Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I blame Trump for a lot of it (not all obviously!) but his approach is to never take accountability. If someone accuses him of anything, he just says "fake news!" and his followers lap it up.

Russia is similar - even when they do something obvious like poison Sergei and Yulia Skripal, they just say "this is an utter lie" and their citizens either never know about it, or if they do, they just believe Putin and his lackeys.
I think it existed before Trump, but he's so far over the top with it, and gets publicity when he does it, that he makes it worse.

Reactions: 4
Nahhhh I actually thought that the whole ‘pureblood’ thing was a joke until I saw these 💀
FE990559-D500-4E90-8732-7D7B548259AB.jpeg

6368DD19-2BDB-437F-8EE1-7F88EEA28B9A.jpeg

Peak antivax cringe
---
ETA it always makes me laugh when CTists complain about being censored online, that reddit group has like 10k people and the r/conspiracy group has nearly 2 million

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I do wonder myself about that. I think there's an odd control of speech going on that I can't quite explain as well, but it's like on some platforms the entire middle between believer in something without question and conspiracy theorist is just missing. Any legitimate concerns or questions are met with flinging the person raising them to one side or the other without exploring what they're asking which isn't useful or progressive at all.
A lot of it will depend on how the question is asked, followed by any particular basis for the question and whether at first glance it seems to be coming from an angle that's going to then lead into some other perhaps not so genuinely innocent angle.

Certainly there's a fair few things that can be placed in the middle of deliberate or accidental, cover-up versus correction, pinpointing blame, denials, leaks, official secrets, commercial secrets, disagreements on which things get emphasised over others etc.

Unfortunately since some places get trolled harder than others, reactions from participants will be on that basis first, before looking at giving someone the benefit of the doubt even if that does come later.

Reactions: 1
Bro fell for a deez nuts joke 😭

Also notice the vape in his hand lol. So terrified to take a vaccine that he’s willing to spend his day stood in the street and spreading fake news about it, yet happy to get periodontitis from inhaling lungfuls vapor filled with one of the most addictive chemicals known to man 🤪

• Haha
Nahhhh I actually thought that the whole ‘pureblood’ thing was a joke until I saw these 💀
View attachment 2167066
View attachment 2167069
Peak antivax cringe
---
ETA it always makes me laugh when CTists complain about being censored online, that reddit group has like 10k people and the r/conspiracy group has nearly 2 million
Definitely not a joke unfortunately. My family are anti-vax (ALL vax not just Covid) and refer to themselves as pure bloods.
My mum BEGGED me not to get the Covid jab while I was “of childbearing age” because she believed it would cause infertility, a higher percentage of stillborn risk, miscarriages, birth defects, etc. I made my own decision and ended up getting it. 9 months later I had a healthy full term baby, and all the females in my family who got vaccinated have also since gone on to have healthy full term babies. So her scaremongering was for nothing.
I actually don’t even want to think about what she would have had to say if anything DID go wrong though.

Pretty gross to hear them talk even to this day though about people who got vaccinated, and to know they’re talking about their own daughter 🤮

I could tell plenty of similar stories. It’s so embarrassing to be a part of this family sometimes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Definitely not a joke unfortunately. My family are anti-vax (ALL vax not just Covid) and refer to themselves as pure bloods.
My mum BEGGED me not to get the Covid jab while I was “of childbearing age” because she believed it would cause infertility, a higher percentage of stillborn risk, miscarriages, birth defects, etc. I made my own decision and ended up getting it. 9 months later I had a healthy full term baby, and all the females in my family who got vaccinated have also since gone on to have healthy full term babies. So her scaremongering was for nothing.
I actually don’t even want to think about what she would have had to say if anything DID go wrong though.

Pretty gross to hear them talk even to this day though about people who got vaccinated, and to know they’re talking about their own daughter 🤮

I could tell plenty of similar stories. It’s so embarrassing to be a part of this family sometimes.
Sorry to hear that; it sounds terrible. I had my covid vaccines, but I would never have tried to convince family or friends to either get the vaccines or not to. I've always said it should be down to personal choice.

I don't know your mum, but I imagine if you'd begged her to get the vaccines, she'd have told you an emphatic no, so I don't see why she then thinks it's OK to push her views on you.
---
This CT is violently American. 🫠

And the plane catching up to an airport thing is a new one for me.
Clearly no one told this person brevity is important.

