Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started this yesterday but I’m not sure it’s working or I’m injecting it correctly 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m not having to force myself to eat at all but am being very conscious of having smaller portions. The only time I did think it was ok was after dinner last night which was smaller I then felt pretty full all evening. I had my usual breakfast but smaller and 1 slice of PB and banana on toast for lunch. No noticeable side as yet either thankfully.
Im using it to try and curb my massive sugar cravings that developed when I gave up alcohol 2 years ago. Never lost an ounce as I thought I would as I swapped wine for choc 🙄
Looking forward to exchanging experiences with this 😃👍🏼

Reactions: 2
I started this yesterday but I’m not sure it’s working or I’m injecting it correctly 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m not having to force myself to eat at all but am being very conscious of having smaller portions. The only time I did think it was ok was after dinner last night which was smaller I then felt pretty full all evening. I had my usual breakfast but smaller and 1 slice of PB and banana on toast for lunch. No noticeable side as yet either thankfully.
Im using it to try and curb my massive sugar cravings that developed when I gave up alcohol 2 years ago. Never lost an ounce as I thought I would as I swapped wine for choc 🙄
Looking forward to exchanging experiences with this 😃👍🏼
Absolutely xx what week are you on? What time of day do you inject? ...I wish you could pm on here lol

Absolutely xx what week are you on? What time of day do you inject? ...I wish you could pm on here lol
Sorry just noticed you said you started yesterday lol duh
Everyone's different babe. I'm sure that you're doing it right

Reactions: 1
Lol !! I’m injecting in the morning - yesterday turned out ok I guess. Significantly less calories eaten with no desire to snack or raid the chocolate drawer and no feelings of hunger or cravings either, just a bit nothing. Made a salad with HM coleslaw and cheese snd crusty bread for dinner and didn’t manage all of it so something is happening I think - maybe I just had different expectations 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

This is interesting, have you all who are taking it spoken to your GP about it? What’s the best time to inject it and how long does it take to notice the effects?

This is interesting, have you all who are taking it spoken to your GP about it? What’s the best time to inject it and how long does it take to notice the effects?
I’ll probably get roasted for this but no I haven’t at this point. Last time I spoke about my weight, the response was “have you thought about exercising or maybe not eating chocolate?” which to those of us with weight concerns isn’t helpful.
I fit the criteria for this ie my BMI and I have no underlying health conditions that I know of. All of the websites I looked at, you had to fill in an online consultation form before you could buy it. Yes it was mostly Yes/No responses and yes you could lie but I didn’t. This gets assessed by the pharmacist for the site who then prescribes it
It’s not ideal doing this but I’m happy with my research and my choice to try it 😃
As to your other questions - don’t know yet as I’m only day 3.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have a question if you don’t mind? About the actual injection. I’m a bit phobic of injections, but I’m on the ONS covid study and fine with using the little lancet thing for that, which you just press against your skin and it stabs you. Is this injection like that or an actual syringe / needle?

I have a question if you don’t mind? About the actual injection. I’m a bit phobic of injections, but I’m on the ONS covid study and fine with using the little lancet thing for that, which you just press against your skin and it stabs you. Is this injection like that or an actual syringe / needle?
It is a tiny very fine small needle that when you push into a fleshy thigh you don’t even feel a thing honestly this is why I’ve been wondering if im doing it right as I simply don’t even feel a slight scratch it’s so fine. The device looks like a pen and you screw a fresh needle on for each injection so not a syringe 💉

I’m really interested it this, I was just wondering if anyone is exercising with it as well? I love the gym and go frequently but sadly I can’t get on-top of my food to lost any weight.

I’m doing the step workouts on RWL about 3/4 times a week - only 30 mins but definitely gets the HR up

I am extremely interested in this! Does anyone know if it delivers to Ireland?

Very interested also! I wasn’t aware of this before seeing this post on Tattle. I’ve just started some research and it looks like you need a certain BMI to be eligible, for anyone who has tried this is that the case? Thanks!

From my research it’s a BMI of over 25 with a weight related condition or a BMI of over 30 - I’m 5’4” and around 14.5st so mine is around 32🙁
I have just reread this thread and noticed that one person taking it said how she wasn’t a pig and I can totally relate - I eat a well balanced mostly made from scratch diet with lots of fresh veggies water lean protein etc. But in the last 3 years of being a FT carer for a parent my weight has crept up and up. I was drinking to much which must have contributed so I stopped this but found I had massive sugar cravings so indulged myself in sweets and choc initially as wanted to make giving up alcohol as easy as possible for myself. As time has gone on I just can’t seem to get to grips with the sugar cravings and also some of it is emotional eating if I’ve had a bad day with my mother. Whether this will work or not, who knows but 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Reactions: 3
This worries me. In the 60s and 70s, this type of thing was huge and it hurt a lot of people. Is it the same type of thing as they were prescribed by Drs back then? Or have they changed them?

The only way I could permanently stop my sugar addiction was to completely cut out all sugar including fruit. if I eat anything sweet I cannot stop and then crave all kinds of food. Also, I had to stop grain as that makes me crave as well.

My treat now is 100% chocolate buttons dipped in peanut butter. taste like nectar but would not have been able to eat it had I not cut out sugar.

I’ll probably get roasted for this but no I haven’t at this point. Last time I spoke about my weight, the response was “have you thought about exercising or maybe not eating chocolate?” which to those of us with weight concerns isn’t helpful.
I fit the criteria for this ie my BMI and I have no underlying health conditions that I know of. All of the websites I looked at, you had to fill in an online consultation form before you could buy it. Yes it was mostly Yes/No responses and yes you could lie but I didn’t. This gets assessed by the pharmacist for the site who then prescribes it
It’s not ideal doing this but I’m happy with my research and my choice to try it 😃
As to your other questions - don’t know yet as I’m only day 3.
Exactly the same with me. I'm seeing my Dr next week and I will inform him but as I have high blood pressure I can't see him being cross lol

I do it on a morning and yes 12lb loss you can see a difference

I’m seeing my doctor this week, I might mention it to her and see what she thinks.
Be interesting to see what they say as this is still a relatively new weight loss medication and I find GPs can be a little closed minded.

Ive had a few cosmetic procedures over the years, the last one being a blethoraplasty which is too improve hooded or heavy eyelids. When my surgeon was removing my stitches he noticed an area on my face that was of concern and advised me to ask my GP for a dermatology referral. When I spoke to them, they were barely interested that I may have skin cancer but were more grilling me on the ins and outs of my surgery and I felt very judged!!
I didn’t have skin cancer btw but it was a pre cancerous thing called actinic keratosis which was treated successfully with a chemo cream 👍🏼

Reactions: 5
Be interesting to see what they say as this is still a relatively new weight loss medication and I find GPs can be a little closed minded.

Ive had a few cosmetic procedures over the years, the last one being a blethoraplasty which is too improve hooded or heavy eyelids. When my surgeon was removing my stitches he noticed an area on my face that was of concern and advised me to ask my GP for a dermatology referral. When I spoke to them, they were barely interested that I may have skin cancer but were more grilling me on the ins and outs of my surgery and I felt very judged!!
I didn’t have skin cancer btw but it was a pre cancerous thing called actinic keratosis which was treated successfully with a chemo cream 👍🏼
Gosh glad you are OK. He can like it or lump it lol if I'm losing weight and not costing the NHS anything then it's up to me

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.