Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still on 0.6mg (1 week) and barely eating. Ordered a wrap and had to eat it in 2 goes. Not managed to eat anything else today. Only lost 2lbs but i don’t have much to lose.
Not sure if I should move up. Staying on a low dose if effective is tempting because of the price and minimal side effects, but there’s so much conflicting as if you need to do it exactly as prescribed and move up according to the chart to keep weight lose going and have long term affects of leptin levels?!
Everyone seems to do it differently it’s confusing.

Reactions: 1
Still on 0.6mg (1 week) and barely eating. Ordered a wrap and had to eat it in 2 goes. Not managed to eat anything else today. Only lost 2lbs but i don’t have much to lose.
Not sure if I should move up. Staying on a low dose if effective is tempting because of the price and minimal side effects, but there’s so much conflicting as if you need to do it exactly as prescribed and move up according to the chart to keep weight lose going and have long term affects of leptin levels?!
Glad it’s working appetite wise! I don’t have loads to lose either maybe 7lbs and I’d be happy.

Reactions: 2
You can stay on what feels suitable for you - remember the advice is for people with a higher bmi if you don’t have much to loose

I’ve always done 0.6 or 3 clicks up and been fine and then didn’t have a rebound after

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Same as above, the advice from my endocrinologist was to stick with a dose that’s working - there’s no need to go up and up like the instructions suggest.

• Heart
I’d be curious to hear from people who have been on it and stopped? Did you keep the weight down or did you gain it all back?
I was on it for about 4 months and lost 2 stone (lost that mainly in the first 10 weeks) I’m back eating a lot more junk again which is so frustrating as totally lost all need to eat unhealthy foods on saxenda. I’ve been off the jab for 4 months now and I kept the weight off for at least 3, the last few weeks I’ve put around 2lb on so still really good and no huge regain which I’ve had on previous diets like meal replacements etc. I’m going on holiday in a couple of weeks and when I get back I think I’m going to buy a few more pens as I still need to lose quite a bit more weight. I just hate the side effects ya of saxenda!

Good luck!

For those who have been on it a few months have you noticed if it’s affected your period?
It affected my period, made me come on every 3 weeks and I had insanely bad cramps which I’ve never really suffered with before

Has anyone restarted the jab after a period of time being off it and still had good results? I stopped it as i plateaued for around 6 weeks and was sick of the side affects with no weight loss. I’ve been off it 4 months and tho long of ordering so more pens to do another 8 or so weeks to try and lose another couple of stone. It I remember reading before that quite a few people that tried again a second time it didn’t work and they had no appetite reduction second time round

Last edited:
I was on it for about 4 months and lost 2 stone (lost that mainly in the first 10 weeks) I’m back eating a lot more junk again which is so frustrating as totally lost all need to eat unhealthy foods on saxenda. I’ve been off the jab for 4 months now and I kept the weight off for at least 3, the last few weeks I’ve put around 2lb on so still really good and no huge regain which I’ve had on previous diets like meal replacements etc. I’m going on holiday in a couple of weeks and when I get back I think I’m going to buy a few more pens as I still need to lose quite a bit more weight. I just hate the side effects ya of saxenda!

It affected my period, made me come on every 3 weeks and I had insanely bad cramps which I’ve never really suffered with before

Has anyone restarted the jab after a period of time being off it and still had good results? I stopped it as i plateaued for around 6 weeks and was sick of the side affects with no weight loss. I’ve been off it 4 months and tho long of ordering so more pens to do another 8 or so weeks to try and lose another couple of stone. It I remember reading before that quite a few people that tried again a second time it didn’t work and they had no appetite reduction second time round
I’ll be starting back late next week after about 6 months off it - I was having serious gynae issues prior to starting and couldn’t afford to have anything distorting my periods and possibly masking an underlying issue. My doctor didn’t think I needed to stop in particular but it was personal choice.

So, my “official” weigh in is a Tuesday but I’m just back from holiday so couldn’t resist jumping on the scale this morning - lost just over 1lb so that is a total loss of 15.5lbs in 5 weeks. Very pleased with that, stayed on 2.4 on holiday as I didn’t want to restrict myself too much but will go up to 3mg tomorrow and see how I go. Just ordered more pens from Boots pharmacy, got 5 for £192 using the WELCOME20 discount code.

So, my “official” weigh in is a Tuesday but I’m just back from holiday so couldn’t resist jumping on the scale this morning - lost just over 1lb so that is a total loss of 15.5lbs in 5 weeks. Very pleased with that, stayed on 2.4 on holiday as I didn’t want to restrict myself too much but will go up to 3mg tomorrow and see how I go. Just ordered more pens from Boots pharmacy, got 5 for £192 using the WELCOME20 discount code.
Did you just put them in your suitcase to take away?

My pen comes tomorrow… told my partner and he was not happy 🙈 thinks it’s dangerous Im being silly etc etc. anyone else had this ?

My pen comes tomorrow… told my partner and he was not happy 🙈 thinks it’s dangerous Im being silly etc etc. anyone else had this ?
Yeh that's why I haven't ordered yet 😔

If it didn't have ti be refrigerated I think I could get away with sneakily taking it but no chance if it needs to be kept in the fridge

Has anyone got theirs via their GP or other medical professional? Heard it was becoming available on the NS but not sure when?

No but this is the reason I didn’t tell my partner because I knew he’d be unhappy. At the end of the day it’s your body and hopefully he’ll come round

good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well for you!

If it didn't have ti be refrigerated I think I could get away with sneakily taking it but no chance if it needs to be kept in the fridge
It only has to be kept in the fridge until you first use it then it doesn’t have to

Reactions: 3
It only has to be kept in the fridge until you first use it then it doesn’t have to
Ooooo ok I didn't realise this. I thought it had to be permanently refrigerated

Making it quite tempting then. I often go to bed before him or am awake after he is so could easily administer in the bedroom without him knowing

me too! Knew I couldn’t get away with thefridge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.