Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yes, a lot of them are grifters. I saw ex footballer Matt Le Tissier (who's gone very CT) is posting about vitamins with discount codes, and he gets plenty of replies from arse kissers along the lines of: "just ordered 5 bottles hun, can't wait to try them, keep doing what ur doing xxx" šŸ„“
Bizarrely another ex Southampton player has also jumped on the CT train, Rickie Lambert.

Reactions: 5
Yeah I bet this guy won't be asked back to GB News! It was funny to see Oliver flailing. He's so used to his echo chamber on Twitter and the GB News couch that when his nonsense was pointed out directly to him he couldn't cope. It was like he started to malfunction. :D

I completely agree with a crackdown on HCPs who use their titles to attempt to add legitimacy to their posts. It could make vulnerable people more likely to believe anything they type - which is quite sinister. You can guarantee Elon won't do anything though, as he'd say it was limiting their "free speech".

I agree many of them are probably lying about their credentials (given the amount of tweets some of them churn out daily) or are being disingenuous - eg using "Dr" in their title/username when they've got a PhD, and aren't a medical doctor. While it's factually correct, using one's title in that way while churning out medical tweets *IS* misleading. Academic titles aren't relevant on Twitter. I've got a degree, imagine what a tool I'd look like if I added the letters of my degree to my Twitter username. šŸ˜‚

And yes, a lot of them are grifters. I saw ex footballer Matt Le Tissier (who's gone very CT) is posting about vitamins with discount codes, and he gets plenty of replies from arse kissers along the lines of: "just ordered 5 bottles hun, can't wait to try them, keep doing what ur doing xxx" šŸ„“
Omg Matt Le Tissier is such a scum bag. He was all over twitter when Eriksen had a heart attack during the euros claiming it was caused by the vaccine, then it turned out that he hadnā€™t even been vaccinated. I donā€™t really get why you would trust and buy from someone who admitted to putting massive bets on matches he was playing in either lmao, guy is a blatant scammer.
Gary Neville follows quite a few CT pages as well actually I noticed recently actually.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Bizarrely another ex Southampton player has also jumped on the CT train, Rickie Lambert.
I just did some investigating and read that he said show gratitude to water will make it clean.

Surely a mickey take?
---
Omg Matt Le Tissier is such a scum bag. He was all over twitter when Eriksen had a heart attack during the euros claiming it was caused by the vaccine, then it turned out that he hadnā€™t even been vaccinated. I donā€™t really get why you would trust and buy from someone who admitted to putting massive bets on matches he was playing in either lmao, guy is a blatant scammer.
Gary Neville follows quite a few CT pages as well actually I noticed recently actually.
I don't know much about what he was like in his footballing days, so maybe he was always a bit of a conspiracy theorist, although Twitter and the like seem to propagate so much of it, I suspect even if he had an interest in CTs it wouldn't have been quite the same as now.

I think the grifting is evidenced by how these people talk about little else. It's very rare you'll scroll through their tweets and find a vareity of comments, they just churn out repetitive tweets and very rarely change subjects.

I had a look at one the other day - a 'doctor' from Denmark - and among all her conspiracy theory posts were many whinging tweets about how she hadn't got any money from this new scheme where prolific verified tweeters were getting payouts. Her moaning could have been summed as up "but I do so much grifting and I thought I'd got it right, but my payout was $0 while X got $22,000 and his tweets weren't viewed as much as mine". Could you be any more transparent?!

Last edited:

As an aside, always amazes me that he was in a relationship with Emily Symonds - aka Marilyn from Home and Away/Louise from Emmerdale.

• Haha
  • Wow
I just did some investigating and read that he said show gratitude to water will make it clean.

Surely a mickey take?
---

I don't know much about what he was like in his footballing days, so maybe he was always a bit of a conspiracy theorist, although Twitter and the like seem to propagate so much of it, I suspect even if he had an interest in CTs it wouldn't have been quite the same as now.

I think the grifting is evidenced by how these people talk about little else. It's very rare you'll scroll through their tweets and find a vareity of comments, they just churn out repetitive tweets and very rarely change subjects.

I had a look at one the other day - a 'doctor' from Denmark - and among all her conspiracy theory posts were many whinging tweets about how she hadn't got any money from this new scheme where prolific verified tweeters were getting payouts. Her moaning could have been summed as up "but I do so much grifting and I thought I'd got it right, but my payout was $0 while X got $22,000 and his tweets weren't viewed as much as mine". Could you be any more transparent?!
Nah me neither, their football careers were before my time tbf, I mainly know them as pundits (or ex pundit in Le Tissierā€™s case lmao).
Yeah honestly, once you see the grift a lot of these ā€˜celebritiesā€™ and influencers who heavily promote conspiracy theories are pulling, you realize just how lucrative it is. Most influencers manipulate their followers into opening their pockets for merch, books or just giving donations to gofundmeā€™s for dubious causes, but I imagine if youā€™re an influencer with a large following of CTists then theyā€™re even easier to manipulate as theyā€™re so committed to their views and beliefs.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
One of our most annoying celebrity CTs has to be chef Pete Evans. He started off relatively normal but then discovered activated almonds which led to his downfall, IMO.

