolutely, All plants must’ve ended and she’s after Hello Fresh. Even if they don’t pick her up, she’s say “so many of you suggested”, do it off her own back and the same as Skin and Me, if she gets enough referrals they can just get theirs for free.
Sickening

Reactions: 9
My nan has younger looking hands than her. Now I know why she’s never scrimped on fancy hand creams 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I hope she shares her 52 week meal plan. Chicken, brown rice and broccoli for TNB, Coco Pops and microwave bao buns for Trash and 42 pouches for the kids.

Where is Alf's dollhouse? Did he even get it for Christmas as I doubt they took it to the lakes and back.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
“Soooo many of you have asked about my meal planner pad, I’ll pop a link here for you!”

#Afflink

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She will 100% not even be able to pull it together to bash up a 15 min Gousto meal. It’ll fall to Tommy and she’ll be breastfeeding a 6 year old Ada to sleep upstairs as an excuse not to do it herself.

Reactions: 14
Why are they not eating with their children? It's to best way to get them to try new foods.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.