I like how they think someone's actually going to read all that. Even if they had the eyesight to do it, I'd be worried they'd cause an accident if they tried!

Reactions: 8
Sorry to hear that; it sounds terrible. I had my covid vaccines, but I would never have tried to convince family or friends to either get the vaccines or not to. I've always said it should be down to personal choice.

I don't know your mum, but I imagine if you'd begged her to get the vaccines, she'd have told you an emphatic no, so I don't see why she then thinks it's OK to push her views on you.
---

Clearly no one told this person brevity is important.

I like how they think someone's actually going to read all that. Even if they had the eyesight to do it, I'd be worried they'd cause an accident if they tried!
I asked her to get a whooping cough vaccine for my children and you’d almost think I asked her to chop 10 years off her life.
The extreme views and opinions of people who are deep in the conspiracy theory hole is hard to live with. They are VERY selfish and small minded people.

• Heart
A girl I went to school with posted this on her insta story just now, apparently she is a part of the team currently working on this project. The aim is to try and collect information about scientists & doctors views on vaccination (other similar studies suggest 90-99% of doctors believe that covid vaccines are safe and effective, no surprise obv) and to then use this information to promote vaccine campaigns and influence public policy. Apparently early research has already shown that even just letting people know that doctors are backing the vaccines leads to increased vaccine uptake. It is interesting as a lot of antivaxers seem convinced that healthcare professionals are antivax (which is obv not true) and I often see them saying stuff like “loads of healthcare professionals don’t agree with the vaccines, all of the doctors at my local hospital say they’d never take it.
It’s definitely good to see that there’s actual research going on at the moment to try and find effective ways to reduce the spread of misinformation and combat myths about vaccines!

A girl I went to school with posted this on her insta story just now, apparently she is a part of the team currently working on this project. The aim is to try and collect information about scientists & doctors views on vaccination (other similar studies suggest 90-99% of doctors believe that covid vaccines are safe and effective, no surprise obv) and to then use this information to promote vaccine campaigns and influence public policy. Apparently early research has already shown that even just letting people know that doctors are backing the vaccines leads to increased vaccine uptake. It is interesting as a lot of antivaxers seem convinced that healthcare professionals are antivax (which is obv not true) and I often see them saying stuff like “loads of healthcare professionals don’t agree with the vaccines, all of the doctors at my local hospital say they’d never take it.
It’s definitely good to see that there’s actual research going on at the moment to try and find effective ways to reduce the spread of misinformation and combat myths about vaccines!

[/URL]
When the Covid vaccine first came out apparently a lot of doctors and nurses lost their jobs because it became mandatory. I have no doubt that a lot probably did, but we definitely didn’t lose any doctors in our small town like it was rumoured and the hospital is still operating at its usual capacity of healthcare workers. Same with aged care 🤷🏼‍♀️

I reckon these CT’s hear of ONE person who has opted out and like Chinese whispers the story gets more and more elaborate. They never have facts to back it up of course.

Reactions: 9

They twist it both ways, though.

It's either as you say - ie lots of doctors won't take it and think it's dangerous. Or, when they're told about doctors who recommend the vaccines, they'll just say that most doctors are no good these days and just prescribe drugs willy nilly to get money from big pharma. 🥴

• Sad
When the Covid vaccine first came out apparently a lot of doctors and nurses lost their jobs because it became mandatory. I have no doubt that a lot probably did, but we definitely didn’t lose any doctors in our small town like it was rumoured and the hospital is still operating at its usual capacity of healthcare workers. Same with aged care 🤷🏼‍♀️

I reckon these CT’s hear of ONE person who has opted out and like Chinese whispers the story gets more and more elaborate. They never have facts to back it up of course.
Yeah, I understood the hesitancy 3 years ago when the vaccine was first introduced, however it’s now 2023, billions of vaccine doses have been administered and it has been proven to be safe and effective. So if you’re still out here claiming it isn’t then you shouldn’t be operating as a healthcare professional imo.

They twist it both ways, though.

It's either as you say - ie lots of doctors won't take it and think it's dangerous. Or, when they're told about doctors who recommend the vaccines, they'll just say that most doctors are no good these days and just prescribe drugs willy nilly to get money from big pharma. 🥴
I think this technique is more for stopping the average ‘normal’ person from falling for CV misinformation though, as in those who still have a relatively high level of trust in healthcare professionals and scientists, but may be hesitant to take a vaccine because of some fake news they’ve seen on social media.
It won’t work on hard core antivaxers who have made believing in CTs their entire personality, they’re too far gone lmao.

