Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In before it gets 'claimed', multiple passport systems down within a relatively short space of time - French passport control for arrivals from britain was broken earlier, currently the UK's passport system for arrivals to britain is on the blink, so is it...
- remarkable coincidence (TBH I put this as less likely)
- everyone doing upgrades to meet recent standards changes
- attack by forces as yet unrevealed
- the WEF, making sure the peasants don't travel
... the cyber polygon AI singularity probing* the systems before it's main attack...?

* like what aliens do but electronically

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@OwlAtTheMoon I see you’ve been the victim of haunting by one of the CTs. This happened to me too. You really should report it.
Thanks Carole. Sorry it happened to you too. I can't believe after everything that's gone before, a segment of one of my posts was again shunted out of context onto a separate thread. Then I'm made a target of ridicule, for absolutely no reason. What the heck is wrong with people? By 'haunting' do you mean that kind of harassment, or the weird allusions to having multiple accounts? I really have no clue what that's all about. Feel a bit sick about it all tbh. 😪

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Thanks Carole. Sorry it happened to you too. I can't believe after everything that's gone before, a segment of one of my posts was again shunted out of context onto a separate thread. Then I'm made a target of ridicule, for absolutely no reason. What the heck is wrong with people? By 'haunting' do you mean that kind of harassment, or the weird allusions to having multiple accounts? I really have no clue what that's all about. Feel a bit sick about it all tbh. 😪
Honestly, people who behave like that are crying out for attention, usually because they’re lacking something. The best thing you can do is rise above it and put them on ignore. 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, I mean the harassment. This one took parts of my posts from various different threads and posted them “over yonder” to try show what a terrible person I am!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love theories like this.

View attachment 2200336
Something of a delayed response from me as I first tried to remember why it seemed a familiar thing, then I tried to figure it out, and then I gave up and several failed searches later found an answer on quora amongst pages and pages on the subject and yes on reading, my response was ffs duh of course it is (etc).

From this I learnt that it was related to some battle between two egyptian gods where one lost an eye and the other lost a testicle, the overall narrative I believe being a sort of merchant's parable to emphasise that the philosophy of 'an eye for an eye' is one of strict exchange, and that one may not simply substitute one type of ball for another.

Why do celebrities cover one eye in their pictures/albums/videos?

*grabs dunce's cap, heads for corner*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Something of a delayed response from me as I first tried to remember why it seemed a familiar thing, then I tried to figure it out, and then I gave up and several failed searches later found an answer on quora amongst pages and pages on the subject and yes on reading, my response was ffs duh of course it is (etc).

From this I learnt that it was related to some battle between two egyptian gods where one lost an eye and the other lost a testicle, the overall narrative I believe being a sort of merchant's parable to emphasise that the philosophy of 'an eye for an eye' is one of strict exchange, and that one may not simply substitute one type of ball for another.

Why do celebrities cover one eye in their pictures/albums/videos?

*grabs dunce's cap, heads for corner*
I guess there'd be some awkward questions if everyone started covering their crotches.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nahhhh I actually thought that the whole ‘pureblood’ thing was a joke until I saw these 💀
View attachment 2167066
View attachment 2167069
Peak antivax cringe
---
ETA it always makes me laugh when CTists complain about being censored online, that reddit group has like 10k people and the r/conspiracy group has nearly 2 million
“Scientific analysis” duck right off

I very much doubt this person is a scientist and he ran the tests, looked at data like the actual scientists who developed the vaccines. But it’s so bizarre that people can read something online and claim to be more of an expert than those who have studied and trained for years. Nothing wrong with questioning things, I’ve always said that but if this person was my family member I would tell them to do one.

Everything has side effects, even food if you’re allergic. It’s good to be aware so you know what to look for. I’m on 9 different types of tablets for my disabilities, and sometimes I have to choose between “this helps my pain” and “this side effect isn’t pleasant”which sucks. But the more minor side effects don’t tend to last for long at all

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I watched a bbc Scotland documentary last night called 'Who Are the Flat Earthers'. It looked at vocal flat earth supporters from both Scotland and the USA. The Scottish lot looked like decent people but their main thrust seemed to be, 'Gravity doesn't exist plus you can't feel the earth spinning on its axis or around the sun so therefore Earth can't possibily be a globe so it's definately flat and so is the moon' (😩😂😱), whilst the US lot were a whole other scary ballgame of Christian fundementalist, bible-quoting creationism (with no clear reason I could gather why that would preclude the earth from being round).
Interesting programme, even if my jaw hit the floor a few times. I thought it perhaps wasn't indepth enought (at 30 mins) for what it was aiming to do, which was try to look at both sides of the arguments. Worth a watch anyway and it's on iplayer.

