Ashley aka BestDressed

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's this one:

I don't know, there's practicing your jokes and then there's this where it looked like she was close to tears because she couldn't get it right.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, this is torture, no wonder she doesn't do YouTube video's anymore. Is this what creating a YouTube video is like? I wish other creators would share this aspect to their process.

I am amazed, I definitely saw the points where she looked like she was going to cry but then it's like she had an internal chat with herself and was just determined to get the segment done to her standards and after that it just seemed she was OK to keep going till she got what she wanted.

Reactions: 1
Also, has anyone else noticed that she heavily plays on the foot fetish thing. Nearly ALL her videos she is bare foot and really obviously in shot. The video I mention about is called 'Building a shelf with my toes'. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against foot fetish, I quite like feet myself but this along with her constant sex references are just way too strange in my view.

Is it just me that thinks all this about her?
Yes, and she discussed at length Tarantinos known foot fetish when she reviewed once upon a time in Hollywood, so she was definitely aware of what she was doing. At the time she posted those, foot fetish content was very in on YouTube — I saw a lot of vlogger types use clickbait like, “I made how much selling photos of my feet?!”

Recently I popped in on Ashley’s IG and saw she got a ton of new expensive-looking furniture. I bet she is relieved she doesn’t have to publicly reconcile her splurge purchases with the “frugal immigrant” image she constructed for herself on her channel.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Yes, and she discussed at length Tarantinos known foot fetish when she reviewed once upon a time in Hollywood, so she was definitely aware of what she was doing. At the time she posted those, foot fetish content was very in on YouTube — I saw a lot of vlogger types use clickbait like, “I made how much selling photos of my feet?!”

Recently I popped in on Ashley’s IG and saw she got a ton of new expensive-looking furniture. I bet she is relieved she doesn’t have to publicly reconcile her splurge purchases with the “frugal immigrant” image she constructed for herself on her channel.
I think the foot fetish thing is still very much being used by youtubers to get views etc. An example I can recently think of is Eve Cornwell (a study YouTube/trainee lawyer for anyone that doesn't know). I remember her saying in one of her videos a couple of years ago that she hates showing her feet on camera. However, one of her latest videos she got her bare feet out all over it, close ups and everything. I think they know that showing feet will get them views so they use that to their advantage. I don't have a particular problem with that but they should at least acknowledge that's what they're doing!

• Sick
Reactions: 2
her new ig post gave me a jumpscare tbh that Halloween costume did absolutely nothing for her

DAMNIT she's wearing a FOX FUR COAT... WHY!!! So many influencers have worn this exact coat I hate them all so much T_T
All the girls in the comments saying how awesome she looks with a dead fox, such bad infuence.
"Trim: 100% dyed fox fur"

View attachment 856399View attachment 856401
Yeah that’s atrocious. She is advertising an unsustainable, cruel, $1777.28 American, tacky excuse for a coat. This is fucked up on so many levels, and only serves to affirm my beliefs that Ashley had no moral compass to begin with, and only raged against capitalism because she was on the bottom end of it at the time. Her amazon partnership was her most authentic version of herself, and she withdrew from her YouTube channel because she could no longer deign to appeal to the great unwashed.

Also just in general, this outfit is bad. The Gucci tights, Gucci bag, couch skirt, pepto bismol sweater, and skins of anally electrocuted foxes just *arent* doing it for me. If you’re going to offend peta, at least do it in style.

• Haha
DAMNIT she's wearing a FOX FUR COAT... WHY!!! So many influencers have worn this exact coat I hate them all so much T_T
All the girls in the comments saying how awesome she looks with a dead fox, such bad infuence.

This look is hideous, and I thought that before you mentioned it was ACTUAL fox fur?! That's sick! A fox had to die for THIS monstrosity?! What a waste!

Reactions: 2
I actually LOVE the coat, but I just knew it was very expensive and to be honest it’d look good in fake fur 🤷🏾‍♀️. Someone earlier in the thread asked how she was surviving financially. I think it’s pretty clear that she is thriving financially, drip drip drip.

