Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I'm not, but one of my closest friends is. She absolutely hates it. I don't blame her. The way it's being used now is just disgusting.
For what it's worth she's the least stereotypical 'Karen' ever.
She used to work in retail herself and would never speak to anyone in the way that 'Karen' is currently being portrayed.

I also have a friend called Susan. Needless to say she is NOT a fan of Stacey Solomon.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Justhereforbants

How funny that the people complaining about the use of 'karen' on this thread are some of the same people talking about 'naughty' names and 'chavvy' names in the names i cant stand thread:unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Gembo

VIP Member
I know 2 Karen’s. Both the loveliest people you could meet. I absolutely hate the way the name is being used, I’m not normally one to jump on anything but I actually find it really offensive and feel sorry for anyone with the name. I think what may have started off as a joke has gone way too far now and I can’t believe there’s not been a backlash against it. I absolutely hate it, I hope it ends soon and I hope that this never happens again to anyone else’s name. Just my opinion!

Reactions: 20

karenjet

VIP Member
Clearly, I’m a Karen (by name only, I don’t feel like I fit the stereotype) I used to have a laugh about it, saw the funny side and didn’t take offence at all. But more and more I’m seeing it to describe people being racist, saying all lives matter etc. And that I really, really hate. I don’t want to be associated with people like that because of my name. It makes me feel ashamed to have that same name, even though I don’t share the same views.

I’d change my name if anybody in my life would use the new one!

Btw, I’ve never asked to speak to the manager in my entire life!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Justhereforbants

Of course, women are "sensitive" now - go back to your bridge you troll.
If you’re turning this into a gender issue (Which I presume you are) I’d like you to look into a lot deeper feminist issues such as FGM and child marriage instead of people using a name for a meme. Crying over a meme is the epitome of white feminism and doesn’t scream intersectional in my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 18

SoManyLiars

Another way to keep women meek and mild in my opinion. Funny how there isn't a male equivalent and I see plenty of those.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

karenjet

VIP Member
I think it is racist, because it’s derogatory, intended to incite hatred, and aimed at solely at white women.
My name is Karen and I don’t agree. I don’t feel like I’m going to be targeted to be at risk of physical harm, like has happening to people of colour.

And I can change my name any time I want. People can’t change their ethnicity.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Ladyinred

I have a friend called Karen, and her mental health has taken a hit because of it, she dreads letting people know her name is Karen. She is finding it very hard with her depression as people just say oh it’s just Karen being a Karen

• Sad
Reactions: 14

HowlOwl

VIP Member
If you’re turning this into a gender issue (Which I presume you are) I’d like you to look into a lot deeper feminist issues such as FGM and child marriage instead of people using a name for a meme. Crying over a meme is the epitome of white feminism and doesn’t scream intersectional in my opinion
Well, that’s everyone told, then.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I know a Karen and she’s a definite Karen!
I don’t think it’s any worse than how Sharons or Traceys were stereotyped - memes just get banded about more these days and it will soon get boring and something else will become the butt of a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Love how everyone is crying “poor Karen, she’s suffering due to her name now!” but you’d all happily slate someone called Chantelle or Mercedes and stereotype them!

Reactions: 11

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree
Oh shut up. You tedious snob. You had me until “white feminism” and “intersectional”.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Never in the World

It’s a nasty little ageist, sexist stereotype. Fwiw, I’m not white
I agree it used to be ok to get older, not anymore, I’m entering middle age despite exercising and eating in a balanced way my body is starting to let me down. When you start researching women’s health, menopause hrt etc you sharp learn what a shit show it all is , I’ve been explaining it all to my husband and how we can guarantee if men went through it, the treatment would be so much better. So with that in the forefront of my mind I look at the ‘Karen’ stuff and the lack of a male equivalent and it concerns me, I’m literally looking at my teenage daughters as I’m typing this and I worry about the world they’re entering into

• Heart
Reactions: 10

eyeballs

VIP Member
I know a Karen who I can only assume Karen the stereotype was named after. I look at her twitter feed sometimes, “all lives matter” complaining about the Hermes man and all that shit.
I only have this Karen to take from , but I’m sure other Karen’s are splendid.

• Haha
Reactions: 10