I watched a bbc Scotland documentary last night called 'Who Are the Flat Earthers'. It looked at vocal flat earth supporters from both Scotland and the USA. The Scottish lot looked like decent people but their main thrust seemed to be, 'Gravity doesn't exist plus you can't feel the earth spinning on its axis or around the sun so therefore Earth can't possibily be a globe so it's definately flat and so is the moon' (😩😂😱), whilst the US lot were a whole other scary ballgame of Christian fundementalist, bible-quoting creationism (with no clear reason I could gather why that would preclude the earth from being round).
Interesting programme, even if my jaw hit the floor a few times. I thought it perhaps wasn't indepth enought (at 30 mins) for what it was aiming to do, which was try to look at both sides of the arguments. Worth a watch anyway and it's on iplayer.
“Earth can't possibily be a globe so it's definately flat and so is the moon'”

I always wonder what flat-earthers think of the moon! Good to know.

• Haha

Yep, that bit about the moon got me probably more than any of their other whacky ideas. When asked whether they also thought the moon was flat, they said well you might think it looks round, but that's just the bit you see, so how do you know it's not just a flat disc? Oh and according to them all of NASA plus every single airline pilot are in on the conspiracy and are total liars for stating Earth is a globe and the horizon is curved. Apparently no one has ever been in space and all photos of Earth taken from space are faked. It was just SO scientific, Bob! 👀😭😂

• Haha

I've seen a few flat earthers explain that earth is the only flat planet, one can plainly see that the others are roundish.
Idk, these people are hard work. They remind me of Jehovah's Witnesses or Fundamental Christians with their nonsense.

Disclaimer- some of my extended family are JW, my parents also were for about 7 years until they got sick of the church's hypocrisy. The arguments and 'logic' are very similar to many CTs I've come across.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I like the way the people (even if wrong) have bothered to construct some reasoning around their train of thought before (or even after) declaring the earth's flatness, this is a good sign because it means they aren't taking some scripturey thing (whether old or new or pseudo) as their source of scientific information.

Those are people that can be shown evidence and perhaps even persuaded, because with them you aren't questioning writings they hold as being unquestionable truth.

(we get occasional leaflets through the door from religious and pseudo religious groups - new and old - but I think I've only seen one that was overtly close, with a specific comment about the earth being only a few thousand years old and literally created by a/the supreme being as described)

Though following that train of thought I'm now wondering is flat-earth necessarily a new earth or can someone believe it is both flat *and* billions of years old, and leaving aside questions of if not then how, possibly not even manually (as it were) created?

Reading this back I will clarify the angle here is anti anti-science not anti-religion and even though I think it's all rubbish, I do understand that faith in one area does not equate to denial of science in another.

Reactions: 2
Theres a certain thread (PS) here that started normal as the guy is obv a wrong un, but it seems to be going a bit CT which to me actually deflects from the actual behavior from him

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've seen the 'in 10 years' meme crop up in various forms in several places now and it's annoying because whilst I like the cynicism as regards taxes, the list of points gets a reaction of furrowed brow, not 'yeah right on' like it should.
The below based on reaction/memory because it's a meme, not something where you are invited to go and look things up.

(another one that turned into an essay, sorry... Scroll on byyyy...)

From a tweet date January this year:

60s and ten years of oil left - I don't remember a lot of the 60s because I wasn't actually there the whole time, but a search suggests this was one person one time caught off guard and pulling a number out of his arse, once. Not sure the relevance to taxes unless the world was already being run by OPEC.
(I do remember in the 70s/80s it was permanently around 30-40 years, question about how it was always that far away was answered with wtte that's why the exploration bit is important, if they don't keep finding more that's how long what we have found will last).

70s and ice age, I remember stuff about it but not that it was definitely coming and about to fall on our heads or if it was it wouldn't be as bad as the last one. Don't remember what was going to be done about that but then I wasn't anywhere western for a lot of this anyway so might have missed the main OMG bits. Pretty sure we all had to pay for our own loft insulation cavity wall filling etc, not sure what that would do to taxes.

