Are you a Karen?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone here called Karen? How do you feel about the way your name is being used lately? Anyone ever been accused of being a Karen? How do you feel about the term in general?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm not, but one of my closest friends is. She absolutely hates it. I don't blame her. The way it's being used now is just disgusting.
For what it's worth she's the least stereotypical 'Karen' ever.
She used to work in retail herself and would never speak to anyone in the way that 'Karen' is currently being portrayed.

I also have a friend called Susan. Needless to say she is NOT a fan of Stacey Solomon.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I know 2 Karen’s. Both the loveliest people you could meet. I absolutely hate the way the name is being used, I’m not normally one to jump on anything but I actually find it really offensive and feel sorry for anyone with the name. I think what may have started off as a joke has gone way too far now and I can’t believe there’s not been a backlash against it. I absolutely hate it, I hope it ends soon and I hope that this never happens again to anyone else’s name. Just my opinion!

Reactions: 20
I know 2 Karen’s. Both the loveliest people you could meet. I absolutely hate the way the name is being used, I’m not normally one to jump on anything but I actually find it really offensive and feel sorry for anyone with the name. I think what may have started off as a joke has gone way too far now and I can’t believe there’s not been a backlash against it. I absolutely hate it, I hope it ends soon and I hope that this never happens again to anyone else’s name. Just my opinion!
It is proper horrible that its someones name. I think it's a good thing that we have a term to describe these types of people and can have a laugh at their expense but I do feel bad for all the nice Karens out there! I know one Karen who IS a Karen but I also know another Karen who has been a waitress for 50 years and is most certainly not a Karen 😂😂

Reactions: 6
I know a Karen and she’s a definite Karen!
I don’t think it’s any worse than how Sharons or Traceys were stereotyped - memes just get banded about more these days and it will soon get boring and something else will become the butt of a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I'm amazed that "Karen's" Have trended!!

Up until a few months ago I had no idea what a Karen was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My sister is called Karen. But she won't even phone a restaurant to book herself so she definitely never ask to speak to the manager 😂 I do feel sorry for her having the name, haven't ever discussed how she feels about it

I know a Karen who I can only assume Karen the stereotype was named after. I look at her twitter feed sometimes, “all lives matter” complaining about the Hermes man and all that tit.
I only have this Karen to take from , but I’m sure other Karen’s are splendid.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Clearly, I’m a Karen (by name only, I don’t feel like I fit the stereotype) I used to have a laugh about it, saw the funny side and didn’t take offence at all. But more and more I’m seeing it to describe people being racist, saying all lives matter etc. And that I really, really hate. I don’t want to be associated with people like that because of my name. It makes me feel ashamed to have that same name, even though I don’t share the same views.

I’d change my name if anybody in my life would use the new one!

Btw, I’ve never asked to speak to the manager in my entire life!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why was Karen the chosen name? Did it actually come from somewhere?
I suspect it was chosen, because it stereotypes a working class, white, middle aged woman - who isn’t very bright.
My name isn’t Karen, but I am irritated by this latest trend. I find that it is often used by the very people - who complain about stereotypes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
my mums a Karen in regards to asking for the manager and requesting copies of their policies 🙄 So embarrassing when we go out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know a Karen and she’s a definite Karen!
I don’t think it’s any worse than how Sharons or Traceys were stereotyped - memes just get banded about more these days and it will soon get boring and something else will become the butt of a joke.
Yeah, a few years ago there seemed to be a ‘Susan’ who was an ignorant older lady

I do wonder why it’s always women as there are certain stereotypes of men out there but they don’t get a name?
I’ve only heard ‘Chad’ and that’s very niche

I know one Karen, she’s nice. Also have been jokingly called a Karen, I think because British people are more reserved about complaining? I am reluctant to complain too but I do so if necessary. I’m not rude though, have worked in retail before so I know what it’s like to be on the other end. I just politely explain the issue and I’ve never needed to ask for the manager

My mum is a Karen and she is nothing like a ‘Karen’ I don’t think she has any idea about the way it’s used though and I’m not telling her.

Reactions: 4
I’m not a Karen, but I don’t like it either, or the use of other names in a derogatory way. (I don’t like the term “gammon” either but that’s probably a whole other post, or how baby-boomers seems to be a derogatory term and applied (inaccurately) to anyone over 50.)

Reactions: 4
How funny that the people complaining about the use of 'karen' on this thread are some of the same people talking about 'naughty' names and 'chavvy' names in the names i cant stand thread:unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I have a friend called Karen, and her mental health has taken a hit because of it, she dreads letting people know her name is Karen. She is finding it very hard with her depression as people just say oh it’s just Karen being a Karen

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I have a friend called Karen, and her mental health has taken a hit because of it, she dreads letting people know her name is Karen. She is finding it very hard with her depression as people just say oh it’s just Karen being a Karen
I’ve totally thought that this would happen. I struggle with my mental health and have thought this would seriously effect it and my self esteem if it was my name being used. I’m really sorry for your friend. I wouldn’t say I’m hugely politically correct and I’m not easily offended when it comes to jokes etc but I really do think this whole Karen thing is terrible. And I’ve been baffled by it that we live in a time that you can’t offend anyone but for some reason this is ok? Really surprises me. I am sorry for your friend x

• Heart
Reactions: 6