Anti Conspiracy Theories - a place to discuss the stuff you’re seeing online that’s winding you up!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was looking on the conspiracy thread. In particular at the info posted on those who died due to the vaccine.
Seems to me its a lot like something the CT like to quote against coronavirus......if one of them had been hit by a bus within 28 days of getting the vaccine, would their cause of death be the vaccine?!!
Joking by the way, the double standards are just making me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was looking on the conspiracy thread. In particular at the info posted on those who died due to the vaccine.
Seems to me its a lot like something the CT like to quote against coronavirus......if one of them had been hit by a bus within 28 days of getting the vaccine, would their cause of death be the vaccine?!!
Absolutely this! I find the hypocrisy of CTs astonishing, they refuse to believe that anyone died due to Covid yet someone has a vaccine and falls ill or dies, even weeks or months afterwards, they'll happily attribute that illness or death to the vaccine.

I think that'll be an ongoing theme over coming months, as they try to scare people away from having it. The time that has elapsed since in between someone having the vaccine and becoming ill will be irrelevant to the CTs as it will just suit their agenda about "proving" the long-term effects.

Reactions: 10
I wish people would stop using the bus crash as a cause of death of Covid19. On average, there are around 12 buses crash deaths, and around about over a 1000 road deaths a year.

We've been in lockdown, so the road accidents will be lower due to less people travelling for around half of the year.

Reactions: 9
I wish people would stop using the bus crash as a cause of death of Covid19. On average, there are around 12 buses crash deaths, and around about over a 1000 road deaths a year.

We've been in lockdown, so the road accidents will be lower due to less people travelling for around half of the year.
I thought it was getting run over by a bus . People normally just seem to get hit by a bus at low speeds. I was on the bus and it hit a cyclist but they weren't hurt badly .

Trump supporters now, still clinging on to hope from a man that doesn't give a tit about them
It took my breath away on Weds when he just said “have a nice life” (or basically screw you) to his deluded followers. Also, Melania, who has walked around like a fart in a trance the last 4 years fucked off back to New York at the speed of light without even thanking the staff. There isn’t enough money in the world to buy that grubby family some class.

Reactions: 5
It took my breath away on Weds when he just said “have a nice life” (or basically screw you) to his deluded followers. Also, Melania, who has walked around like a fart in a trance the last 4 years fucked off back to New York at the speed of light without even thanking the staff. There isn’t enough money in the world to but that grubby family some class.
The meltdowns and reality setting in realizations are honestly shocking. It shows how people will cling on to anything that even slightly matches some of their views. It is human nature to want to have interaction with other people and feel like you belong. Now all the message boards, posts, and people are going away and all the comradery formed in delusions and misinformation is gone. Some of these people are truly on their own now if they've cut off family/friends over these views or vice versa. People have lost their jobs over attending the Capitol riot and children are turning in their parents to the FBI. They really thought Trump owed them something and now they have lost everything. And you know some of these people, 50s and older, were always telling the younger generation to be careful online, you don't know who you're really talking to, etc. Well.......

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I thought it was getting run over by a bus . People normally just seem to get hit by a bus at low speeds. I was on the bus and it hit a cyclist but they weren't hurt badly .
It depends how the person falls, amongst other things. A nurse at the hospital I used to work at was killed after being struck by a bus that was travelling slowly as it was pulling into a stop. She tripped on the pavement and stumbled into the road, the bus hit her and she fell and hit her head on the kerb. It was the blow to the head that killed her.

Not sure how being knocked down by a bus relates to Covid, but just wanted to point out that the speed of a crash isn't the only factor of whether someone can survive being hit by a bus.

Reactions: 2
I can't read that thread. The psueso science they link to at times hurts my head.
It depends how the person falls, amongst other things. A nurse at the hospital I used to work at was killed after being struck by a bus that was travelling slowly as it was pulling into a stop. She tripped on the pavement and stumbled into the road, the bus hit her and she fell and hit her head on the kerb. It was the blow to the head that killed her.

