Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It has to be a joke surely? If she's an actress, maybe it's a skit.
I had wondered, hence my remarks but a revisit doesn't seem to find anything to suggest e.g. ha ha fooled you, she seems to be very antivax (of the 'this is for nuremberg' variety) but can't tell offhand her opinion of chips.

Reactions: 1
Putain after installing the latest upgrade onto his vaccine chip 😁

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dr Ranj sums it up!

I see Malhotra deleted that tweet and posted this instead:

I wonder why the sudden change of tune!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Dr Ranj sums it up!

I see Malhotra deleted that tweet and posted this instead:

I wonder why the sudden change of tune!
This one is really annoying me tbh. Paul had 3 heart attacks (the first in 2002) and was suffering from renal failure at the time of his death. He didn’t die suddenly at all, he had serious health issues for years.
Just because he had the strength to keep on going and looked ok on the telly, doesn’t mean he was actually heathy. People need to understand this.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This one is really annoying me tbh. Paul had 3 heart attacks (the first in 2002) and was suffering from renal failure at the time of his death. He didn’t die suddenly at all, he had serious health issues for years.
Just because he had the strength to keep on going and looked ok on the telly, doesn’t mean he was actually heathy. People need to understand this.
Exactly. Exploiting deaths like this is just terrible and disrespectful to the family. I just hope they’re able to avoid it.

Reactions: 9
Plus both parents died young of heart problems, so genetics could have been a contributing factor.

I don’t know if this really falls into the realm of conspiracy theories, but did anyone see this?

These pictures of the Pope in a white puffa coat went viral recently, and it turns out they were AI generated images.

Usually AI images look so weird to me straight away, but with this one I didn’t look too closely and thought it was real. It freaks me out a bit.

E6AD9928-7215-455B-BE8F-99923E938197.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I don’t know if this really falls into the realm of conspiracy theories, but did anyone see this?

These pictures of the Pope in a white puffa coat went viral recently, and it turns out they were AI generated images.

Usually AI images look so weird to me straight away, but with this one I didn’t look too closely and thought it was real. It freaks me out a bit.

View attachment 2067449
It concerns me that AI images/deepfakes will be used to wrongly incriminate people as 'evidence', eventually the pictures will be highly convincing. Tinfoil hats or not, this is tangibly worrying, we live in a world where we all casually scroll so at first glance will see these untruths and interpret them as truth 😮

Reactions: 13
Sorry to be 'that person', but I honestly thought that image was a fake the first time I saw it. Though I assumed it had been created for comedic purposes, rather than by someone who intended to pass it off as genuine.

I mean, it's a thick oversized puffa jacket you'd expect to see on someone a lot younger. Plus as if he'd have his cross dangling outside it. 😂

That said, I know there are deep fakes that are created for more sinister purposes. The Capture on BBC One was based around that if anyone saw it.

It concerns me that AI images/deepfakes will be used to wrongly incriminate people as 'evidence', eventually the pictures will be highly convincing. Tinfoil hats or not, this is tangibly worrying, we live in a world where we all casually scroll so at first glance will see these untruths and interpret them as truth 😮
I agree. AI images are getting better and better, especially the video ones! I have definitely seen a few on tiktok recently of politicians which I have thought were real, then gone to the comments and seen people being like lmaoooo it’s fake.

Reactions: 8
Sorry to be 'that person', but I honestly thought that image was a fake the first time I saw it. Though I assumed it had been created for comedic purposes, rather than by someone who intended to pass it off as genuine.

I mean, it's a thick oversized puffa jacket you'd expect to see on someone a lot younger. Plus as if he'd have his cross dangling outside it. 😂

That said, I know there are deep fakes that are created for more sinister purposes. The Capture on BBC One was based around that if anyone saw it.
Yes the puffer jacket one specifically didn’t fool me, but if it was him wearing his usual robes but in a location he’s never been, it could be convincing, especially if you don’t spend long scrutinising the photo for tells. I can see these generated images used as evidence against people.