80s and acid rain, I do remember stuff about parts of forests being killed off by it and we mostly headed this off but not before large areas of land had to be shifted to different crops because of the soil pH change. Needed lots of expensive filtering etc to fix, costs of manufacture production went up, consumers hate paying more so government foots the bill, and we are the government's wallet.

90s and the ozone layer, we actually successfully turned this one around before we all got burnt. Unfortunately this meant more expensive refrigerants and expensive disposal of old refrigerants and since we as consumers refuse to pay for anything, governments ended up having to foot the bill, so that's paid for by us because we are the government's wallet.

2000s and ice caps, don't recall that being 10 years except in worst case scenario and requiring a lot of extra assistance but the ever ensmallening Arctic cap does not look like it will be re-embiggening any time soon so that's just a matter of timescale.

2010s rain forests gone in 10 years, that's one I don't remember seeing even from the most alarmist shouty people on the subject, but something that still needs to be slowed down with some significant urgency.

TLDR taxes suck and it's a decent cynical angle on the subject, but doesn't seem to tally with what comes to mind.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I've seen the 'in 10 years' meme crop up in various forms in several places now and it's annoying because whilst I like the cynicism as regards taxes, the list of points gets a reaction of furrowed brow, not 'yeah right on' like it should.
The below based on reaction/memory because it's a meme, not something where you are invited to go and look things up.

(another one that turned into an essay, sorry... Scroll on byyyy...)

From a tweet date January this year:

60s and ten years of oil left - I don't remember a lot of the 60s because I wasn't actually there the whole time, but a search suggests this was one person one time caught off guard and pulling a number out of his arse, once. Not sure the relevance to taxes unless the world was already being run by OPEC.
(I do remember in the 70s/80s it was permanently around 30-40 years, question about how it was always that far away was answered with wtte that's why the exploration bit is important, if they don't keep finding more that's how long what we have found will last).

70s and ice age, I remember stuff about it but not that it was definitely coming and about to fall on our heads or if it was it wouldn't be as bad as the last one. Don't remember what was going to be done about that but then I wasn't anywhere western for a lot of this anyway so might have missed the main OMG bits. Pretty sure we all had to pay for our own loft insulation cavity wall filling etc, not sure what that would do to taxes.

80s and acid rain, I do remember stuff about parts of forests being killed off by it and we mostly headed this off but not before large areas of land had to be shifted to different crops because of the soil pH change. Needed lots of expensive filtering etc to fix, costs of manufacture production went up, consumers hate paying more so government foots the bill, and we are the government's wallet.

90s and the ozone layer, we actually successfully turned this one around before we all got burnt. Unfortunately this meant more expensive refrigerants and expensive disposal of old refrigerants and since we as consumers refuse to pay for anything, governments ended up having to foot the bill, so that's paid for by us because we are the government's wallet.

2000s and ice caps, don't recall that being 10 years except in worst case scenario and requiring a lot of extra assistance but the ever ensmallening Arctic cap does not look like it will be re-embiggening any time soon so that's just a matter of timescale.

2010s rain forests gone in 10 years, that's one I don't remember seeing even from the most alarmist shouty people on the subject, but something that still needs to be slowed down with some significant urgency.

TLDR taxes suck and it's a decent cynical angle on the subject, but doesn't seem to tally with what comes to mind.
Yeah I saw this 'in 10 years' meme too, with its cringe heading 'Awake yet?' I never understand global heating/climate change deniers. They'll often advocate clean eating/non-gm foods (nothing wrong with that) yet deny there are environmental changes happening which place the growing of key food at great risk. I read of a study the other days that found that insects, especially bees, are moving further 'upland' at a rate of about a meter a year, due to increasing temperatures in valleys and lower-lying areas, which is potentially disastrous for pollination of crops and flowers, in fact our whole ecosystem.
You'll get people who say, 'how can there be global warming, it's only xx degrees today where I live' which imo is on the same level as 'you can't feel the Earth spinning round and coffee doesn't slosh around in my cup therefore Earth can't be round so it's flat!' 😩😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
To think that the UFOs and aliens discussion is slowly reigniting and people would still rather discuss COVID, whatever is going on in American politics or domestically and how it's all scary deep state stuff

I just want the fun conspiracy chats back 😭 COVID and this QAnon stuff has really ruined it

• Haha
  • Heart