Not sure how being knocked down by a bus relates to Covid, but just wanted to point out that the speed of a crash isn't the only factor of whether someone can survive being hit by a bus.
It's always the argument that's used regarding the death stats of covid "you could test positive for covid and get run over by a bus and be a covid stat"

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't get how conspiracy theorist can say the government is trying to control them over this vaccine, but are quite happy to say that on Facebook, who were found to leak private data to the government.

Reactions: 15
I can't read that thread. The psueso science they link to at times hurts my head.

It's always the argument that's used regarding the death stats of covid "you could test positive for covid and get run over by a bus and be a covid stat"
Ah, I see - thank you!

I agree about the conspiracy theory thread, I've posted on there a few times trying to reason with them but it feels like repeatedly banging my head against a brick wall.

Reactions: 7
In all fairness, I think its incredibly easy to fall down these rabbit holes. It's easy to think it's a certain type of person, which it often is, and I think the more vulnerable they are the easier it is, but at the same time, your everyday person can easily get sucked in. I mean, many of us will binge on TV shows full of mystery and intrigue, where nothing is quite what it seems, so it's not a stretch to find CTs quite fascinating. But then it's how far people take it and the full on crazy crap they are willing to believe.

Not seen that, but I did like a video I saw about all those mattress stores on every block in loads of US towns 😂

Reminds me of the suspicion I always feel when I hear the ice cream van driving down the street at 8pm on a freezing cold, pissing it down Sunday night in the middle of February 😂
The ice cream van that comes round our way does a nice sideline in illegal drugs!

The ice cream van that comes round our way does a nice sideline in illegal drugs!
I guessed mine was doing drugs when it was coming around at (literally) 10pm on a random school night. Given that he came around every week, he was obviously being kept in business somehow 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't get how conspiracy theorist can say the government is trying to control them over this vaccine, but are quite happy to say that on Facebook, who were found to leak private data to the government.
They're probably the same people who post those ridiculous disclaimers as their FB statuses: "By posting this status I hereby declare that I do not consent to my data being used" etc etc. Yeah, good luck with that...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m friends with a girl on Facebook who is the ultimate CT, there’s is not one single CT that she doesn’t believe. It’s snowing here in England and she’s put up a video of her holding a lighter to a snowball and claiming this is not natural snow as it doesn’t melt 😅😩🤷🏻‍♀️.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I’m friends with a girl on Facebook who is the ultimate CT, there’s is not one single CT that she doesn’t believe. It’s snowing here in England and she’s put up a video of her holding a lighter to a snowball and claiming this is not natural snow as it doesn’t melt 😅😩🤷🏻‍♀️.
Is there NOTHING some people won't believe?! this is possibly the most weird thing I have heard :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am fascinated about what encourages individuals to fall down the CT rabbit hole. I think at the heart of it is fear. A random biological event has occurred, there was no plan or intentional release. Instead of accepting this randomness, the CT believers try and apply their warped "logic". It makes them feel comforted and like they have a sense of control over an event which is inherently chaotic and unpredictable.

I also think there has been a failure to embed genuine critical thinking in education. I am always trying to encourage my kids to think critically and we talk about changing our ideas if new evidence becomes available.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am fascinated about what encourages individuals to fall down the CT rabbit hole. I think at the heart of it is fear. A random biological event has occurred, there was no plan or intentional release. Instead of accepting this randomness, the CT believers try and apply their warped "logic". It makes them feel comforted and like they have a sense of control over an event which is inherently chaotic and unpredictable.

I also think there has been a failure to embed genuine critical thinking in education. I am always trying to encourage my kids to think critically and we talk about changing our ideas if new evidence becomes available.
yeah I 100% agree, especially about the education thing. I remember learning it a bit but only because I studied both history and politics at high school, if you didn't study those it was never really covered as far as I am aware

Ugh. A girl I know who I really like is posting stuff that is anti lockdown. She says it is hard on her little boy, which I have no doubt about but it is hard for everyone. She is really into the law of attraction stuff and I am sure would refer to herself as a CT.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.