Anti Conspiracy Theories - a place to discuss the stuff you’re seeing online that’s winding you up!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, listening to an old episode of the 'Young Wrong About' podcast, as previously mentioned by another poster, so thought I would check it out.

The episode was called 'The Satanic Panic' and it's so interesting how so many CT's do follow the same template. It concerned the fear in the US, back in the 80's, that children were the victims of Satanists who were conducting Satanic abuse rituals - with many of these children being smuggled in underground tunnels.

However, the perpetrators of these alleged horrific crimes were not democratic politicians or Hollywood stars - but teachers, nursery workers, kindergarten staff, etc.

The hosts commented how suburban parents would come up with outlandish scenarios and convince themselves they were true. Also, children would be asked dangerously leading questions with the protocol being 'Children must be believed no matter what' - except if the child says no abuse happened 🙁
I always find it so weird that so many conspiracy theories are rooted in satanic worship. Even today loads of the Qanon/celebs/Hilary Clinton drinking children’s blood is all based on them being in a satanic cult.
You would think conspiracy theorists of all people would be doubtful of god and religion but why do all of them believe in devil worship then?

Can tell you, we have ordered a lot of furniture from Wayfair and never once received a child... l o l.
YET!

Reactions: 9
Exhausting exchange earlier this evening when my mum told me Bill Gates is related to Hitler and started going on about ethnic cleansing.
*googles furiously* - see mum, not true. Facebook is full of tit.
“Maybe it’s his wife who is then?”
*googles furiously* yeah.... also not true Mum. Also, not entirely sure it’s relevant even if she was. If your great great grandad was a baker, would that mean my husband would also be a baker? No. Anyway like I said, Facebook is full of tit.
“Just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean it’s not true”
It’s not true though Mum. Like definitely not true. What makes you think Sandra from Nottingham who shared this post knows about Bill Gates’ family tree but the rest of the world doesn’t?
“Well maybe nobody’s ever looked in to it. It’s what’s going around on the internet you know”.
Yeah, again Mum, Facebook is full of tit....

Aaaaaand it’s time for a glass of wine.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Exhausting exchange earlier this evening when my mum told me Bill Gates is related to Hitler and started going on about ethnic cleansing.
*googles furiously* - see mum, not true. Facebook is full of tit.
“Maybe it’s his wife who is then?”
*googles furiously* yeah.... also not true Mum. Also, not entirely sure it’s relevant even if she was. If your great great grandad was a baker, would that mean my husband would also be a baker? No. Anyway like I said, Facebook is full of tit.
“Just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean it’s not true”
It’s not true though Mum. Like definitely not true. What makes you think Sandra from Nottingham who shared this post knows about Bill Gates’ family tree but the rest of the world doesn’t?
“Well maybe nobody’s ever looked in to it. It’s what’s going around on the internet you know”.
Yeah, again Mum, Facebook is full of tit....

Aaaaaand it’s time for a glass of wine.
Oh wow. Sorry you have to deal with that.

Oh wow. Sorry you have to deal with that.
She’s lovely really and this was all in reasonably good humour but I did want to band my head against a wall! Like most, she is spending a lot of time more than usual seeing this rubbish on social media and a few of her friends are also in to sharing the conspiracy stuff. She’s always thought lockdowns have been nonsense after the first few weeks of number 1 and was anti mask but has started to wear one recently! She’s lost two friends - one to a heart attack following delayed medical procedures (not sure exactly if directly linked) so couldn’t go to a funeral and just yesterday a 34 year old lady took her own life leaving four children behind, yet she knows nobody personally that’s been seriously unwell with covid so to her mind, it’s all being over exaggerated and there are more worrying things going on, can’t blame her really but there’s being sceptical about things and then completely taken in by utter tit shared for clicks and likes by morons on social media!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s the doom mongers that really boil my piss. “Oh this isn’t ending anytime soon“ or “Oh we will be in lockdown for the next eleventy-six decades”:blah blah. What good does that do? It’s not helping anyone. People’s mental health is already taking a massive battering so please, Sandra, take your Facebook Facts and your Insta Inside Info and stick them where the sun don’t shine.
If I could like this a million times I would!!!
I'd like to think I'm not a person who struggles with things often. Very good at holding my head high and just moving on etc. But honestly I can't even be positive when there are people who seem to constantly be saying that this is life forever now and we'll never get close to another human again. It's driving me insane!!!!! Of course we will. This isn't an apocalypse and we're definitely not the first humans to go through a pandemic. It's tit, but if we lose hope then what do we have? Nothing, and I think that's worse than a lockdown to be quite frank.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If I could like this a million times I would!!!
I'd like to think I'm not a person who struggles with things often. Very good at holding my head high and just moving on etc. But honestly I can't even be positive when there are people who seem to constantly be saying that this is life forever now and we'll never get close to another human again. It's driving me insane!!!!! Of course we will. This isn't an apocalypse and we're definitely not the first humans to go through a pandemic. It's tit, but if we lose hope then what do we have? Nothing, and I think that's worse than a lockdown to be quite frank.
I actually think people must have incredibly narrow view of the world or a big sense of self importance if they think that for some reason this will be the thing that changes the world forever. Things that have endured CENTURIES and this (in the scale of the earth quite insignificant) pandemic isn’t going to be the turning point. We will all just revert back to our behaviour because it’s human nature.

