Are you a Karen?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course, women are "sensitive" now - go back to your bridge you troll.
If you’re turning this into a gender issue (Which I presume you are) I’d like you to look into a lot deeper feminist issues such as FGM and child marriage instead of people using a name for a meme. Crying over a meme is the epitome of white feminism and doesn’t scream intersectional in my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If you’re turning this into a gender issue (Which I presume you are) I’d like you to look into a lot deeper feminist issues such as FGM and child marriage instead of people using a name for a meme. Crying over a meme is the epitome of white feminism and doesn’t scream intersectional in my opinion
Well, that’s everyone told, then.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I made a complaint about a checkout operator at aldi she was extremely rude and ended up hurting me by thrashing my shopping at me! I got into the taxi with my son and he said "mum why did you have to act like a Karen" I looked at him very confused and he showed me this, I was not impressed.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
Oh shut up. You tedious snob. You had me until “white feminism” and “intersectional”.

I have a friend called Karen, and her mental health has taken a hit because of it, she dreads letting people know her name is Karen. She is finding it very hard with her depression as people just say oh it’s just Karen being a Karen
I feel the same way as your friend. But I also don’t want to complain about it, as Karens are complainers 😳

I’ve also seen posts comparing it to racism which is ridiculous, in my opinion. Being made fun of for being called Karen is in no way comparable to the prejudice people of colour face.

To give an example of how shameful I feel about it lately. I signed up for a podcast I loves Patreon. And one of the bonuses is a shout-out on the show. I’ve not listened to that part since I signed up as I really don’t want to hear my name.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I feel the same way as your friend. But I also don’t want to complain about it, as Karens are complainers 😳

I’ve also seen posts comparing it to racism which is ridiculous, in my opinion. Being made fun of for being called Karen is in no way comparable to the prejudice people of colour face.

To give an example of how shameful I feel about it lately. I signed up for a podcast I loves Patreon. And one of the bonuses is a shout-out on the show. I’ve not listened to that part since I signed up as I really don’t want to hear my name.
I think it is racist, because it’s derogatory, intended to incite hatred, and aimed at solely at white women.

Reactions: 8
I think it is racist, because it’s derogatory, intended to incite hatred, and aimed at solely at white women.
My name is Karen and I don’t agree. I don’t feel like I’m going to be targeted to be at risk of physical harm, like has happening to people of colour.

And I can change my name any time I want. People can’t change their ethnicity.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know two Karen’s and their both lovely. I do know a Susan though who likes to moan a lot 😬

Also, regarding it being a racist-type thing. I don’t feel like it incites hatred. I don’t feel like people are going to hate me because my name is Karen. Just that they’re going to take the piss out of me for it.

Maybe some are using it as a hate term, but I’ve not seen that.

Reactions: 7
I’m Karen too I’ve been aware of the “Karen” thing about 6 months I’m an introvert so I hate the idea of having something about myself that draws attention but 6 months on no one has asked me about it, so I’m able to keep it in context

Reactions: 3
Not a Karen, but I know a few people named Karen who are lovely people. It’s nothing but another stupid stereotype.

Reactions: 8
It’s a nasty little ageist, sexist stereotype. Fwiw, I’m not white
I agree it used to be ok to get older, not anymore, I’m entering middle age despite exercising and eating in a balanced way my body is starting to let me down. When you start researching women’s health, menopause hrt etc you sharp learn what a tit show it all is , I’ve been explaining it all to my husband and how we can guarantee if men went through it, the treatment would be so much better. So with that in the forefront of my mind I look at the ‘Karen’ stuff and the lack of a male equivalent and it concerns me, I’m literally looking at my teenage daughters as I’m typing this and I worry about the world they’re entering into

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I absolutely hate this and I am so thankful that my name is not likely to be known by US people (pretty much where all these dumb memes come from)

To people who think that it's overly sensitive to be offended, well there is no equivalent for men that I'm aware of. And believe me, those argumentative "can I speak to the manager" types do exist in the male of the species. Karen is just ageist and sexist

I don't like the term Karen like I don't like the terms "gammon", "snowflake" etc. If I ever use them in an argument (which I really try to avoid doing) it's because I've lost my rag and I'm not making intelligent points anymore - they really are just playground insults based on stereotypes. I think it's a reach to say they're based solely on gender when right-wing middle aged white men get "gammon" frequently, but maybe that's my internal misogyny speaking, I don't know.

I don't like the term Karen like I don't like the terms "gammon", "snowflake" etc. If I ever use them in an argument (which I really try to avoid doing) it's because I've lost my rag and I'm not making intelligent points anymore - they really are just playground insults based on stereotypes. I think it's a reach to say they're based solely on gender when right-wing middle aged white men get "gammon" frequently, but maybe that's my internal misogyny speaking, I don't know.
What does Gammon mean? Never heard anyone called that before.