• Haha
Problem now is every "premature death" (I would argue may celebrities die younger anyway, just look at 2016!) is struck with accusations that this is the great reset they talked about and everyone who got the jab is dropping dead. Obviously, while there is an increase in excess deaths, there is no proof it is the vaccine. In fact, two years on, it's unlikely to be, given that covid casss swept the world at the end of last year and early half of this year and most people have now had an infection. We know covid is a multi faceted disease with impact on many organs, and the circulatory system and the heart is particularly affected. Long covid is way more of an issue than vaccine deaths.

I mean, they even said it about the Queen - she was 96, and Paul O'Grady, who had numerous health issues. 🙄

Reactions: 7
Problem now is every "premature death" (I would argue may celebrities die younger anyway, just look at 2016!) is struck with accusations that this is the great reset they talked about and everyone who got the jab is dropping dead. Obviously, while there is an increase in excess deaths, there is no proof it is the vaccine. In fact, two years on, it's unlikely to be, given that covid casss swept the world at the end of last year and early half of this year and most people have now had an infection. We know covid is a multi faceted disease with impact on many organs, and the circulatory system and the heart is particularly affected. Long covid is way more of an issue than vaccine deaths.

I mean, they even said it about the Queen - she was 96, and Paul O'Grady, who had numerous health issues. 🙄
I remember people saying the elites were killing celebs in 2016 who 'knew too much '

• Wow
Oh no another one of those fact checking things about proving something is fake!

Though as a confession, when I first saw the picture I didn't actually recognise it as the pentagon, it's been so long since I last saw the building I had forgotten it had such a fancy front so my first reaction when I saw the alleged explosion pic was "'eh? That's not the pentagon" so from my own POV the fake was an immediate fail but for entirely the wrong reason...

Reactions: 1
Oh no another one of those fact checking things about proving something is fake!

Though as a confession, when I first saw the picture I didn't actually recognise it as the pentagon, it's been so long since I last saw the building I had forgotten it had such a fancy front so my first reaction when I saw the alleged explosion pic was "'eh? That's not the pentagon" so from my own POV the fake was an immediate fail but for entirely the wrong reason...
Thing is, it's not peculiar to AI. How long have photoshopped images done the rounds on Twitter long before AI generated images were a thing?

Some of them are done for humour, whereas others are intended to be deceptive. Personally speaking, I treat most things on the internet with a healthy dose of scepticism which I learnt to do not that long after I first started using it many years ago. :D

That's the thing I've never understood; many conspiracy theorists will say things like "the masses blindly believe anything MSM tells them :rolleyes: " and while that's true for some people, I know plenty of people like me who don't believe in the majority of CTs, but also cast a critical eye over claims made by media outlets. Whereas they often seem to think they're the only ones who 'question' things.

• Heart
One of my relatives has just been diagnosed with a rare, chronic neurological condition which is pretty serious, though luckily not life-threatening at this stage. Very worrying all the same . This is one of my relations who was vehemently against the covid-jab, thought covid was a hoax and a government plot and is deeply into many CTs. Despite our differing views this is someone I love very much and we are close, even if it's been hard on both sides navigating this disparity of opinions.

After hearing the news of their illness I actually thought to myself, thank goodness they didnt have the covid vaccines, or else there's a chance they might blame this rare, unpleasant illness on the jabs (it's quite likely they'd go along with this line of thinking because they already believe it of other people 🙁) I'm fully aware the vaccine has had adverse events, in rare cases serious ones. But it is maddening how certain quarters have for months/years? now been jumping to conclusions about mass vaccine injuries and deaths. What's happened with my relative shows, anecdotally, that this health tit happens all the time. Tens of millions of people in the UK had multiple covid vaccines and yes, some of them had strokes, heart attacks, cancer diagnoses or even died in the days, weeks or months following - but that doesn't imply causality!! Not when the rollout was on such a huge population scale and adverse events so proportionately few.

Btw it took me a while to realise (been away a couple of times lately) that the vaccine thread is perm locked and CT thread 'relocated'. Thought it was quieter on my notifications! Don't want to derail here but it shows, sadly, how ultimately self-destructive, as proved, that whole aggressive quote-posting out of context was - horrible sm etiquette. 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 12