Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Yes I cry, but there is usually a good reason for it. Today I returned to the care home I have been working in for a few months. There has been a serious outbreak of Covid in the home, we have lost a significant number of residents to Covid-19.
I found out that another resident had died this morning, she was not in the best of health, but I felt sad about it. In the afternoon, the entire staff formed a guard of honour, whislt the resident was taken away. A song from a famous musucal was played, as she left the building. It was all very emotional, I began to cry. It is something I don't think I will ever forget.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

fookinhellm8_

Trigger warning, family domestic abuse:
I’ve always been told I’m way too “sentimental” or even “emotional” at my age and would “cry” over anything but where I’m standing, I’m very rarely crying because I’m holding it in and don’t want be seen as a “problem” or a “disturbance”. I was raised in a home, that if I ever cried, my father would immediately become mentally abusive towards me. “Why are you crying now?!”, “you worthless attention seeking cow! Stop whinging!” Or the usual “you’re too old to be crying over this or that, grow up!” By his sisters (my aunts) whenever they used to visit. My childhood was not normal. My father was extremely abusive towards my siblings and mother, they got the physical brunt of it too, I wasn’t physically harmed because all he wanted was a “girl” and when he said that to me, I’ve had hidden guilt since. “Why did he hurt the people I love and not me?” I know I shouldn’t be thinking this way but it’s something I can’t control. My mental health is excruciatingly poor and it’s getting worse but I keep it in because it’s that petrifying feeling that I’ve always had about opening up and then someone (other than my father; doesn’t matter who) would be very judgemental towards me. I’m used to not opening up about it. Hence, whenever I cry, it’s over the weirdest of things now. Being a crier, in my opinion, isn’t a sign of weakness, it’s actually a sign of being emotionally strong, that you’re not bottling it up and you’re actually brave for crying and most importantly, opening up as to why you’re crying. Everyone is different though, so this is just my opinion. I’m sorry if my post offends, don’t really have anyone to open up to about my mental health at this moment but this is my experience on crying and trying get emotions out and why I bottle all the crying up. I do intend to hurt or upset any fellow tattlers with post❤

• Heart
  • Sad

grumpycat

VIP Member
Yep I’m a crier. I cry at everything and anything. My husband cries at nothing (except anything to do with our son?!)

confrontation is the biggest trigger for me. I hate it and I used to be so embarrassed but now I just see it to be the fact I’ve got feelings and emotions and I’d rather be in tune and feel them than feel nothing

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I met some South African’s who moved here and the stories they’ve told me since the handover are very scary. I’ve no doubt that you are a resilient person.

I recently took a stray cat to the vet to then be put to sleep, won’t go into detail but euthanasia was the kindest option at this stage. I remember the veterinary assistant giving me tissues upon tissues as I couldn’t stop crying as I stayed with her until the end.

But I think the above is a valid reason to get teary. Crying because the taxi app map showed the taxi at the wrong end of town and had me running down one street then back up another to actually catch it, not so much.
It was quite horrific to be honest, with people being kidnapped, tortured, raped, and then killed (usually by having a car tyre dropped round their necks, and then coated in petrol and set alight!) I saw that twice during my childhood years, and still live with me in my nightmares today!

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Fofoca

Chatty Member
I’m a crier. Cry everyday for all sorts of reasons. Happy, sad, angry, frustrated, hungry, bored.

If I had to list an honest hobby or skill I’d go for crying! I can make myself cry at will too because it’s so close to the surface - handy in certain situations. When I was younger I’d cry so much I’d black out, luckily that doesn’t happen anymore.

• Wow
  • Sad

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I'm the opposite I rarely cry. I do feel upset and I get the feeling in my heart that comes with crying, but not the crying bit. Or I just get the stinging in my eyes but the tears don't properly come. Sometimes I've lost my temper when crying would be more appropriate .
Maybe I've suppressed my crying ability.

LittleMy

VIP Member
I get emotional quite easily but I’m very private when it comes to actually crying. My husband has only seen me cry a couple of times. I’ll hold it in until I’m on my own, and then I’ll cry my little heart out.

I remember being told “stop crying” a lot as a child, because I was very sensitive and shy, so I think that’s why. I feel at my most vulnerable when I cry in front of someone else. I don’t mind other people’s tears though, and I’m usually very supportive and ready to comfort them if I can (helps a lot in work when our residents get upset). I’d never tell anyone to stop crying, I think it makes you feel better to have a good cry.

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Oh god yes. I cry when I'm sad, embarrassed, happy, angry etc. I hate the fact I cry when I'm angry because it just makes me look like I'm upset as opposed to pissed off.

• Heart

princesssparklepants

I rarely cry - I sometimes wish I cried more. I frequently get the feeling like I want to or I should to get the release but no tears actually follow.

The last time I cried was at the doctors around June 2019 when my back was on absolute fire (not literally obviously but I was in so SO much pain and I'm a carer for my mum so not being able to move at the end of the day without being in agony when I have to move her is awful and also dangerous because it took my strength with the pain. He essentially said 'nothing I can do about it. You won't change your lifestyle so it won't change anything' like I could stop being a carer just like that.

