Are you a crier?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, to be honest, sometimes I feel it’s attention seeking. ‘Look at me, I’m just so kind and soft-hearted’ or the ones who cry at work.....just get on with it!!! As I say, if someone has been given bad news, then of course, I’m sympathetic, but crying over trivia, I don’t want to be around it.

Yes I cry, but there is usually a good reason for it. Today I returned to the care home I have been working in for a few months. There has been a serious outbreak of Covid in the home, we have lost a significant number of residents to Covid-19.
I found out that another resident had died this morning, she was not in the best of health, but I felt sad about it. In the afternoon, the entire staff formed a guard of honour, whislt the resident was taken away. A song from a famous musucal was played, as she left the building. It was all very emotional, I began to cry. It is something I don't think I will ever forget.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
To those above who feel uncomfortable around it. Can you explain the uncomfortable?

Is it that you feel weirded-out or don’t think you know how to comfort or what to say to them?

Selfish, I know, but unless the crying is over something serious, I kind of feel slightly relieved when others start crying over trivial issues, like there’s more of my kind out there.
I just find it really awkward. I never know what to say or do

Reactions: 1
I'm definitely a crier. In an argument, I'll cry out of frustration. I'll cry at a sad scene on TV, anything sad that involves an animal. Watching hercules is my most recent cry 🤣 If I'm feeling down, a good cry definitely makes me feel better.

Reactions: 2
“Are you okay? You look like you’re about to cry” - I’ve never been able to keep it together after being asked that.

The next one is if I’m sharing my concern about something with someone (usually my mum) and they’re not comprehending, or not getting the points of the story as quickly as I’d like them to, I’ll start crying out of frustration.

Me, “There’s a bird hobbling on the ground under the bird feeder and it looks like it’s wing is broken”.

Mum, “There’s a bird hobbling on the ground under the bird feeder and it looks like it’s wing is broken?”

Me, “Yes mum, there’s a bird hobbling on the ground under the bird feeder and it looks like it’s wing is broken”. *😭*

I used to be a crier growing up and was mercilessly mocked for it by my family. These days I don't cry much, it's very few and far between and usually only when I get angry at something lol.

I don’t mind other people crying, we’re all individuals and what might not upset one person, will likely upset someone else. We all feel differently, some more deeply than others.

Having said that, I can’t abide people who cry and whinge for attention and it’s so obvious.

Reactions: 3
I don’t mind other people crying, we’re all individuals and what might not upset one person, will likely upset someone else. We all feel differently, some more deeply than others.

Having said that, I can’t abide people who cry and whinge for attention and it’s so obvious.
Many equate crying to manipulation, don’t they?

It’s a tactic learnt from a young age ie a toddler who notices a toy in the shop and cries until parent gives in and buys them the toy.

Many equate crying to manipulation, don’t they?

It’s a tactic learnt from a young age ie a toddler who notices a toy in the shop and cries until parent gives in and buys them the toy.
Yes, it can definitely be used as a manipulation tool and it bugs the tit out of me. People like that need to grow up. I know a few. 😂

Crying is like opening a tube of Pringles for me - once I start, I can't stop!

I used to cry all the time in the loo/my car about work because I would get so frustrated over things that the sheer rage would make me cry. I'm a lot less of a perfectionist now and don't let work dominate my life, so I don't care enough about it these days to cry over it. 🤭

Some ads get me going though, like the recent Sainsbury Christmas ads. 🥲🥲🥲

No to be quite honest. As a child growing up I was in a family where we were not allowed to show emotion because if you were upset the adults in the family had that mindset “why are you crying, my life was and is SOOO much harder than yours” A lot of people in my mothers family have a hard time processing emotions because all of the older family members had to make it about them whenever their child was upset, so it’s a trait that clearly carried from generation to generation.

As my mother, her sisters and my grandmother, and even some of my cousins are like that. So there was no even point of being upset as a child because you were just gonna be told “OH WELL MY LIFE IS SO MUCH HARDER, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO BE SAD FOR!?”

So now, I don’t really cry. People have even said I’m a pure sociopath 🤣 because the saddest things will happen and I will be there with a blank face not a tear in my eye.

But I also have a very hard time processing emotions. So when I do start to cry, it accumulates to me having a breakdown and becoming suicidal because I hold so much in that everything comes out at once.

So parents. Don’t make everything about yourself and listen to your kids. Or they’ll end up like me. Crazy and Sociopathic albeit sexy and tall but still crazy! 🤣

• Sad
Even as a child, I would sometimes count up the consecutive days that I didn’t cry. I think around four days of non-crying was my personal best.
I do this! Broke an 8 day streak yesterday because I was on a video chat with my friend and she was crying about something. Other people crying totally gets me.

Luckily, I don't cry at work very often, but most things get me going. If I'm happy, angry, sad, frustrated, certain music, films, cute animals... 😂

I had a pretty tough childhood living in Bloemfontein, South Africa in the 90s. It was only a few years after the end of Apartheid and the release from prison of Nelson Mandela. White kids, myself and my sister included, became targets of abuse and bullying from other kids at my school and neigbourhood. And as a consequence I would often go home crying my eyes out!

But I think that toughened me over the years, and since coming to England I don't cry quite so much over things. I will get quite emotional at times, or sometimes resort to anger via frustration. But the only times I cry now is during the cold dark winter months (I suffer from SAD), and the depression that lingers during that time, especially these last few months during lockdown and being away from my g/f.

Apart from that, I am fairly resilient to a good old blub, even though inwardly I am emotionally upset. (Having said that I also cry when I see animal cruelty, or pets of friends having to be put to sleep:cry: )
I'm from South Africa and can relate growing up in the 90s too. X

I'm a crier. I cry over films, arguments, seeing cruelty to animals, more films, TV programmes, the love I have for my daughters, I cry holding their hands at night before I go to bed because I just love them (not every night lol), cry over the thought of losing my mum. Pretty much everything. I find it cathartic and helps me relase my emotions. Although as I've become older, my eyes swell up and they give me a headache the next day. Definitely a crier.

Last edited:
I cry easily when I'm upset or angry. Its a big disadvantage when I need to fight my corner on something. Instead of staying cool, in command and able to argue my case, I start crying and have to back off and leave the situation. I wish I didn't get upset.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm definitely a crier. It's one of the things I really dislike about myself actually as I do think I cry and get upset too easily. I'll cry if I'm sad, if I'm happy, if I'm anxious, or if I'm angry. I'll always remember growing up one of my older cousins told me I "needed to snap out of it and grow a thicker skin". I do think she was right, but of course at the time when she said it all I did was cry 😂.

• Heart
I hate crying in front of others so I try really hard not to. At work if I am upset I go to the bathroom and cry.

I feel like since I had kids I get a lot more emotional over nothing. Like watching something sad on TV or just thinking of something sad. The other day I was telling my husband about how Joe Biden's first wife and daughter died in a car accident and his 2 young sons had to be in the hospital. And how hard that must have been and started to cry. I can look at my dog and it makes me cry when he looks back with those puppy eyes :ROFLMAO:

I’m a crier.

Sun in my eyes? Crying
Sneeze? Crying
Laugh a little bit? Crying
Any kind of confrontation? Crying
Happy, sad or angry? Crying
Yawn? Crying

It’s actually very embarrassing, especially when people point it out.

• Sad
I didn't used to be a crier, but in the past couple of years I've started happy crying a lot. Never about real life stuff, but seeing other people trying their best just sets me off! Today it was a video of a gymnast doing a cool routine - absolutely ridiculous.