Essentially people know duck all about history and actually think this is a unique situation. Spoiler: it’s not.

The same for all CTs really, it all applies, they think they are part of something unique and special when NOPE.

When this is all over in a relatively short amount of time I feel there will a lot of people with a covid shaped hole in their life.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
not about a particular post but I love how people think they know better about viruses (not just covid) than actual scientists who have studied and dedicated their careers to this, but yes dave on fb knows more based on ‘research’ he has done on google

people fail to realise you’re research will show what you want to see, so if I want to find proof vaccines cause autism then there are many sources out there for this- (not that I believe them)

How can you possibly think a vaccine alters DNA!? 🤣
Thing biggest thing for me is the, why? Why would they want that, what would be the point just because you can isn’t enough motivation to say you will. The constant crying about being controlled is the most hilarious thing to me too, like they are out there living in the woods, off grid with no one to answer to. Yup sure thing. 👍👍👍👍

I actually think people must have incredibly narrow view of the world or a big sense of self importance if they think that for some reason this will be the thing that changes the world forever. Things that have endured CENTURIES and this (in the scale of the earth quite insignificant) pandemic isn’t going to be the turning point. We will all just revert back to our behaviour because it’s human nature.

Essentially people know duck all about history and actually think this is a unique situation. Spoiler: it’s not.

The same for all CTs really, it all applies, they think they are part of something unique and special when NOPE.

When this is all over in a relatively short amount of time I feel there will a lot of people with a covid shaped hole in their life.
Exactly. I know literally in a year if not less they’ll be back doing normal things. I read a whole study at uni once on how humans will do EVERYTHING they can to make them feel in control/have full responsibility for health and their “luck” and that many, many people cannot and refuse to acknowledge that not everyone who is ill/fallen on hard times had nothing to do with it. Blame is always given, whether it’s language “they fought really hard” or actual victim blaming. This pandemic 100% proves this study to me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

^this. We've had 2 world wars yet we are still at war in parts of the world.

Reactions: 7
I was just browsing Reddit as you do and someone was talking about the wacky conspiracies Q believers are sharing (these people don't believe them btw, just sharing what they've heard).... Brace yourselves.

"
There's a rumor in Q World that Biden has been arrested and a "Face Off" surgery is being performed. So the guy we'll see being inaugurated will be Trump with Biden's face. And when he stutters, that's because Trump is still getting used to mimicking Biden's voice.

No explanation on the different body types and who that will be cheating at golf at Mar A Lago in a MAGA ha
t."

duck sake. They are actually off their damn head.

"I was listening to The Daily this morning and they interviewed everyday Trump supporters to see how they’re feeling about everything. One woman said she is so scared about how this country is going to “turn communist” and how she is certain that China is behind this and that China has troops on standby to come in and make sure Biden gets into the White House. What??? Where do people get this stuff? It just made me so, so sad. I don’t know how we can ever undo the fact that millions of people just believe nonsense and believe the election wasn’t genuine. It feels so hopeless."

"A friend of my Mom's said that what we thought was an earthquake was China breaking in through the Canadian border. Not sure how that works."

LOL. I am in Canada and can say that is utter shite. Oh my god.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I got caught in a rabbit hole reading about Qanon and right wing conspiracies. Some scary stuff but stuff that's been repeated over an dover again in history. So much for new theories and being awake.

Reactions: 8
Sorry if it's been talked about but if you want a break from Qanon stuff. I heard yesterday that teenagers believe Helen Keller isn't real because she was deafblind and that means she couldn't have written books or learned to read because she wouldn't know the alphabet. It's all over TikTok. I can't tell if it was started as a joke or not.....

• Wow
  • Sad
Sorry if it's been talked about but if you want a break from Qanon stuff. I heard yesterday that teenagers believe Helen Keller isn't real because she was deafblind and that means she couldn't have written books or learned to read because she wouldn't know the alphabet. It's all over TikTok. I can't tell if it was started as a joke or not.....
Sadly, they are probably deadly serious🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 1
There is a CT too about Stevie Wonder not being blind. My husband always jokes about it to me but I've never looked it up, allegedly there's something on youtube?!

Reactions: 1
It’s a bit like when the world was supposed to end in 2012. Such an anticlimax. Can’t wait to see what the ct’s pull out their arse next, probably editing a video about the inauguration as we speak.

What gets me is when someone barges into a thread and starts spouting ct buzzwords. Then when someone asks a reasonable question, instead of engaging in the discussion, which as a so called ‘critical thinker’ you’d expect them to be more than happy to, they call the other poster names instead. This makes them come across as insane, to be quite honest.

• Heart
QAnon started removing posts from their boards yesterday too then. But I thought it was only the evil mainstream media out to get them with their censorship??

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.