Reactions: 3
As a 'rule of thumb' I've always worked on the basis that about 10% of the population are likely to believe a conspiracy theory. Based on this article it seems I was approximately correct in respect of any individual theory but that the proportion of the UK population that believe one conspiracy theory or another is much higher. I'm feeling a bit left out now and looking for something to 'believe'.

• Heart
As a 'rule of thumb' I've always worked on the basis that about 10% of the population are likely to believe a conspiracy theory. Based on this article it seems I was approximately correct in respect of any individual theory but that the proportion of the UK population that believe one conspiracy theory or another is much higher. I'm feeling a bit left out now and looking for something to 'believe'.

[/URL]
If it makes you feel any better, that survey doesn’t seem very credible. It’s unclear how many people were surveyed, where they are from, what age group they are, etc etc.

Reactions: 4
If it makes you feel any better, that survey doesn’t seem very credible. It’s unclear how many people were surveyed, where they are from, what age group they are, etc etc.
When a study is missing basic research parameters I tend to take it with a large pinch of salt!

Reactions: 8
I was thinking the same. I checked out the company they have used to do it and they are a legitimate organization which is accredited by the British Polling Council, you can see on their website the sort of research they carry out and the methods they use to do it. However I do find it strange that this blog has written about the results of the survey but haven’t actually included a link to the results. This particular survey doesn’t appear anywhere on their site either and they do seem to report the results of the polls they do.

Reactions: 3
I was thinking the same. I checked out the company they have used to do it and they are a legitimate organization which is accredited by the British Polling Council, you can see on their website the sort of research they carry out and the methods they use to do it. However I do find it strange that this blog has written about the results of the survey but haven’t actually included a link to the results. This particular survey doesn’t appear anywhere on their site either and they do seem to report the results of the polls they do.
Ooh, the plot thickens! Thank you for digging deeper!

And again we have a celebrity death of someone under 50 and it's "omg, so COMMON now, it must be the vaccines!!! Why are all these young people dying?" Most of the recent ones were either related to cancer or drug/alcohol abuse, it's a sad fact of life that this happens

• Sad
Reactions: 11
And again we have a celebrity death of someone under 50 and it's "omg, so COMMON now, it must be the vaccines!!! Why are all these young people dying?" Most of the recent ones were either related to cancer or drug/alcohol abuse, it's a sad fact of life that this happens
Yes, within minutes they're on Twitter giving off about sudden deaths. My cousin dropped dead a few years ago (pre covid) at 32, a friend of a friend dropped dead at uni from an undiagnosed heart problem. My husband's sister died as a young child in her sleep. His grandfather died at 42 of a heart attack.

We work with a guy who died recently of a heart attack in his 40s. He'd been morbidly obese, had lost a lot of weight but the damage had been done.

People immediately shouting about vaccines are so insensitive and miss wider issues of heart health, the impact covid infections themselves have had on health, and as you say when it comes to celebrities often it's drugs or suicide.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes, within minutes they're on Twitter giving off about sudden deaths. My cousin dropped dead a few years ago (pre covid) at 32, a friend of a friend dropped dead at uni from an undiagnosed heart problem. My husband's sister died as a young child in her sleep. His grandfather died at 42 of a heart attack.

We work with a guy who died recently of a heart attack in his 40s. He'd been morbidly obese, had lost a lot of weight but the damage had been done.

People immediately shouting about vaccines are so insensitive and miss wider issues of heart health, the impact covid infections themselves have had on health, and as you say when it comes to celebrities often it's drugs or suicide.
I can think of 7 people, aged between 15 and 60, that died very suddenly pre-COVID. These are people with a personal connection to me or my family. They were all apparently fit and healthy, still working or at school. 6 were heart-related, but for the 7th no cause could be found (it wasn't suspicious).

Sadly, these things do happen. It was very traumatic for the family, who not only lost an apparently healthy loved one, but didn't have any closure from the post-mortem. If that happened now, they would probably have the extra stress of the anti vax brigade claiming that was the cause.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
And again we have a celebrity death of someone under 50
And over 50. I seem to remember people saying it about someone who was like 80. I'm pretty sure I saw someone say it about The Queen, ffs (although it's *possible* that one was a joke)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.