Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today me and my partner have been to view a house in a town 100 miles from where I currently live (looking to move in together near his home town).

The seller asked if we were local and I said no and mentioned the county I live in as the town isn't that well known and no one has ever heard of it. She said "oh I lived in *name of my town* thirty years ago with my first husband! She told me the name of the street she used to live in (didn't have the heart to tell her it's now a well known crack den🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
In my small street I used to live where I grew up were the popes, the bishops and the priests (surnames) No lie 😄 my family were one of those.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Aww I’ve loved reading through this thread! I have a few..

1. At my friend’s wedding (we met at work) my dad dropped off my then boyfriend for the evening do and picked up my mum who’d come to the day part. He asked me my friends maiden name, tapped her dad on the shoulder - turns out they’d played football together as kids. They have old team photos with each other on.

2. Because of an admin error when scheduling classes at sixth form, my now-husband was put in the wrong English class (lit, not language like he’d chosen). We met on the first day of sixth form (I’d transferred in from another school) and he decided to stay in Lit instead 🤣 the rest is history... we got married this year, 15 years to the week we first met.

And my best one..

3. Randomly one summer, I met the front man of a super famous band from my hometown in our local garden centre (lol). I went bright red and nearly died because I am a huge fan, my mum asked if we could have a picture and he was so nice and chatted to us and took a photo with me. The next day we’d gone out for dinner at a local restaurant and I was telling my dad and sister about it, and my sister was dying of jealousy. I looked up out of the window to see the front man walking past again, so we went out to say hello and my sister got her pic too 🤣
Who was the singer?

Years ago me and husband were channel flicking, and Dynasty was on. I said I wondered if Blake Carrington was still alive, looked it up and he was. He died the next day. My husband always jokes that I killed Blake Carrington!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Recently my family have figured out something strange between us so- there are 10 years between the aunts and nieces on my mums side. So there’s 10 years between me and my auntie. Then 10 years between my mum and her niece (my cousin) and then 10 years between my other auntie and her auntie and our ages go -
29,39, 42,52, 60,70
😂 we are all connected by the 10 year thing. It started with my great aunt and ends with me. Witchy or what.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My fiancé and I sometimes know what the other is thinking, or say the same thing at the same time. We had an engagement party back in March where we were gifted a hot air balloon ride voucher. It got swallowed in all the gifts we received and we put it in a drawer and forgot about it for a while.

last week we were sat on the sofa and he said “by the way we need to…”
And I said “book the hot air balloon ride”

I just knew he was going to say that

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When you know someone has gone, an hour before you know.
No trigger meant, it's a blessing.
And not fishing. Circle of life.
Wishing strength, ☮, love and hugs to all.
Be well x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
i have a few -
1-First job I had when I left school. Got talking to a colleague on my first day about where I was from etc and I told her the name of the small town( was about 45 min commute). She said she used to live there but moved away when she was 11. I thought oh that’s weird I moved to the town when I was 11 . Turns out my family had moved into the house her family moved out of! My current bedroom was her old bedroom!

2- I was in the whitsundays in Australia on a boat trip chatting to the guy running it. He asked me where I was from and said his girlfriend was English and from the same town. I didn’t believe him as it’s a small town. He showed me her Facebook and not only was she from the same town she went to my school!

3- My ex boyf and I hadn’t spoken in years but are still fb friends. Last year we both had twins, born a day apart.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Years ago me and husband were channel flicking, and Dynasty was on. I said I wondered if Blake Carrington was still alive, looked it up and he was. He died the next day. My husband always jokes that I killed Blake Carrington!
Similar to me last month - I was randomly googling "Angela Lansbury young" one night and admiring her pics, and the next day she passed away.

Reactions: 3
Hi new to this thread but I’ve had this on my mind for years and no one ever seems interested when I talk about it.

my parents birthday are one day after the other in the same month, let’s say 1st and 2nd of feb.
if you put their birthday day dates one after the other, that makes my birthday date (12th) and if you multiply the month of their birthday together (2 x 2), you get my birthday month (April).
my mom pointed it out when I was younger and I’ve never been able to forget it.

