Are you a crier?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off the back of the “What’s pissed you off today?” thread, and my own upset over something very very small...

I’m definitely a crier and I’m easily triggered during arguments with my partner (especially if in front of someone else), sad songs or through frustration.

When it comes to arguments, I’m by no means pulling my hair out and jumping up and down. I don’t raise my voice either, but it seems that I appear indifferent to the dilemma at first, this frustrates my partner who I think the aim is to drive my wrongness home, then next I’m a sniffling wreck that needs some fresh air.

I remember holding my tears in during a language lesson with my tutor because I just wasn’t understanding the prepositional grammar one evening.

Even as a child, I would sometimes count up the consecutive days that I didn’t cry. I think around four days of non-crying was my personal best.

Also my teacher saying to me “now you’re not going to cry now?” when there wasn’t a chair for me in the canteen. I remember feeling really proud that time that I didn’t cry.

I wanna ask if there are any criers on this board?

Reactions: 4
I had a pretty tough childhood living in Bloemfontein, South Africa in the 90s. It was only a few years after the end of Apartheid and the release from prison of Nelson Mandela. White kids, myself and my sister included, became targets of abuse and bullying from other kids at my school and neigbourhood. And as a consequence I would often go home crying my eyes out!

But I think that toughened me over the years, and since coming to England I don't cry quite so much over things. I will get quite emotional at times, or sometimes resort to anger via frustration. But the only times I cry now is during the cold dark winter months (I suffer from SAD), and the depression that lingers during that time, especially these last few months during lockdown and being away from my g/f.

Apart from that, I am fairly resilient to a good old blub, even though inwardly I am emotionally upset. (Having said that I also cry when I see animal cruelty, or pets of friends having to be put to sleep:cry: )

I had a pretty tough childhood living in Bloemfontein, South Africa in the 90s. It was only a few years after the end of Apartheid and the release from prison of Nelson Mandela. White kids, myself and my sister included, became targets of abuse and bullying from other kids at my school and neigbourhood. And as a consequence I would often go home crying my eyes out!

But I think that toughened me over the years, and since coming to England I don't cry quite so much over things. I will get quite emotional at times, or sometimes resort to anger via frustration. But the only times I cry now is during the cold dark winter months (I suffer from SAD), and the depression that lingers during that time, especially these last few months during lockdown and being away from my g/f.

Apart from that, I am fairly resilient to a good old blub, even though inwardly I am emotionally upset. (Having said that I also cry when I see animal cruelty, or pets of friends having to be put to sleep:cry: )
I met some South African’s who moved here and the stories they’ve told me since the handover are very scary. I’ve no doubt that you are a resilient person.

I recently took a stray cat to the vet to then be put to sleep, won’t go into detail but euthanasia was the kindest option at this stage. I remember the veterinary assistant giving me tissues upon tissues as I couldn’t stop crying as I stayed with her until the end.

But I think the above is a valid reason to get teary. Crying because the taxi app map showed the taxi at the wrong end of town and had me running down one street then back up another to actually catch it, not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I don’t necessarily cry but I well up at absolutely anything, it’s just my tear ducts reflex. Doesn’t matter if I’m happy or sad or if someone else is telling a story, it just happens and I’ll start instantly.

It makes me look incredibly weak at work (not so much now; homeworking etc) but I literally can’t do anything about it. I’ve had “hay fever” all year round for years or I blame it on being very angry.

Reactions: 1
I don’t necessarily cry but I well up at absolutely anything, it’s just my tear ducts reflex. Doesn’t matter if I’m happy or sad or if someone else is telling a story, it just happens and I’ll start instantly.

It makes me look incredibly weak at work (not so much now; homeworking etc) but I literally can’t do anything about it. I’ve had “hay fever” all year round for years or I blame it on being very angry.
I do seem to manage to keep it together at work but may cry about it during my personal time. I remember as a child being shocked at seeing one of my teachers cry after leaving the staff room. I wonder how many children I shock on a weekly basis when I’m walking from A to B, or commuting with tears in my eyes.

I am a crier!I cry when I’m angry, annoyed, sad... I cry when someone is nice o me, I cry when people are mean. my line manager is proud when we get through a whole performance chat without tears 🙄 I hate it

Huge crier! I can cry at nearly anything. Has advantages and disadvantages I think.

Nope. Not a crier at all. It's actually becoming a problem.

I have spells where all i need is a damn good cry to feel better get it out my system etc and i just can't do it.

I would guess at i cry about 3 times a year.

Anger on the other hand.... Yup that shows itself no problem 🙄🙄

I'm the opposite I rarely cry. I do feel upset and I get the feeling in my heart that comes with crying, but not the crying bit. Or I just get the stinging in my eyes but the tears don't properly come. Sometimes I've lost my temper when crying would be more appropriate .
Maybe I've suppressed my crying ability.

Reactions: 5
I never cry, I've been with my husband 11 years and the first time he ever saw me cry was late last year when I thought we were losing my nan.

I'm not heartless, things do bother me but I just don't cry over it.

I was a daily crier as a child, I have somewhat grown out of it but still have my moments have done the same and blamed it on hayfever etc.

Choose to think of it as better out than in!

Reactions: 2
Yep I’m a crier. I cry at everything and anything. My husband cries at nothing (except anything to do with our son?!)

confrontation is the biggest trigger for me. I hate it and I used to be so embarrassed but now I just see it to be the fact I’ve got feelings and emotions and I’d rather be in tune and feel them than feel nothing

Reactions: 6
I am a crier 😭 I also cry watching TV, movies also cried watching Eastenders this week 👀

No I am not a crier. I cry very rarely and when I do, its always in private. Other people crying also makes me super uncomfortable. Occassionally I have cried at very random things in the past and I have found as I've gotten older things do tend to make feel a bit more emotional, but generally I do tend to come off as quite detached.

I’m a crier. I never quite lived down sobbing through Shrek when we watched it as a fun end of year 6 treat. It was the bit when donkey’s all sad and Hallelujah is playing in the background 😭 (I’m a freak)

As an adult it really annoys me that if I’m angry or embarrassed or frustrated my first inclination is to cry. I try really hard not to, especially at work but sometimes I have to take myself to the bathroom to pull myself together. Even though I’ve had some seriously tit and devastating stuff happen to me now I’ll still cry at the little things too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3