I literally broke down in tears and he reluctantly gave me a months (only a months - he never did anymore) worth of painkillers and said he'd refer me to physio which he did.... with the wrong body part to focus on - and physio wouldn't do the part that needed help because he hadn't put that bit on the referral so I just stopped both and didn't go to the doctors again about it or anything else as it was pointless. (he also has a history of ranting and raving at you that 'people just want tablets! they won't do anything to help themselves! They just come to me for medicine!' so it was pointless)

(Thankfully this past year they've gotten a locum in for Fridays and in October 2020 I got an appointment to see him and he gave me a suggested diagnosis of 3 layers of strained muscles both side of my spine and potentially 2 slipped disks, gave me 3 lots of painkillers that he put on repeat) and refered me for an MRI just like that - though obv it's delayed cos of Covid but the painkillers helping so much!) the relief that someone was listening was instant!

Other than that time... I genuinley can't remember the last time I cried. It must have been years.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I am a crier. The worst is crying during arguments because you start blubbering and the person just looks at you like 👁👄👁 and you’re crying too much to get your point across 😭 and then when you’ve calmed down later you think of everything you could have said...

• Sad
Reactions: 4

totallytaz

Chatty Member
Off the back of the “What’s pissed you off today?” thread, and my own upset over something very very small...

I’m definitely a crier and I’m easily triggered during arguments with my partner (especially if in front of someone else), sad songs or through frustration.

When it comes to arguments, I’m by no means pulling my hair out and jumping up and down. I don’t raise my voice either, but it seems that I appear indifferent to the dilemma at first, this frustrates my partner who I think the aim is to drive my wrongness home, then next I’m a sniffling wreck that needs some fresh air.

I remember holding my tears in during a language lesson with my tutor because I just wasn’t understanding the prepositional grammar one evening.

Even as a child, I would sometimes count up the consecutive days that I didn’t cry. I think around four days of non-crying was my personal best.

Also my teacher saying to me “now you’re not going to cry now?” when there wasn’t a chair for me in the canteen. I remember feeling really proud that time that I didn’t cry.

I wanna ask if there are any criers on this board?

Meangirl815

VIP Member
Nope. Not a crier at all. It's actually becoming a problem.

I have spells where all i need is a damn good cry to feel better get it out my system etc and i just can't do it.

I would guess at i cry about 3 times a year.

Anger on the other hand.... Yup that shows itself no problem 🙄🙄

emm

VIP Member
This is such an interesting thread! I think I have always been a crier, but privately, probably until I was mid 20s and more secure in myself no one outside my family would have seen me cry (apart from when I was a very young child) but now I don't care and have probably cried in front of all of my friends.
In the last few years I have also started crying at happy/nostalgic things, something I never understood when my mum (who is very much a crier) does when I was younger, it is especially bad when I have PMS and have to avoid reading/watching certain things on the tube etc to make sure I don't start crying on the way to work!

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I am a crier!I cry when I’m angry, annoyed, sad... I cry when someone is nice o me, I cry when people are mean. my line manager is proud when we get through a whole performance chat without tears 🙄 I hate it

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I had a pretty tough childhood living in Bloemfontein, South Africa in the 90s. It was only a few years after the end of Apartheid and the release from prison of Nelson Mandela. White kids, myself and my sister included, became targets of abuse and bullying from other kids at my school and neigbourhood. And as a consequence I would often go home crying my eyes out!

But I think that toughened me over the years, and since coming to England I don't cry quite so much over things. I will get quite emotional at times, or sometimes resort to anger via frustration. But the only times I cry now is during the cold dark winter months (I suffer from SAD), and the depression that lingers during that time, especially these last few months during lockdown and being away from my g/f.

Apart from that, I am fairly resilient to a good old blub, even though inwardly I am emotionally upset. (Having said that I also cry when I see animal cruelty, or pets of friends having to be put to sleep:cry: )

Gembo

VIP Member
I’m a crier. I can cry at anything. Like the OP I remember my eyes welling up in school when I didn’t understand anything. The worst is if I feel awkward at something social I can feel my eyes welling up. I hate it. It really doesn’t take much to set me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Emlo

I’m a crier. I never quite lived down sobbing through Shrek when we watched it as a fun end of year 6 treat. It was the bit when donkey’s all sad and Hallelujah is playing in the background 😭 (I’m a freak)

As an adult it really annoys me that if I’m angry or embarrassed or frustrated my first inclination is to cry. I try really hard not to, especially at work but sometimes I have to take myself to the bathroom to pull myself together. Even though I’ve had some seriously shit and devastating stuff happen to me now I’ll still cry at the little things too.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’m a crier. Cry everyday for all sorts of reasons. Happy, sad, angry, frustrated, hungry, bored.

If I had to list an honest hobby or skill I’d go for crying! I can make myself cry at will too because it’s so close to the surface - handy in certain situations. When I was younger I’d cry so much I’d black out, luckily that doesn’t happen anymore.
Did you have breath holding spells as a child? My youngest has those, though much less frequently now, he’s done it since he was a baby and is definitely a crier. He would cry so hard then hold his breath sometimes to the point where he’d turn blue and pass out. It’s scary.

• Heart
I cry easily when I'm upset or angry. Its a big disadvantage when I need to fight my corner on something. Instead of staying cool, in command and able to argue my case, I start crying and have to back off and leave the situation. I wish I didn't get upset.

• Heart