Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Ophelia

VIP Member
I was wondering where you were lovely @Swedish chef - love seeing your user name pop up and your posts make me laugh! Yep, we'll always be here no matter what. Hugs, A xxx
---

Aww yuck, hospital 🫂 I hope everything is as ok as possible. Between you and Mr O you are having quite a time of it but as you say, one day at a time, go with the flow @Miss Ophelia ❤ 💙
Wasps are awful and Daddy long legs, pointless creatures, all of them.
I loathe enthusiastic road cyclists, all over the place around here especially on a Sunday. They are quite dangerous and think they own the road. I call them road wasps! Sorry to anyone who maybe partakes in such activity with teeny lycia shorts on! 🤭
Take it easy L, I hope Mr O is at least stable. Love to you and the kitties, A xxxx
Thank you @MagicRoundabout ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1

welshgirl2021

VIP Member
Diolch hyfryd xxx
Yep, pretty sure it is. To be honnnesssht I would rather not have them than put up with it and look like someone has poured itching powder down my top! 🤪
So it’s the HRT patches?

Don’t answer that if it’s too personal My Daughter is a GP would you like me to send her your picture?

• Heart

Wize Owl

VIP Member
I am okay, just got fed up of wasting time on her when I can’t stand her, it’s more productive to read a book. Did I miss something on the other thread? I’m glad you got out for a couple of days at the weekend. I met some friends on Saturday for breakfast and took the dog for a nice walk and a pup cup on Sunday. Mr Mouse is away for a week.
@jus rol with it I hope your hip pain eases soon. Does it hurt during the day or only at night? I wonder if ice might help during the day.
@Wize Owl i hope the owlets are still having fun on their break.
@Miss Ophelia i hope you are feeling better.
Love to everyone else, I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend x
Hello @anniemouse xx
My Owlets are enjoying the hols, especially as it’s sunny this afternoon, they’re in the garden playing and helping Mr Owl. I hope you’re doing ok and your dog is better now. I’ve been listening to some audiobooks and podcasts during night feeds with baby Owlet, I love actually reading books more than audiobooks though. Love and hugs xxx J xxx

• Heart
worked in healthcare myself and everyone needs an advocate, starting with ourselves for ourselves. It does wear you down after some time but I will regroup and continue to seek answers and not put up with being dismissed.
You go girl! I must say, you have to be quite insistent and I'm pretty sure many consultants I've met over 10 years underestimate patients and their determination.
Top tip, get a waterproof backed sheet and strong hot water bottles if ever you plan to lie on them! I have woken up in a water bath a few times and had to get my matress topper off to a cleaners as its massive! Yuck!
Just fill them up with normal water, bung a couple in the freezer. Just don't throw them or chuck them on anything as they are like giant ice bricks. I even take one on car trips longer than a nip to town.
The heat patches with the sticky backs, great, but I stuck one on my knickers for low back pain and in a few hours it had almost destroyed my trousers with the heat.
Glad the dentist hasn't resulted in anything drastic. I've got a check up next Tues. They think I'm very strange as I laughed through extractions when they were rocking about and 80's tunes were playing! I wasn't laughing later on 🤪 xx

• Heart
Holy shit! That would be crazy! Our sight tests are free too, do you pay for those?
Yep!!!! Unless you are on a high level of benefits, jobseekers allowance I think. We pay for everything, and my eldest has £70k in university student loan to repay. All my daughter's cousins are in Scotland and they are always discussing it xx

ETA @anniemouse if over 60 prescriptions are free, but they want to raise the age.

• Wow

geezabreak

VIP Member
Hello you lovely lot, just wanted to share a little update regarding my son (I posted he had crohn's disease a few weeks ago) Well he started a whole new treatment plan 8 days ago and the change in him has been unbelievable I am absolutely thrilled and bursting to tell everyone and anyone he's finally starting to feel better 😊😊 he's even been back to school this week properly for the first time in months ❤❤
Aw that's wonderful news!

• Heart

xxDimplesxx

Thank you I shall look into those. I did watch home fires and was gutted they didn’t carry on. Like everything though they carry on filming the crap but stop the stuff everyone likes! As I’ve got older I just see too much violence against women on tv and too many middle aged white men accepting that’s it’s good viewing. X

Duchessofmanchester

Chatty Member
Oh, hunnay. I’m sending you the biggest hug. You‘re not alone. We had the results of my Dad’s biopsy yesterday and it confirms he has stomach cancer. He won’t get a prognosis and possible treatment plan for another week. @xxDimplesxx is right, it doesn’t happen as fast as you would hope it would, and it’s the waiting that is one of the hardest things. Hang in there.
I wish your Dad a full recovery and I’m sending you love and strength. R xx
I'm so sorry lovely.
It's horrible isn't it? Sending you and your family a big hug xx

• Heart
I got my thyroid results back today from Saturday morning's bloods. TSH levels has gone way up. Explains why I feel exhausted, irritable, low etc. It's been stable for years. Gone from 2.66 to 4.09.
1000014917.jpg

• Heart

Miss Ophelia

VIP Member
Hello. The weekend has flown by here. I wanted to let everyone who was following along know that I met with the surgeon and my biopsy was negative! They are going to reassess me in 6 months, but for now I can breathe. Thanks for the support and words of comfort and wisdom.
Great news ❤🫂L

• Heart