Are you a Karen?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
also for what its worth, a Karen being offended by a Karen joke is the most Karen thing I have ever heard

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
There was a 'Wendy' on Mumsnet. If you'd been Wendied, it was when a friend had kind of wormed their way in to your friendship group, ousting you while doing it. Bit playground really but it's a definite personality trait amongst a certain type of person.

Reactions: 2
I’ve totally thought that this would happen. I struggle with my mental health and have thought this would seriously effect it and my self esteem if it was my name being used. I’m really sorry for your friend. I wouldn’t say I’m hugely politically correct and I’m not easily offended when it comes to jokes etc but I really do think this whole Karen thing is terrible. And I’ve been baffled by it that we live in a time that you can’t offend anyone but for some reason this is ok? Really surprises me. I am sorry for your friend x
Even if something is unjustified sheS so scared to speak up, it’s really hurting her, even more so with everything that is happening.

she is such a sweet person that would drop everything for her friends and family, is always polite to people. I wish this meme would just go away

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Karen is like a middle aged white lady that's rude to customer service people /tells everyone what to do/is a pushy mum. Karen's like to ask to speak to the manager etc
I knew a Karen when I was at school and she was a mean and nasty piece of work so this definition is quite apt esp as she would be middle aged now!

Another way to keep women meek and mild in my opinion. Funny how there isn't a male equivalent and I see plenty of those.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Clearly, I’m a Karen (by name only, I don’t feel like I fit the stereotype) I used to have a laugh about it, saw the funny side and didn’t take offence at all. But more and more I’m seeing it to describe people being racist, saying all lives matter etc. And that I really, really hate. I don’t want to be associated with people like that because of my name. It makes me feel ashamed to have that same name, even though I don’t share the same views.

I’d change my name if anybody in my life would use the new one!

Btw,
That’s it!
Yes, I'll rephrase - someone called karen being offended by a karen joke is the most karen thing i have ever heard
As someone named Karen I can’t disagree because then that’s a “Karen” thing 😂😂

The worst thing is nobody in any of these viral “Karen” stories is actually named Karen!

Another way to keep women meek and mild in my opinion. Funny how there isn't a male equivalent and I see plenty of those.
I think this is a reach tbh, bossy is an awful word. but theres a difference between being confident/addressing an issue and being rude and a 'karen' i think people are being very sensitive for no reason

Reactions: 5
I have a friend called Karen, and her mental health has taken a hit because of it, she dreads letting people know her name is Karen. She is finding it very hard with her depression as people just say oh it’s just Karen being a Karen
I suppose she could try and go the other way and be a proper Karen. Might be liberating to be a total fucker.

I know a lot of Karens. It was obviously a very popular name when I was born in 1971. There were four people in my infant classes with the same name as me (Julie) and lots of Joannes and Judiths. For boys it was Pauls and Darrens. By the time I got to senior school, there were five Karens in my actual tutor group.

This is maybe why the name has become a thing. Just because the age of a standard Karen would be around late 40s and sometimes by the time you get to that age, you have just had enough of tit in general and start complaining.

It's similar to the Grumpy Old Men/Women show that used to be on BBC2. We get to a certain age and never stop twining!

Reactions: 3
My mum is called Karen and this doesn’t sound like her although she’s not perfect 😂

Is a Karen same as a Susan?

It is crazy how much this "Karen" thing has taken off... I remember it being said a few years ago but it has really gained traction now.
I feel bad for those named Karen and I actually find the "joke" offensive. Also, I have seen some black people use it to describe white women in what could be considered a derogatory way.

Reactions: 7
I think this is a reach tbh, bossy is an awful word. but theres a difference between being confident/addressing an issue and being rude and a 'karen' i think people are being very sensitive for no reason
Of course, women are "sensitive" now - go back to your bridge you troll.

Reactions: 4