Reactions: 5
My dads funeral was on 23rd of November 2007. The same year my hubbies Gran died on the 10th of December.
In 2018 my hubbys mum died on the 23rd of November (dads funeral anniversary) and her funeral was on the 10th December (grans death anniversary).
Thought that was a bit weird

I was with this guy for about four years and we broke up.I took it pretty bad but anyways I was in work one day and I was texting my friend saying I’m so upset and missing the ex etc. In the mean time I served this guy in work,I never seen him before off he went I thought noting of it. So anyways my friend text me later and said I’m setting you up with a guy I know to try get over the ex. So she gave him my snap chat he had a story up I looked (now bare in mind I never heard of this guy or seen him before) so anyway I looked at his story it was the guy that I served earlier that day in work. Such a coincidence. We started texting and met up and dated for a while I fell pregnant by him but the relationship didn’t work out 🙈

Reactions: 7
When I was younger I was with my mother at home, waiting for my father and brother to come back from rugby. The house phone rang and as it did I told my mother my father and brother would be home late, as my brother was in hospital. Needless to say, it was my dad on the phone and my brother had been injured and they were in A&E.

Also last year I saw a job advertised and sent it to my friend telling her it was the perfect job for her. She applied and said she interviewed really badly but I just kept reassuring her she had got the job. A while later she phoned me to tell me what I already knew, she had got the job!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My sister, brother and I were all born on a Saturday.

Back when i was 15 i was in my last class of the day and got to thinking about how awful it would be if someone i knew had died and i had to be taken out of class etc etc - Bell rings and i walk out the school doors to my mum waiting in the carpark (knew something was wrong as i normally walked home) Turns out my best friend had got in an accident and died that morning.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Not really sure if this is a coincidence or not but had to write it somewhere.

I’ve been with my partner just under 10 years, we get on great although we have had a very stressful year due to loss of close family members.

Anyway, for the last couple of weeks I’ve had the most strange dreams where this guy kept popping up that I had a thing with but not anything formal, over 10 years ago. This evening we popped into our local pub and of all people stood at the bar it was him. No idea why, and there’s no feelings there as he was a total tit bag, but made me stop and think for a little. I find him triggering so having to post something as it’s just stunned me a little. Not even sure if this makes sense.

• Heart
Went on holiday to Majorca, a few years ago.

One afternoon, we left our sunloungers to get lunch in the restaurant. We got back and noticed that there was a different couple on the sunlounger next to us. The lady was lying on her stomach, so didn't pay much attention until 5 minutes later...when we made eye contact.

It was only my youngest child's teacher. The teacher who she has every single day in school. The same teacher who had taught my eldest.

I don't know who was more shocked. But didn't see her again for the rest of that holiday!

A few months ago, I got in my car at lunchtime to head out and get some shopping.

For some reason - I have absolutely no idea why - a thought suddenly popped into my head at how I was lucky I'd never had a flat battery.

Fast forward about 30 minutes and I was just about to leave the supermarket carpark ... lo and behold, my car would just not start! It was so, so freaky. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before!

Thankfully, I called my work and a couple of my wonderful colleagues came to my rescue, including one guy with jumper leads. I managed to get it to a mechanical workshop over the road from work, who were able to put it on charge for the afternoon.

• Wow
I had to pick up my mum from an airport and whilst driving, it was quite dark and cold. I saw some very old cars, I was thinking Gosh, imagine sitting or driving a car that had no heated seats and waiting ages for the car to warm up like we used to when we were younger. Scrapping the car windows and taking ages to defrost. Sitting there freezing....etc etc. I was reminiscing but also being a snob. 🫣

I went to pick up my mum. Had a 20 mim window in the car park before getting charged. Mum got jn the car and my brand new car wouldn't start. 😳 Waited 30 mins trying to start it, eventually it did and I got charged £40 for overstaying.

But what a coincidence. Moral of the story...don't look down on people and their cars.