He went off like a frog in a sock during lockdown and ended up being fined a total of $100,000+ for shilling some vibration machine, claiming it cleaned the air of Covid particles or some such rubbish.

For a country with a population of only 22 million we have a lot of dickheads.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Sad to hear at the weekend that Lisa Marie Presley's autopsy results confirmed her cause of death as complications from bariatric surgery - scar tissue in her bowel from a weight loss operation, plus some opioids in her system, probably pain relief. Absolutely awful. Remember the heartless sods on twitter pouncing as soon as her death was announced with their 'definitely the covid vaccine' and 'šŸ’‰šŸ’‰' emojis. Sick. šŸ™

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Haha I see Cartland is crying again because a bunch of doctors have reported him to the GMC for spreading misinformation about vaccines. Good for them, individuals like him are bringing the entire profession into disrepute.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've lived through some unbelievably hot days, one 46c and one 48c. For where I live, that is brutal. The 46 degree day also triggered bushfires which killed 173 people, countless native and domestic animals and destroyed over 2,000 homes.
We've been lucky the last couple of summers, due to a La NiƱa effect it hasn't been as hot but I'm dreading the next summer season.

Anyone asking"What about the Ice Age, what was that?" can't deny that pumping filth into the air and water isn't going to have a catastrophic effect, despite how the weather has been changeable since the beginning of time?
Unless you're one of those Jesus-on-a-dinosaur dudes who thinks the earth is only 6,000 years old, of course.

Excuse my rambling, I'm running on tea and vape juice due to my husband snoring up a storm and 13 kg cats thinking my head is a good source of heat.
Not exactly about that but the belief rather than the earth is flat (personally fascinated why someone can be so quite frankly and blunt stupid and ignorant), rather is a myth that people certainly in the medieval period and prior (up to a point) thought the earth was flat, since about 240BCE most educated people knew the Earth isn't, was a Greek Mathematician Eratosthenes in exactly that year whom calculated the circumference of Earth with remarkable accuracy and not only that it had a tilt, again with amazing accuracy.

The likely hood of the increased number of people who thought people before them believed the Earth wasn't spherical came quite essentially from some of those in the Victorian era when looking at paintings like The Garden of Earthly Delights (does have a globe looking object in it (like a dome) with a flat plane of Earth within it in the painting, giving them the idea that people 100s of years prior thought it was flat, but most educated people didn't.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Surely a mickey take?
Youā€™d think, but he seems to believe it. Heā€™s full-on ant-vax, was on a CT podcast when he said that, and has #thegreatawakening in his profile.

Not exactly about that but the belief rather than the earth is flat (personally fascinated why someone can be so quite frankly and blunt stupid and ignorant), rather is a myth that people certainly in the medieval period and prior (up to a point) thought the earth was flat, since about 240BCE most educated people knew the Earth isn't, was a Greek Mathematician Eratosthenes in exactly that year whom calculated the circumference of Earth with remarkable accuracy and not only that it had a tilt, again with amazing accuracy.

The likely hood of the increased number of people who thought people before them believed the Earth wasn't spherical came quite essentially from some of those in the Victorian era when looking at paintings like The Garden of Earthly Delights (does have a globe looking object in it (like a dome) with a flat plane of Earth within it in the painting, giving them the idea that people 100s of years prior thought it was flat, but most educated people didn't.
If only grifter rapper B.o.B had been able to raise the money he needed to send a satellite up to space, we couldā€™ve put this entire flat earth thing to bed once and for all!

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41399164.amp

• Haha
Reactions: 3
An interesting bit from this counter-terrorism update:
The governmentā€™s new counter-terrorism strategy, Contest 2023, also warned that conspiracy theories that exploded during the Covid pandemic ā€œcan act as gateways to radicalised thinking and sometimes violenceā€.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...threat-suella-braverman-attacks-b2377284.html

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Has anyone listened to Marianna in Conspiracyland podcast? I'm just a few episodes in but it's quite good and very interesting so far.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone listened to Marianna in Conspiracyland podcast? I'm just a few episodes in but it's quite good and very interesting so far.
Thereā€™s an episode where a very emotional lady starts crying about how sheā€™s trying to save people or something and it left me with a lot of thoughts

Reactions: 1
Thereā€™s an episode where a very emotional lady starts crying about how sheā€™s trying to save people or something and it left me with a lot of thoughts
Yes, I heard that one and I had thoughts too. The angry man shouting over Marianna pissed me off though. It's quite a common reaction for CTs to get all red faced and shouty when their views are questioned.

Ooh Iā€™ve been meaning to listen to this actually, it sounds good from the preview! I feel like itā€™s gonna make me cringe hearing all the CT stuff though, seems like it focuses quite a lot on the pitchfork carrying gang mentality aspect of them.

Ooh Iā€™ve been meaning to listen to this actually, it sounds good from the preview! I feel like itā€™s gonna make me cringe hearing all the CT stuff though, seems like it focuses quite a lot on the pitchfork carrying gang mentality aspect of them.
Yes it does a little but with good reason and it's not just sensationalised, it's quite balanced.
The town (Totnes) is pretty much divided in half regarding their stance on CT subjects. The host gives the CTs plenty of time to air their views, a couple come across as a little unhinged but others are calm.