Anyone here suffer from mental health issues?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry you’re struggling @Rockin' Robin . Till you find a new course of treatment, do you have any methods of de-stressing a little? I hope I’m not repeating myself, but I found that going to a zen moment in my memory, and focusing on the sights and smells and feelings of that moment, can really bring me back to a softer, calmer state of mind. if you can emotionally travel back to that one perfect moment, hold onto it, pause it and stay in that moment for as long as you need, for me it’s like smelling salts to bring one out of a faint. It snapped me right of a full blown panic episode, and that’s the zen moment I grab onto whenever the stress is taking me to a bad place. 🌹 Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
Thank you so much for your reply, I am trying to deal with things one step at a time.
Today was slightly better, I managed to get some important stuff done. I don't think I'll be doing too much tomorrow though.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I had a complete meltdown at work last week and ended up having a go at my boss. Everything had just got on top of me. I do stand by what I said, but the way I said it was inappropriate and almost seemed like i was having a tantrum. I hate having these meltdowns.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I've had GAD for longer than I realised (just thought I was an over-worrier...but 24/7) until diagnosed in my 20s and then body dysmorphic disorder followed after weight loss. I was doing so well. Even after significant bereavements in my life/losing my house etc and I expected a breakdown but it didn't come. I think it's coming now mind - 5 years down the line. My job is one whereby I have to listen to others problems, trauma etc all day, everyday. I had a few days off as I could feel the boiling point approaching. Work seem to have increased my workload since then rather than helping (bar some tick box exercise on my return...). I panic because I haven't got any parents or grandparents to "fall back on", and the fear of losing my home again rears its head regularly (even though the first time was absolutely not my fault and nothing to do with finances - Mum died/housing association evicted because of that) but I can't shake the fear hence the worry that its all creeping up on me. I've tried meds and I never felt any different. I do regular exercise to try release endorphins and it does...for an hour. I've removed a lot of friends from my life as I realised that they were actually not friends at all - guess it's made my world smaller but then I was feeling worse about how they were treating me (and this was a big step in removing toxic people from my life as I'd definitely just clung onto people who didn't deserve my time or energy). They never did anything for me, not even on birthdays, and I don't think wanting to be made special once in a while is a bad thing.

I did resort to contacting Samaritans. They're all very kind but having random anonymous people being able to empathise and recognise what my friends can't (and yes I was open/honest with my "friends" but just got back how hard life was for them too....when they have living relatives, partners etc and no anxiety disorders) makes me feel quite sad. I do get people without can't necessarily understand but don't say "oh well it's tough for everyone" or similar.

Think I've offloaded a bit here 😆 sorry lol

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was diagnosed 4 years ago with Bipolar and BPD after a suicide attempt, spent a week at an inpatient facility and a further week at an outpatient facility before being allowed back out in the community, came out with lots of support. Since then I had had one further relapse and spent a week at an outpatient facility again to give myself a break, redo my meds and to organise social supports for me. Since then I have been stable, held down a job for 8 months (the longest I have ever held down a job for), got married and life is good. Have the occasional up and downs but nothing like they were. I have always been open on job applications about having a mental illness which I think went against me, but the job I have now have no problem with it and see it as I have lived experience and am better suited caring for others like me because I understand and can show more empathy toward them.

I can tell you having a suicide attempt really shows you who your friends and family really are!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes ... anxiety ... for which I've been on medication (Sertraline) for 25+ years

It's especially bad at the moment as I have just tested positive for Covid (faint line on the RAT) ... I've been feeling absolutely dreadful for the past couple of days so it's somewhat of a relief as to "what" is causing it, but I'm freaking out as I live alone in the middle of nowhere and my chest feels very tight (going through to my back) - or does it? Maybe my anxiety is imagining it?

I'm going to go and make a pot of tea and get lost in a TV series to take my mind off it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Random question, and may seem a bit superficial, but has any one had issues losing weight on Sertraline?

Random question, and may seem a bit superficial, but has any one had issues losing weight on Sertraline?
Yeah i was on sertraline not long ago and i didn’t gain weight as such but i just could shift the weight i already had. Soon as i stopped taking it i seemed to lose weight

Yeah i was on sertraline not long ago and i didn’t gain weight as such but i just could shift the weight i already had. Soon as i stopped taking it i seemed to lose weight
Thank you! I’ve just started taking it and was told it could be an issue weight wise. I guess that’s the least of my problems!

I gained weight when I first started taking it again recently (have been on it for 25+ years but had a huge break in between as I didn't feel I needed it, then tried some other things). The weight gain wasn't an issue when I first took it all those years ago.

Anyway, moving on ... so, weight gain more recently. I went down to having two big meals a day instead of three, which has been a huge help - the weight went back down to what it should be, and I still feel as if I'm eating enough.

• Heart
I gained weight when I first started taking it again recently (have been on it for 25+ years but had a huge break in between as I didn't feel I needed it, then tried some other things). The weight gain wasn't an issue when I first took it all those years ago.

Anyway, moving on ... so, weight gain more recently. I went down to having two big meals a day instead of three, which has been a huge help - the weight went back down to what it should be, and I still feel as if I'm eating enough.
thank you! I’ll keep to my calorie counting and see what happens! 🤞🏻

• Heart
I've had depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. Been on and off meds over the years, currently on Fluoxetine. Doesn't work wonders but it helps a little. Tried talking therapies a few years ago and didn't feel any benefit, just wasn't for me.

Literally just put a sick line in today for stress and anxiety (lots going on at home) and when I phoned my boss to tell her she was so blunt with me. Pissed me right off.

The 1st time peo-ke disappoint me with their reaction, I try to give them the benefit if the doubt. We don’t know what is going on in their life, is She 9n the middle of something? If it happens repeatedly, it’s her and not you. Try not to let it get to you. Would there be any benefit to address it? If so, prepare and have thst talk. If not, hug yourself a little tighter, and know it’s not you. ❤

I've had anxiety since my teens (in my 60s now) and was diagnosed with GAD in 2020. I hid the anxiety for a long time but it got really bad during Covid so I sought help.

I had low-level CBT and I'm not on any medication. I have good days and bad days but there are more good days than bad now and the coping mechanisms have helped me a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 3