Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My parents were born in the same week, at the same hospital, on the same ward, to mothers who didn’t know each other. They didn’t meet again until they were at high school and have been together ever since.

Reactions: 10
Gréât thread.
Me and my husband met in a coffee shop near my home when we were dating and I would go every day and on the weekends with my now husband.
We moved in together and moved area.

On our official marriage day we were leaving the registry office and heard someone cheer for us it was the owner of the coffee shop.
I still to this day think it’s crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I live in Plymouth and have a friend in Cornwall. One weekend, we bumped into each other at an event in Chichester. Neither of us knew the other person was going to be there.

Got talking to a woman who I'd never met before. I bumped into her again at a different event the following week.

Reactions: 5
My neighbour tracked down her sister in another country who she hadn't known existed, only to discover she shared the same name as her daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Back in 1995, I worked with a guy from Scotland for a couple of years and then lost touch after changing jobs.

In 1998 went on a trip to Canada, staying in Banff. One day we went up to one of the nearby resorts to ski and decided to stop for a beer in one of the chalet bars on the mountain.

Whilst sat there, I heard someone call my name and assumed there was another person with the same name in the bar. Nope, it was my ex colleague from Scotland who had chosen that same day, same resort and same bar to stop in.

Turns out he’d emigrated to Canada the previous year and was living in Edmonton. I can’t even imagine the odds of it happening.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
When my daughter was born my mum got chatting to the dad of a new baby that had been born that day too,. fast forward two years or so, at the park with my then toddler, and a little girl on the next swing over, with her dad, mum realised it was him and his daughter. bearing in mind, this was a different town from where the kids were born!

Reactions: 9
Lost my current passport due to a tumultuous couple of years moving places, horrific agents/landlords etc. Been AWOL

Friend visited today in 4th house move in year, said anxious lost passport, happened to open envelope whilst shooting the tit with dear friend and passport there.

I thanked the universe.

Peace love and good manifestations all x

• Heart
I went to France on holiday and spent 2 days at Disneyland, i was having a nosy in one of the gift shops where i heard a familar voice. Turns out it was my work colleague and she was spending the day at Disney too. She was also staying at the same holiday park as us which was an hour away from the site.

Reactions: 1
Grandparents died 8 ears apart. Both died on the 12th at 7am.

Mum has 2 half brothers. One has the same name as my dad and his date of birth (different year) is the same date as their wedding anniversary.

Reactions: 2
Randomly heard from an old school friend on Facebook a few years ago, her birthday is 1st October and she got married on the 9th. My birthday is 9th October and I got married on the 1st!

Reactions: 4
My phone randomly recommended an article in a regional paper I never read. It was utterly batshit, with a wife slagging off her husband and bringing her kids into it. In the papers! I was thinking to myself why on earth would anyone do this, and why is this story being recommended to me?
Then they printed the guy's name and age and I realised we were at school together. Phones, eh? They know everything.

• Wow
Me and my husband have this weird thing where one of us will burst into song randomly. Not proper songs but for example things of the telly.

The bloody postcode lottery advert that used to come on a lot had the song “someone’s knocking at the door… Someone’s ringing the bell” and you can guarantee whenever one of us goes to “sing it” we’ll say it at the same time. So bloody weird.

Reactions: 2
I've just finished watching a silent film. Sometimes they don't have Accompanied music so I use YouTube.
The piece of music I found finished at exactly the same time as the film though I never looked at the the time length of either.

Reactions: 4
I have a few...

I have three children born in 2004, 2014 and 2017. Two were born on Friday's but my last daughter was born just after midnight on the Saturday. On the Friday evening, I had a really bad feeling when my waters broke and despite planning a home birth I just kept saying to my husband 'I need to go to hospital now' - he took me. The Hospital questioned why I was there as the Home birth was planned. I had my daughter just after midnight and had a major haemorrhage which left me very unwell. I am convinced that my gut saved my life. They said if I was at home, I would have probably not made it.

Told myself I needed to see a sign that I was making the right decision about something earlier in the year. So I thought 'I want to see a green car when I next go out' - drove out onto the main road by my house and have to stop for a green fiat that is reversing into the road. :p

I had a day when I spoke to my husband about a train he was taking that weekend, my Mum about a problem with a Plane runway and my son about a bus trip.
My PA went to a church for a school event the same day and the window was really unusual so she randomly said about it and what it had on it. A plane, a train and a bus..... saying 'I will help you lead the way'.

I had been thinking about my Nanna Beryl - a lot who died in 2004, she just kept popping in my head. At the same time I had gallstones which are absolutely horrendous and I was poorly. My PA bought me a really pretty crystal for my desk to cheer me up. We looked up the meaning of the crystal and it was for people with digestion and stomach issues. The name of the crystal was a 'Beryl' crystal. And then it all made sense...!

Reactions: 10
Back in 2020 my partner & I decided to try for baby number 2.
My then 7 year olds birthday was coming up (week before Christmas) and we asked him what he would like for them he replied "a baby brother and sister, twins!) He obviously didn't know we were trying for a baby.
Fast forward to Feb 2021 I found out I was pregnant, at an emergency scan I found out I was definitely pregnant and just like my son has requested, it was bloody twins!
And here we are with 14month old twins🤣
Not asked him what he wants for his birthday or Christmas since!

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Back in 2020 my partner & I decided to try for baby number 2.
My then 7 year olds birthday was coming up (week before Christmas) and we asked him what he would like for them he replied "a baby brother and sister, twins!) He obviously didn't know we were trying for a baby.
Fast forward to Feb 2021 I found out I was pregnant, at an emergency scan I found out I was definitely pregnant and just like my son has requested, it was bloody twins!
And here we are with 14month old twins🤣
Not asked him what he wants for his birthday or Christmas since!
Awww was it also a baby brother and sister?

Reactions: 3
Aww I’ve loved reading through this thread! I have a few..

1. At my friend’s wedding (we met at work) my dad dropped off my then boyfriend for the evening do and picked up my mum who’d come to the day part. He asked me my friends maiden name, tapped her dad on the shoulder - turns out they’d played football together as kids. They have old team photos with each other on.

2. Because of an admin error when scheduling classes at sixth form, my now-husband was put in the wrong English class (lit, not language like he’d chosen). We met on the first day of sixth form (I’d transferred in from another school) and he decided to stay in Lit instead 🤣 the rest is history... we got married this year, 15 years to the week we first met.

And my best one..

3. Randomly one summer, I met the front man of a super famous band from my hometown in our local garden centre (lol). I went bright red and nearly died because I am a huge fan, my mum asked if we could have a picture and he was so nice and chatted to us and took a photo with me. The next day we’d gone out for dinner at a local restaurant and I was telling my dad and sister about it, and my sister was dying of jealousy. I looked up out of the window to see the front man walking past again, so we went out to say hello and my sister got her pic too 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9