Ashley James #21 A walking contradiction in crushed velvet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually love the name Ada šŸ«£. It was on my list, but just too popular right now. I also love Ava, but itā€™s been mega popular for years. I think any little Adas are in for a lifetime of ā€œno ADA, with a D!ā€ Maybe itā€™s just my accent šŸ˜‚

Ashley, Alfie and Ada makes me cringe. The whole article made me cringe.

Reactions: 14
I actually love the name Ada šŸ«£. It was on my list, but just too popular right now. I also love Ava, but itā€™s been mega popular for years. I think any little Adas are in for a lifetime of ā€œno ADA, with a D!ā€ Maybe itā€™s just my accent šŸ˜‚

Ashley, Alfie and Ada makes me cringe. The whole article made me cringe.
I think it's a lovely name, it's out girls name if we have another girl haha. Our kids name is in the top 5 girls names, and I kind of regret it. Our eldest however, is a name that's usually shortened from something but is a normal name and isn't even in the top ,1000 boys names. It's great haha. Ada seems to be everywhere atm.
---
So she wasn't waiting for someone to meet the child she desperately wanted, but she was waiting for the bleeping magazine deal before announcing her name. She's a prick.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, it is a bit, frankly. All of it.
---
Can you elaborate at all?

How is ā€œall ofā€ what I said offensive? Even the bit where I acknowledge IG isnā€™t an appropriate way to diagnose and that we donā€™t have all the info?

Are the signs in Alf listed offensive to mention?

Genuinely curious as i have ASD family members and see some similarities with both Alf and Ash but would love to know how I might express myself in a way that isnā€™t inappropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
Yeah unless you're a professional who diagnoses people, adults or children, with autism, then nothing should be said. And even then, you can't do that over a forum thread. So it's basically just baseless judging and very bizarre. I couldn't imagine sitting here, wondering if someone has autism based on a small snapshot we see of their day. This thread is one thing, discussing what they post etc but whether or not they have autism shouldn't be up there :/

So it's basically just baseless judging and very bizarre. I couldn't imagine sitting here, wondering if someone has autism based on a small snapshot we see of their day.
I hear what youā€™re saying but where is the line? We can call her a narcissist, terrible mother, selfish, bad at her jobā€¦ but speculating about why her brain works the way it does is wrong?

Her spelling is bad but we canā€™t say maybe sheā€™s dyslexic? That often goes undiagnosed too. Is that offensive?

I donā€™t see ASD as an insult or in any way a bad thing, so personally donā€™t see the harm in asking questions - if you read my post it was NOT a diagnosis. It was an ā€œI wonder ifā€ statement - an attempt to understand her better - and if something is offensive Iā€™d like to know why.

Am not so interested in being policed for asking questions because we both agree Iā€™m not able to confirm she has ASD via IG anyway.

Everyone on the internet is diagnosing people with Narcissism - an actual insult - but ASD speculation (not an insult at all) is shut down.

Reactions: 14
Yeah unless you're a professional who diagnoses people, adults or children, with autism, then nothing should be said. And even then, you can't do that over a forum thread. So it's basically just baseless judging and very bizarre. I couldn't imagine sitting here, wondering if someone has autism based on a small snapshot we see of their day. This thread is one thing, discussing what they post etc but whether or not they have autism shouldn't be up there :/
Whilst I agree with what youā€™re saying, the problem is that with Ash it doesnā€™t feel like small snapshots are shared, sheā€™s over shares and weā€™ve seen a lot of Alf so I think that leaves topics like this open to interpretation. Iā€™ve never felt comfortable discussing it on here though.

Reactions: 8
Well,thatā€™s it-now sheā€™s posted the big reveal there will be no stopping her.
I actually like the name but absolutely hate ,hate,hate when people call their babies names with the same first initial-always find it a bit tacky ( apologies to any of you lovely tattlers who do this-probs just a me thing)
We did this and it's a bleeping nightmare. Call each child by the wrong name. I also have the same initial - trouble is, there were no other names we agreed on šŸ„²

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.