Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gifted a mattress so she can have a better sleep. That’s great but it’s not her current mattress that’s the issue, it’s the lack of any sort of sleep routine.

Reactions: 14
I just want to say a large number of new parents wonder if they made a mistake and it doesn’t mean they don’t love their own children more than life itself. Perhaps she is/was a bit selfish. Lots of people are. And nobody is ever truly prepared for the 24/7 nature of parenthood, especially when it happens in lockdown with very little physical support for so long. I think people who judge her should be mindful of that. It all happened very quickly and she’s not the first woman to feel overwhelmed when the reality doesn’t live up to the expectation.
however I think she should rethink what she’s saying about her son online, in only a few years he’ll be at school and able to understand. How does she know this stuff won’t haunt him? Especially if the “did I make a mistake” stuff gets picked up by the likes of the Mail Online and that article follows her around. Children don’t understand adult emotions like that and it could be damaging.
the breastfeeding and cosleeping is just normal to me though - it’s now the majority of the planet sleeps so I wish she’d stop acting like she’s discovered fire.

To add to my rant, I think she’s one of those celebs who wants to enter the mummy influencer space but she doesn’t read the room. Kate lawler is the same. There’s a fine line between being honest and having a moan, and being constantly negative and using social media as a personal diary. It also falls flat when they brag about their celeb perks - like the free Mauritius holiday coming up or the endless nights of having a night nanny (Kate L). I’m all for holidays and getting help but people can’t relate when you’re saying how miserable you are, but you’ve got a luxury holiday on the horizon and live in an expensive big house, full of free baby stuff.

Reactions: 12
I feel like she feels a bit bad for saying that now and is over doing it on how great she thinks Alf is and how cute he is? He is adorable and I would hope if I think so then his mother surely does too but it seems to be laid on thick tonight 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think the thing about Ashley is that yes I’m sure a lot of mothers do have those oh tit moments where they worry if they’re cut out for being a Mammy or if they’ve made the right call in several scenarios but she broadcasts that to thousands of strangers online. That shouldn’t be something you make so public, not from a shame aspect but to protect your child. There is a fine line between being open and honest about your journey and using Instagram validation and just posting the first thoughts that come into your head. As an adult she should have the cop on not to do that, not even in terms of Alf but when I was younger I’d post so many pics on my own account whereas now I know it’s better to keep some stuff to myself and be a bit more private. She’s exposed so much of herself and all of his life so far that she’s doing him a disservice as his mother, and I know that’s awful to say but she should be protecting him not using him in ads and talking about regretting having him.

Reactions: 8
Is she for real now? Her last stories there she’s saying women shouldn’t be shamed or silenced for speaking out about negative birth stories and positivity isn’t the response to traumatic births.

Ashley was the very woman posting that being positive is better for her and that she didn’t appreciate any of the negative birth stories or advice she got? She told those other women to be quiet? And shamed them for ‘scaring’ her on her stories? What’s different now?? She really doesn’t like it when the shoe is on the other foot does she? She chops and changes her opinion so much when it suits her, she must be a nightmare to live with.

Reactions: 15
Gifted a mattress so she can have a better sleep. That’s great but it’s not her current mattress that’s the issue, it’s the lack of any sort of sleep routine.
That and Alf’s bedroom is lit up like Blackpool illuminations! She is such an idiot, it’s painful to watch. I wish Tommy would strap on a pair and tell her to get some help.

Reactions: 2
If someone told her an awful birth story when she was pregnant she would have been moaning about it being unsolicited advice. She is insufferable really just changes the narrative to whatever suits her.

Reactions: 6
If someone told her an awful birth story when she was pregnant she would have been moaning about it being unsolicited advice. She is insufferable really just changes the narrative to whatever suits her.
She should get together with BethSandland.....she was exactly the same throughout her pregnancy and beyond and is every bit as insufferable with her entitlement and breastfeeding! ...and is about to take her precious NICU warrior 3 days in NICU to a free fortnight holiday to Cyprus this weekend

• Wow
She should get together with BethSandland.....she was exactly the same throughout her pregnancy and beyond and is every bit as insufferable with her entitlement and breastfeeding! ...and is about to take her precious NICU warrior 3 days in NICU to a free fortnight holiday to Cyprus this weekend
Omg glad someone else is thinking that! they are the main ones i follow on here as they are both insufferable. Plus they both have the fake posh voice which really grates on me!!

Also both got the free emma mattress as well!

Reactions: 2
I honestly couldn’t care less how people feed their babies, breast or bottle is great! But seriously why do these insta mums who breastfeed think they need to document every feed on video or a picture 🙄

You don’t see bottle feeding mums putting up pics and stories every time they feed their babies. I just don’t get it, it’s like as soon as they breastfeed they feel the need to get on their soapbox to educate and raise awareness about how great it is.

I'm probs just salty cause it didn’t work out for me haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why are all these influencers that clearly have money being constantly gifted free stuff from toys to prams to mattresses? I know the retailer gets an advertisement but it is just wrong. And it isn’t down to jealousy, not on my part anyway, because my daughter has everything she needs but I’ve bought it all myself excluding her cotbed that her Nanna bought for her 🙄
somebody messaged her a while ago bringing up her privilege and that maybe she should donate some gifted things to those who in need and she shut them down by basically saying she shouldn’t have to and shouldn’t be made to feel guilty for receiving them!
She fucks me off summat rotten 😑

He’s not doing anything with his face. It’s just an excuse to have her tit out.