Anyway, she clearly doesn’t care about her eco values anymore. Although I’m sure she’d say something like ‘my skirt is thrifted so that balances it out’

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeah that’s atrocious. She is advertising an unsustainable, cruel, $1777.28 American, tacky excuse for a coat. This is fucked up on so many levels, and only serves to affirm my beliefs that Ashley had no moral compass to begin with, and only raged against capitalism because she was on the bottom end of it at the time. Her amazon partnership was her most authentic version of herself, and she withdrew from her YouTube channel because she could no longer deign to appeal to the great unwashed.

Also just in general, this outfit is bad. The Gucci tights, Gucci bag, couch skirt, pepto bismol sweater, and skins of anally electrocuted foxes just *arent* doing it for me. If you’re going to offend peta, at least do it in style.
She really became the rich capitalist she liked to make fun of and look down on. SMH.

I actually LOVE the coat, but I just knew it was very expensive and to be honest it’d look good in fake fur 🤷🏾‍♀️. Someone earlier in the thread asked how she was surviving financially. I think it’s pretty clear that she is thriving financially, drip drip drip.

Anyway, she clearly doesn’t care about her eco values anymore. Although I’m sure she’d say something like ‘my skirt is thrifted so that balances it out’
When even people like Kim Kardashian are having their whole fur collections remade in faux fur, it’s just unnecessary at this point. And I haven’t seen the post but I’d say it’s very likely she got the coat for free in exchange for advertising, which is worse imo. Who knows how many people will buy that coat at full price because of her ad.

Cruella but, like, as the original unlikeable, actual villain character.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Also just came back to add:

A lot of fur that is sold as “fox” is really raccoon fur! I like to think of Ashley unknowingly wearing raccoon fur and the souls of the little trash pandas haunting her.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
she's now the literal opposite of the 'first generation child of immigrant parents from a small rural town' image she used to portray, who escaped to the big city to attend ucla and flourished and lived in all these cramped poverty conditions because she was so relatable you guys!
she doesnt give a duck about the image she used to portray which made her initially famous

Reactions: 7
she's now the literal opposite of the 'first generation child of immigrant parents from a small rural town' image she used to portray, who escaped to the big city to attend ucla and flourished and lived in all these cramped poverty conditions because she was so relatable you guys!
she doesnt give a duck about the image she used to portray which made her initially famous
She touts her parents as “immigrants” but she says she holds dual British citizenship via her father. Likely meaning her father isn’t an immigrant, he is an expat — a HUGE difference she chooses to gloss over.

She is such a poverty appropriator.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry I am absolutely blowing up this thread but I did a quick curiosity google search and found Ashley has been quietly doing work under her full name since her hbo gossip girl feature.

She touts her parents as “immigrants” but she says she holds dual British citizenship via her father. Likely meaning her father isn’t an immigrant, he is an expat — a HUGE difference she chooses to gloss over.

She is such a poverty appropriator.
Her father being British doesn't make him not an immigrant. If he has emigrated permanently from the UK, he is an immigrant. You're not an expat just because you come from a first world country.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Her father being British doesn't make him not an immigrant. If he has emigrated permanently from the UK, he is an immigrant. You're not an expat just because you come from a first world country.
Maybe so but you can’t deny that “expat” and “immigrant” carry very different connotations, especially in America. “Immigrant” undeniably paints a picture of a strugglers, roughing it, people in search of a better life, etc. Expats are rich professionals and yuppies. Which do you think she was trying to portray herself as? Which is she actually? Words matter when you’re branding yourself.

It’s not that he is British if you actually read my comment, it’s that she holds dual non-us citizenship via her father. If he emigrated, he would have had to renounce his former (British) citizenship, and likely wouldn’t have been able to pass it on to her whether British or any other country. Obviously there are other situational outliers, like if he was naturalized after her birth which is why I included “likely” in my original comment. Being british has nothing to do with it.

Last edited: