Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This doesn't sound like a good long term solution. What happens once people stop the injections - won't the weight go back on as their appetite will return?

Reactions: 12
I’m on it. Been taking it since February and I’m three stone down. I know it’s not a long term solution and I know I need to address my unhealthy relationship with food. This is helping though because it’s showing me how large my portions used to be and how much I’d snack or reward myself with food. The weight coming off is the boost I need to keep going. I’ve got another couple of stone to loose and then I’ll stop. I’m hoping then I’ll be better used to smaller portions and won’t want to see my weight going up again.

I did ALOT of research before I started it too so I knew exactly what I was getting into

Reactions: 18
Had you any side effects? Well done on the weightless.
Not really. If I don’t drink enough water I can feel a bit sick but a good drink of water or chewing gum for ten minutes and it goes. Nothing else though, and I’m on the maximum dose

Reactions: 3
Not really. If I don’t drink enough water I can feel a bit sick but a good drink of water or chewing gum for ten minutes and it goes. Nothing else though, and I’m on the maximum dose
I couldn’t get past 2.4mg i was horribly sick the entire time and had the worst heartburn

Reactions: 2
I’m on it. Been taking it since February and I’m three stone down. I know it’s not a long term solution and I know I need to address my unhealthy relationship with food. This is helping though because it’s showing me how large my portions used to be and how much I’d snack or reward myself with food. The weight coming off is the boost I need to keep going. I’ve got another couple of stone to loose and then I’ll stop. I’m hoping then I’ll be better used to smaller portions and won’t want to see my weight going up again.

I did ALOT of research before I started it too so I knew exactly what I was getting into
Good for you my love, this sounds exactly my plan. I too did research and my sister was on it before me. My biggest issue was wine, I now no longer want to even buy a bottle never mind have a glass. I'm going to keep going for a few months. I am exercising more as well though with more walking. Good luck and keep in touch with your progress !!!

Yes started Oct 2020 15st. Now 12st 12lbs. Still on it. No longer pre diabetic and feeling great. I no longer eat a full plate like before. Same diet/food but smaller amounts. Thumbs up from me
Great stuff 👏

So if 1 pen is £75, how long does this last?
I paid £51

I would do it if it wasn't an injection, maybe a tablet but it does look like it has good results. I would be concerned though that associating eating with constantly feeling sick could lead to an ED.
The nausea with me only last 2 days I'm on day 5 now. The needle is that fine you honestly don't feel a thing

Please tell me you’re not serious?

You lose weight by eating less/differently, and/or moving more to put yourself in a calorie deficit.

Stuff like this may or may not help - but even so, it can’t be good for you and it certainly isn’t sustainable.
Am I asking you for your opinion on my choices?

No. I’d tell them to get professional help.

My sister is a recovered bulimic, I know how life changing getting the right help can be. I’d recommend people address the cause of their relationship with food, not inject themselves with god knows what. The likelihood is that when they stop taking the injections their food issues will still be there... I recommend addressing the cause not the symptoms.
Well I'm pleased you live in an ideal world and are so perfect.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m hoping then I’ll be better used to smaller portions and won’t want to see my weight going up again.
Yes I don’t really see an issue long term keeping the weight off because your stomach capacity kind of adjusts even if you just count calories and eat less, you get used to it after a while. So it seems like you will adjust regardless of exactly ‘how’ you get there - some control calories and deal with the hunger for a bit, this stops you feeling hungry so you consume less but ultimately that’s the same as just lowering your calories anyway isn’t it?
What do they suggest long term to keep the weight off? Can you just take it occasionally when you’re at your goal or on an ad hoc basis (thinking about PMS etc here) or do you just stop completely? I do find it very interesting!

Reactions: 8
Yes I don’t really see an issue long term keeping the weight off because your stomach capacity kind of adjusts even if you just count calories and eat less, you get used to it after a while. So it seems like you will adjust regardless of exactly ‘how’ you get there - some control calories and deal with the hunger for a bit, this stops you feeling hungry so you consume less but ultimately that’s the same as just lowering your calories anyway isn’t it?
What do they suggest long term to keep the weight off? Can you just take it occasionally when you’re at your goal or on an ad hoc basis (thinking about PMS etc here) or do you just stop completely? I do find it very interesting!
I dont know the answer to that yet. But, years ago when my metabolism was that of a 30 year old and I lost weight through WW I got below my target weight and managed to maintain for years, then a surprise baby in my late 30's followed by a hysterectomy shot all my hard work in the foot. Its not down to being a pig. It will take some time to lose 5 stone I'm sure lol

Reactions: 5
I dont know the answer to that yet. But, years ago when my metabolism was that of a 30 year old and I lost weight through WW I got below my target weight and managed to maintain for years, then a surprise baby in my late 30's followed by a hysterectomy shot all my hard work in the foot. Its not down to being a pig. It will take some time to lose 5 stone I'm sure lol
Good luck! Will you keep this thread updated, I’d be interested to follow your journey. Are you doing calorie counting or any kind of dietary monitoring as well or just the jab? I wish they’d make a jab for boredom eating, thats my problem 😂

Reactions: 5
Good luck! Will you keep this thread updated, I’d be interested to follow your journey. Are you doing calorie counting or any kind of dietary monitoring as well or just the jab? I wish they’d make a jab for boredom eating, thats my problem 😂
Thank you and I will let you know. I'll do it weekly so it doesn't get boring 🤪 unless something untoward or magical happens. In regards calories etc I am HAVING to make myself eat so I am making better choices, so before I would eat no breakfast but now having a high protein/ low fat / low sugar yoghurt with a kiwi fruit or a few strawberries. Lunch I would normally have soup and a sandwich and maybe crisps, today I had a boiled egg some cottage cheese and some spinach. Dinner we have always eaten well, so this evening it's steak and salad. The difference is the amount you can eat, your stomach literally feels full ALL the time. I'm drinking my normal cups of tea with skimmed milk dilute cordial. I have no desire to drink alcohol, they do advise you don't anyway, but for some bizzare reason I've just not wanted to. It's transformed my thought pattern etc. And if I pay £50 - £60 per month on this its FAR less than what I would spend going to slimming world and buying wines and takeaways. It has motivated me like nothing else has for years. Only the beginning of the journey so things could change but for now my mental health and better and I am doing something to aid my physical health WITHOUT it costing our beloved NHS 💙 a penny x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you and I will let you know. I'll do it weekly so it doesn't get boring 🤪 unless something untoward or magical happens. In regards calories etc I am HAVING to make myself eat so I am making better choices, so before I would eat no breakfast but now having a high protein/ low fat / low sugar yoghurt with a kiwi fruit or a few strawberries. Lunch I would normally have soup and a sandwich and maybe crisps, today I had a boiled egg some cottage cheese and some spinach. Dinner we have always eaten well, so this evening it's steak and salad. The difference is the amount you can eat, your stomach literally feels full ALL the time. I'm drinking my normal cups of tea with skimmed milk dilute cordial. I have no desire to drink alcohol, they do advise you don't anyway, but for some bizzare reason I've just not wanted to. It's transformed my thought pattern etc. And if I pay £50 - £60 per month on this its FAR less than what I would spend going to slimming world and buying wines and takeaways. It has motivated me like nothing else has for years. Only the beginning of the journey so things could change but for now my mental health and better and I am doing something to aid my physical health WITHOUT it costing our beloved NHS 💙 a penny x
Hi everyone, so today is one week on the "skinny jab", saxenda pen. My weigh in this morning I have lost 12lb. The starting dose was 0.6, as stated before I had nausea only slightly in the first couple of days but other than that (to date) no other side effects. I have today increased the dose to 1.2 in line with the recommendations so I'll let you know how I get on this week.......👍

Reactions: 15
So are you also keeping track of how many calories you are consuming whilst taking the jab so you know what kind of deficit you are in (as that will be what is causing the weight loss) and whether you are giving your body enough? I assume if you’ve lost 12lbs you must be in a pretty hefty deficit but is there a chance it’s *too* low?

for example, I appreciate its great to eat less when you’re body doesn’t physically want the food (as your appetite is surpressed) but your body still needs a certain amount of energy to do certain things.

sorry for all the Qs :)

Reactions: 9
Hi, hope this is okay to ask! As I’m following this thread with interest after reading loads about the skinny jab (mostly from sellers of it, so really excited to see “real” results...)

I was wondering where you guys are getting the pens from at some a reduced rate? I keep seeing it as £150/£175 a pen which has really put me off...

Are there other benefits to it such as increased energy ect?

Also a huge well done for the losses so far 😍

Boredom eating is my main issue. And large portions. I’m not calorie counting, I’m just eating less of it. It’s an appetite suppressant so the desire to eat snacks or through boredom has completely gone in my case

Hi, hope this is okay to ask! As I’m following this thread with interest after reading loads about the skinny jab (mostly from sellers of it, so really excited to see “real” results...)

I was wondering where you guys are getting the pens from at some a reduced rate? I keep seeing it as £150/£175 a pen which has really put me off...

I got my first lot from LLoyds as it came with online support from a trainer nutritionist who checked in weekly. But after awhile I’ve found her a bit patronising so I’ve stopped. I get mine from Chemist 2 U. You fill in an online questionnaire and a pharmacist then dispensing and it’s sent to you, in refrsigerated packing overnight with Royal Mail. I paid 256 for five pens, the single use needles and a sharps bin

Hi everyone, so today is one week on the "skinny jab", saxenda pen. My weigh in this morning I have lost 12lb. The starting dose was 0.6, as stated before I had nausea only slightly in the first couple of days but other than that (to date) no other side effects. I have today increased the dose to 1.2 in line with the recommendations so I'll let you know how I get on this week.......👍
Fantastic result well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Boredom eating is my main issue. And large portions. I’m not calorie counting, I’m just eating less of it. It’s an appetite suppressant so the desire to eat snacks or through boredom has completely gone in my case
That’s really good! I had a look the other day and sadly my BMI is too low or I would be very tempted 👀 good luck though I’ll be keeping an eye here to see how it all goes!

Fantastic loss !!! Well done 🥳

Hi I got mine from

So are you also keeping track of how many calories you are consuming whilst taking the jab so you know what kind of deficit you are in (as that will be what is causing the weight loss) and whether you are giving your body enough? I assume if you’ve lost 12lbs you must be in a pretty hefty deficit but is there a chance it’s *too* low?

for example, I appreciate its great to eat less when you’re body doesn’t physically want the food (as your appetite is surpressed) but your body still needs a certain amount of energy to do certain things.

Hi no apology needed, yes I'm very conscious that I need to eat enough which is why I said in my earlier posts I'm having to make myself eat 😅 yesterday

Hi yes I'm on around 1500 per day with lots of water, I suspect once my body adjusts to the shock the loss will slow down. Its weird because I'm just not craving anything at all hence why I said b4 I'm having to make myself eat. But when I am eating its very healthy, high protein, lots of veg, even thoughi can't finish them all and a small carb portion. Don't forget I started at 15stone 4lbs so there is alot to lose, I'm only 5ft 2 🙄 I think this coming week it will slow down as my body will get used to the water and I won't wee as much lol

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.