What will she do when he stops breastfeeding?
That would have been a lovely photo for her son when he is older if she didn’t have her bosom out.

I honestly couldn’t care less how people feed their babies, breast or bottle is great! But seriously why do these insta mums who breastfeed think they need to document every feed on video or a picture 🙄

You don’t see bottle feeding mums putting up pics and stories every time they feed their babies. I just don’t get it, it’s like as soon as they breastfeed they feel the need to get on their soapbox to educate and raise awareness about how great it is.

I'm probs just salty cause it didn’t work out for me haha!
I get what you’re saying but for somebody who breastfeeds myself (I don’t document it on the gram), it is something I’m very proud of and feel accomplished in that. My own mother had 4 kids and I was the last and the only one she breastfed, she didn’t even try with my siblings and she has always regretted it so for me that’s an example and I feel it’s something mothers should always give a go if they can because even if you hate the thought of it you might actually end up loving it.
That’s just my opinion but i hate hate hate how she always has her boobs out; in no way is that advocating it for me.

I get what you’re saying but for somebody who breastfeeds myself (I don’t document it on the gram), it is something I’m very proud of and feel accomplished in that. My own mother had 4 kids and I was the last and the only one she breastfed, she didn’t even try with my siblings and she has always regretted it so for me that’s an example and I feel it’s something mothers should always give a go if they can because even if you hate the thought of it you might actually end up loving it.
That’s just my opinion but i hate hate hate how she always has her boobs out; in no way is that advocating it for me.
I completely understand that, my mum breastfed all 3 of us and for me it was the only way I wanted to feed my baby. Unfortunately I lost a lot of blood and had an awful experience in hospital giving birth in a pandemic and it didn’t work out for me. But I knew the benefits from my own research and the fact that it’s the only way of feeding that’s really spoken about when you’re pregnant.
What I’m saying is I don’t need an insta mum to tell me how amazing it is and list the benefits to try and increase the breastfeeding rates with her tit out at every opportunity.

You have every right to feel proud and accomplished ♥

I don’t have an issue with breastfeeding mothers, it’s people like Ashley who don’t shut up about it that drive me mad.

Reactions: 11
I completely understand that, my mum breastfed all 3 of us and for me it was the only way I wanted to feed my baby. Unfortunately I lost a lot of blood and had an awful experience in hospital giving birth in a pandemic and it didn’t work out for me. But I knew the benefits from my own research and the fact that it’s the only way of feeding that’s really spoken about when you’re pregnant.
What I’m saying is I don’t need an insta mum to tell me how amazing it is and list the benefits to try and increase the breastfeeding rates with her tit out at every opportunity.

You have every right to feel proud and accomplished ♥

I don’t have an issue with breastfeeding mothers, it’s people like Ashley who don’t shut up about it that drive me mad.
Definitely, everybody knows the benefits and we don’t need to drill it in. My biggest issue is just the non breastfeeding friendly dresses lol for anybody who is a normal person who chooses to bf, I can assure you they’re looking for quite the opposite of what she wears lol bf friendly is not getting a whole boob out 🙄
And I’m sorry it didn’t work out how you had hoped but a a happy healthy baby is all that’s important at the end of the day. X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She’s resentful towards Tommy as A is saying “dadda”. Wow. And asking A “ who carried you for 9 months?”!! He owes you nothing Ashley. He will love his parents equally but if you throw in his face what you have done for him or what you have given up for him, he will end up resenting YOU! Trust me I have a mother that continues to throw in my face what she has supposedly given up for me and it is draining! I didn’t ask to be born into this world and have never asked for any “favours” such as being breastfed!

Definitely, everybody knows the benefits and we don’t need to drill it in. My biggest issue is just the non breastfeeding friendly dresses lol for anybody who is a normal person who chooses to bf, I can assure you they’re looking for quite the opposite of what she wears lol bf friendly is not getting a whole boob out 🙄
And I’m sorry it didn’t work out how you had hoped but a a happy healthy baby is all that’s important at the end of the day. X
Haha I guess most dresses are breastfeeding friendly if, like Ashley you’re willing to whack the whole boob out 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

I’ve definitely come to terms with it now, my baby is 9 months and happy, healthy little boy. We’re well into weaning onto solids now which I’ve learnt is as big a minefield as the breast/formula debate. I wasn’t allowed to join a baby led weaning group on fb cause I dared to say my baby had tried a purée. Madness!!

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
So she’s decided to go to the NTA’s and leave her EXCLUSIVELY BREASTFED baby who doesn’t really take a bottle at home 🙄 sounds like a a good plan Ashley. 👍

• Haha
So she’s decided to go to the NTA’s and leave her EXCLUSIVELY BREASTFED baby who doesn’t really take a bottle at home 🙄 sounds like a a good plan Ashley. 👍
Just wait for her moaning when she gets home cos Alf is so distressed and won't sleep

Reactions: 3
Just wait for her moaning when she gets home cos Alf is so distressed and won't sleep
It’s just so stupid. She said herself, he’s just started taking it. And it’s not about the bottle. It’s about settling him.
When my eldest was about 10months old, he used to take a bottle during the day, but before sleep and during the night it was still boob. We decided one night to try and get my mum to try and put him to sleep, while me and my partner went out for dinner. Once we returned, my mum was distressed from all the crying, he wouldn’t take the bottle, and my son was still wide awake. She’s making a huge mistake going to the event.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.