Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was sharing a house with a friend when I met my husband. A few weeks after we got together my friend started going out with a guy who had the same first and last name as my fella. We laughed about that, then around a month later my friend hit the fence of a property across the road from us. The guy whose fence she hit had the same first and last name as both of our then boyfriends.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
When I was young, I liked to go fishing with my dad. He had a beautiful signet ring with a ruby in it that was given to him by his dad.
One day, when he "threw" his line into the lake, the ring came flying off his finger. He was gutted, we looked all around for it but it was no where to be seen.
About 3 weeks later, we went again - we had a spot the opposite side of the lake. As I sat down, I noticed something catch the light - right on the bank of the lake was my dads ring!!
It still gives me shivers to think about it!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I was on one of those long escalators with the husband, turned to him and said could you imagine if this just stopped and you can guess what happened next. He was a bit spooked and told me to do the lottery next :ROFLMAO:

p.s we didn't win

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My dads a lovely chap and on the day I was born he went out and bought all the local and national newspapers, kept them and gave them to me when I turned 21. On the front page of the first one.. none other than my husband who was rescued from a house fire by a kindly neighbour as a baby (Oddly his parents had never told him !)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
My birthday 12/07
My cousin's birthday 12/05
My cousin's birthday (they're sisters) 22/12
My sister 22/12
My brother 22/03

Probably not the best one but still a little odd

Reactions: 1
Last November I was moving a lit candle from one room to another. It was burning my fingers and it was raining outside. My husband had some music on. At the exact same moment as I was moving the candle, I heard Axl Rose singing "and it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November Rain". 😂

Everytime I've heard that song since, I think of that moment when everything aligned so perfectly 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
One brother is born 8/6 my other brother is 14/6
My younger brother is 14/4 my sister is the 8/1
And my youngest sister was born on my 20th birthday and we had our 1st and 21st birthday together!

One brother is born 8/6 my other brother is 14/6
My younger brother is 14/4 my sister is the 8/1
And my youngest sister was born on my 20th birthday and we had our 1st and 21st birthday together!
I have 4 Facebook friends who have kids with birthdays on the same day and one with birthdays on adjacent days. They all think they are unique.

My due date was only a couple of weeks after my older child's birthday, I was terrified it was going to happen to us too( it didn't) .

We met this couple on our honeymoon.. we’re not one for really getting friendly on holidays so that was unusual in itself. We stayed in contact as they were a nice couple... a year later they had a niece born on the same date as my niece and a year after that they had their baby born about 3 days before our baby.. I found it really spooky!

Reactions: 3
This is super weird but.

I was on a cruise with my dad and brother, got in a lift to go down to the restaurant and this old couple got in. It absolutely STANK of poo when we got in, i looked in the old mans hand and he had poo in it wrapped in a napkin :sick::sick: I can communicate with my brother with just my eyes so i showed him where to look and he was like :eek:, my dad we just told once they'd left. We spent the rest of the holiday in hysterics over it. On the ship they take constant photos of everyone and then display them in a gallery to buy, so we made a point of always finding their photo too (don't know why we just have a weird sense of humour)

Cut forward about 6 months, I get a notification on Facebook saying ' **** has liked your photo', clicked the profile as i didnt know the name and it was the couple from the lift!!!!!!!!. I was in a fit of laughter on the drive for about 30 minutes unable to speak, rang my dad and showed him and my brother to double confirm it was them. They were mutual friends with my best mate who i also lived with at the time.

Managed to pull myself together and went in the house, later on i asked her in conversation who **** was, and she said my nan.

I have been in a lift, in a boat on the south coast of Europe with my best mates grandparents holding a poo. What are the chances of that

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Once as a kid I was asleep in bed when I suddenly woke up and sat straight up. Then a shelf fell down where my head would have been 😂 I was grateful for that coincidence.

• Wow
On the day my dad died, my neighbour had a baby boy. Then my other neighbour died a few weeks later and my best friend had her baby the same morning. Both are boys and called Thomas.

