Are you a Karen?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had to come to this thread after there was a Karen segment on this morning today and how there’s a ‘Karen’s united’ group on facebook🤣

Reactions: 2
Gammon is normally a right wing/conservative white man whos anti liberal etc
I bandy the term gammon about all the time

There's a woman at work who humble brags all the time. Brags about kids, what degrees they're doing, her new kitchen, lets us know of compliments she's been given etc.
I was told bragging women are referres to as 'Lindsays' as this is what they call her (unbeknown to her).

My favourite name in the world is Karen. I just love it. Someone I admire a lot is called Karen but her family call her Cassie which I also love. Obviously can’t use that name now!

Reactions: 1
I am a Karen.(and I sometimes act a bit like one🤓)but I’m not offended.Its funny.I just don’t take it seriously at all.

• Haha
My favourite name in the world is Karen. I just love it. Someone I admire a lot is called Karen but her family call her Cassie which I also love. Obviously can’t use that name now!
Did she change her name because of Karen being used as a pejorative?

I work with a karen and it doesn't bother her because she's such a lovely kind person. Her reputation speaks for her not her name.

• Heart
Exactly, it’s the same with calling little girls bossy, there’s no equivalent for little boys.
This is very true. As a child I was always called bossy but my brother was called organized or assertive. The Girl Scouts organization brought about ‘Ban Bossy’ when describing little girls as it can be damaging to their development. My girls learned lots from this progmme.
The Karen trend is nothing but cruel to women who are actually called Karen and to anyone who wishes to be genuinely heard. It’s a flippant, bullying remark to put a woman down.

Reactions: 5
This is very true. As a child I was always called bossy but my brother was called organized or assertive. The Girl Scouts organization brought about ‘Ban Bossy’ when describing little girls as it can be damaging to their development. My girls learned lots from this progmme.
The Karen trend is nothing but cruel to women who are actually called Karen and to anyone who wishes to be genuinely heard. It’s a flippant, bullying remark to put a woman down.
Yes! I really hate that being a woman with an opinion is seen as something to be mocked.

And yeah I'm not saying that there aren't women who are horrible to customer service staff, for example (where the "Karen" trend came from) but guess what, men can be horrible too!

I've seen a few people use Karen as a negative (often when describing a woman with an opinion) and it really does make me think less of them.

Reactions: 5
A lady I work remotely has just had her hair cut like Gwyneth Paltrow in "Sliding Doors" (which looked amazing on Gwyneth and does on this lady too) ... but she's spent the past week being mocked mercilessly by people for having a "Karen haircut". I think that's mean.

Generally speaking, I think the term is ridiculous. It's shaming those who have the guts to speak up about things that aren't right. Actually, the whole generation-shaming is stupid as well. To say all generation * are this, that the other is ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
A lady I work remotely has just had her hair cut like Gwyneth Paltrow in "Sliding Doors" (which looked amazing on Gwyneth and does on this lady too) ... but she's spent the past week being mocked mercilessly by people for having a "Karen haircut". I think that's mean.

Generally speaking, I think the term is ridiculous. It's shaming those who have the guts to speak up about things that aren't right. Actually, the whole generation-shaming is stupid as well. To say all generation * are this, that the other is ridiculous.
That is so horrible. I feel for that poor woman.

In my customer service days I never encountered a horrible Karen. They were always called Susan.