My friend from childhoods mum and my mum were born on the same street and lived there although not knowing each other, 300 miles away from where me and my childhood friend grew up together.

Also my aunt has 5 children, their birthdates are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th of different months.

And finally, my son was born on the 4th weighing 6lb 8 and his cousin was born on the 4th 3 months later weighing the same and at the same time.

Reactions: 2
This is super weird but.

I was on a cruise with my dad and brother, got in a lift to go down to the restaurant and this old couple got in. It absolutely STANK of poo when we got in, i looked in the old mans hand and he had poo in it wrapped in a napkin :sick::sick: I can communicate with my brother with just my eyes so i showed him where to look and he was like :eek:, my dad we just told once they'd left. We spent the rest of the holiday in hysterics over it. On the ship they take constant photos of everyone and then display them in a gallery to buy, so we made a point of always finding their photo too (don't know why we just have a weird sense of humour)

Cut forward about 6 months, I get a notification on Facebook saying ' **** has liked your photo', clicked the profile as i didnt know the name and it was the couple from the lift!!!!!!!!. I was in a fit of laughter on the drive for about 30 minutes unable to speak, rang my dad and showed him and my brother to double confirm it was them. They were mutual friends with my best mate who i also lived with at the time.

Managed to pull myself together and went in the house, later on i asked her in conversation who **** was, and she said my nan.

I have been in a lift, in a boat on the south coast of Europe with my best mates grandparents holding a poo. What are the chances of that
hold on, why on earth were they holding a poo!!! 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Where I work, a few years ago a woman started (we're now close friends)
Anyway... she spoke about her daughter and it turns out she was born on the same day as me! Both her and my mam remember another girl born on the same day too that was in the hospital... weird!!

When I had my old flat I met a friend through another friend of mine and it turns out she lived in that flat before me!

hold on, why on earth were they holding a poo!!! 😂 😂

This happened in 2017/18 and i still ask myself that question constantly!
I didn't realise at the time on the ship that I already had met her nan and grandad, and I have since (keeping a straight face was really challenging)
In the nicest way possible, her grandad is a few sandwiches short of a picnic and I think maybe he had a dodgy holiday tum somewhere on deck and his solution was to wrap it in tissue and go back to the cabin. If it was me I would've A) held on and ran to the loo, if that wasn't possible B) lobbed it overboard and not got in a lift with other people.

• Haha
This happened in 2017/18 and i still ask myself that question constantly!
I didn't realise at the time on the ship that I already had met her nan and grandad, and I have since (keeping a straight face was really challenging)
In the nicest way possible, her grandad is a few sandwiches short of a picnic and I think maybe he had a dodgy holiday tum somewhere on deck and his solution was to wrap it in tissue and go back to the cabin. If it was me I would've A) held on and ran to the loo, if that wasn't possible B) lobbed it overboard and not got in a lift with other people.
oh my god I am creased with laughter

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I tell this story at any opportunity.

My group of 8 pals and I were our early 20s and single, living at home in Liverpool. Went for a girlie weekend away down in Birmingham. While there, my friend Laura slept with this local guy. She was wasted, couldn't remember his name. Thought nothing of it. I didn't get a good look at him myself.

The next year, we all went to visit Laura at uni up in Newcastle. We had a night out. Very drunk. Laura meets a guy and is snogging his face off in the club. He looked vaguely familiar to me but I couldn't place him. He ended up going home with her and staying over. He had breakfast with us all in Laura's kitchen the next day so we got to have a good look at him and I was trying to work out where I'd seen him before. Laura was still in bed so didn't actually see him in the cold light of day! He didn't recognise any of us and said he'd never met Laura till last night. He went back to his halls. A few hours later our other friend Leanne realised he was the guy Laura had slept with from Birmingham! So she'd slept with him twice, a year apart and in totally different cities, without realising it was the same guy. And I don't think he'd recognised her either! 😂

Now, fast forward 4 years and we're all in our mid-20s and have dispersed around the country. We decide to meet up back home in Liverpool for a night out.

You can see where this is going...

We went to our favourite club and we're all dancing etc. Laura goes to the bar with Claire and Leanne. Claire and Leanne return with shots. Laura has gone AWOL. Me and Leanne go off to find her. We ended up going outside so we could hear to phone her, and there she is in the smoking area speaking to THE SAME GUY. We were screaming! Ran up to her to tell her and she was adamant it wasn't, but we KNEW as we'd actually seen him properly when we were in Newcastle, unlike her! Lol. So we asked him and everything matched up - he'd been to uni in Newcastle, originally from Birmingham, and was visiting friends now in Liverpool. She'd actually never seen him outside of dark clubs, taxis etc until this point and didn't believe us it was the same guy. He hadn't recognised her either! I swear if we'd not interrupted it would have happened a THIRD TIME. I think we killed the mood. She did snog him though!

It doesn't end there...

Last year (we're in our mid-30s now so this is about 10 years after seeing him in Liverpool), we had a mini hen do for Claire up in Edinburgh. We were having afternoon tea at Harvey Nichol's and guess who walked in? THE GUY. With his wife/girlfriend. And they'd booked the table next to us. We were actually crying laughing! He pretended not to know us for a minute then realised he couldn't get away with it as we were screaming different city names at him. We ended up buying them both a drink and making them write dares for the bride for later, poor man. His wife was very amused!

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I tell this story at any opportunity.

My group of 8 pals and I were our early 20s and single, living at home in Liverpool. Went for a girlie weekend away down in Birmingham. While there, my friend Laura slept with this local guy. She was wasted, couldn't remember his name. Thought nothing of it. I didn't get a good look at him myself.

The next year, we all went to visit Laura at uni up in Newcastle. We had a night out. Very drunk. Laura meets a guy and is snogging his face off in the club. He looked vaguely familiar to me but I couldn't place him. He ended up going home with her and staying over. He had breakfast with us all in Laura's kitchen the next day so we got to have a good look at him and I was trying to work out where I'd seen him before. Laura was still in bed so didn't actually see him in the cold light of day! He didn't recognise any of us and said he'd never met Laura till last night. He went back to his halls. A few hours later our other friend Leanne realised he was the guy Laura had slept with from Birmingham! So she'd slept with him twice, a year apart and in totally different cities, without realising it was the same guy. And I don't think he'd recognised her either! 😂

Now, fast forward 4 years and we're all in our mid-20s and have dispersed around the country. We decide to meet up back home in Liverpool for a night out.

You can see where this is going...

We went to our favourite club and we're all dancing etc. Laura goes to the bar with Claire and Leanne. Claire and Leanne return with shots. Laura has gone AWOL. Me and Leanne go off to find her. We ended up going outside so we could hear to phone her, and there she is in the smoking area speaking to THE SAME GUY. We were screaming! Ran up to her to tell her and she was adamant it wasn't, but we KNEW as we'd actually seen him properly when we were in Newcastle, unlike her! Lol. So we asked him and everything matched up - he'd been to uni in Newcastle, originally from Birmingham, and was visiting friends now in Liverpool. She'd actually never seen him outside of dark clubs, taxis etc until this point and didn't believe us it was the same guy. He hadn't recognised her either! I swear if we'd not interrupted it would have happened a THIRD TIME. I think we killed the mood. She did snog him though!

It doesn't end there...

Last year (we're in our mid-30s now so this is about 10 years after seeing him in Liverpool), we had a mini hen do for Claire up in Edinburgh. We were having afternoon tea at Harvey Nichol's and guess who walked in? THE GUY. With his wife/girlfriend. And they'd booked the table next to us. We were actually crying laughing! He pretended not to know us for a minute then realised he couldn't get away with it as we were screaming different city names at him. We ended up buying them both a drink and making them write dares for the bride for later, poor man. His wife was very amused!

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!
Oh come on… that story HAS to end with them ending up together and living happily ever after 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
My brother and his wife didn’t find out the sex of their baby… I dreamt they had a boy and called him Freddie….. 3 weeks later they did!!!!!