Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah he's trying to say it's a 'climate lockdown' whereas it's a planned traffic control. People can still walk, cycle, get the bus, go on the train anywhere - they just couldn't use their car.

I could understand if people objected to it on freedom grounds - ie "I bought my car and should be able to drive it when I want", but he's trying to evoke emotion by deliberately and disingenuously using the word "lockdown".

It just makes me laugh when they criticise the media but he doesn't mind putting out tweets that deliberately mislead.
Real world consequences of scaremongering doom fantasy :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Real world consequences of scaremongering doom fantasy :(
Yeah exactly. I see that article links a tweet from a Tory councillor who disagrees with the proposals but is still having to tell people to attack the actual plans, rather than conspiracy theories.

But the CTists are so convinced that "they" are out to get us that they'll quite happily believe (and spread) such nonsense. When challenged, some say "this is how it starts!" as though it's OK to tweet misinformation if you believe that's how things will end up.

Do any of them ever say: "oops I should have read a bit more about that"? I'm yet to see one, but I hold out hope!

Reactions: 7
Yeah exactly. I see that article links a tweet from a Tory councillor who disagrees with the proposals but is still having to tell people to attack the actual plans, rather than conspiracy theories.

But the CTists are so convinced that "they" are out to get us that they'll quite happily believe (and spread) such nonsense. When challenged, some say "this is how it starts!" as though it's OK to tweet misinformation if you believe that's how things will end up.

Do any of them ever say: "oops I should have read a bit more about that"? I'm yet to see one, but I hold out hope!
In a word, no!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
View attachment 1818171

Found this amusing lol, thought you lot would too
That's a good one and it's been long raised as the main reason that CTs are very unlikely to be real.

The flat earth theory is a classic example. How much co-operation would that take? And with no actual reason (after all, what benefit would telling people the world was round when it was actually flat have?)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if they genuinely think the covid vaccine is responsible for almost every death of those under 80. They seem to link any reported death to the vaccine apart from only those that obviously weren’t (eg murders). As though people never died before covid vaccines.

I think it’s more that they want to be right with their theory that the vaccine will massively increase the death rate (some day deliberately so) and therefore they’re clutching at any straw.

Reactions: 9

Which is ironic. Because “it” (if “it” is defined as suspension of democracy, human rights, and personal freedoms) always starts from the spreading of outright lies, the rejection of science, and the hounding of democratically elected politicians.

Most CTers are what they hate most, but are quite literally to blind to see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wonder if they genuinely think the covid vaccine is responsible for almost every death of those under 80. They seem to link any reported death to the vaccine apart from only those that obviously weren’t (eg murders). As though people never died before covid vaccines.

I think it’s more that they want to be right with their theory that the vaccine will massively increase the death rate (some day deliberately so) and therefore they’re clutching at any straw.
It's so grim keeping seeing anyone's death being dumped onto a vaccine thread, or ghoulish 'was he jabbed' replies on twitter feeds. Today it's Terry Hall from The Specials, who's had a lifetime of very poor mental and physical health. Suspect it's liver cancer or cirrhosis. He tried to kill himself in 2014 too. But I shouldn't speculate or I'm as bad as those citing the vaccine... We'll find out the casue of death in time, when the family say it can be released. RIP Terry. 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It's so grim keeping seeing anyone's death being dumped onto a vaccine thread, or ghoulish 'was he jabbed' replies on twitter feeds. Today it's Terry Hall from The Specials, who's had a lifetime of very poor mental and physical health. Suspect it's liver cancer or cirrhosis. He tried to kill himself in 2014 too. But I shouldn't speculate or I'm as bad as those citing the vaccine... We'll find out the casue of death in time, when the family say it can be released. RIP Terry. 💔
Yeah exactly. I fully understand why families don't want to state details of their loved one's deaths to the media. After all, it's private information that the public has no right to know.

But sadly some conspiracy theorists take that vagueness as a sure sign the death was vaccine related. "What are they not telling us??" if you will.

I try to keep away from most of it now, but I expect even if it's later confirmed the person wasn't vaccinated, or more details of their death is provided and it's clearly not related to a vaccine, they'll still try and spin it or say things like "this is probably fake, after all, they're not gonna admit it!" I suspect some of them would hound the family, too.

• Sad
Yeah exactly. I fully understand why families don't want to state details of their loved one's deaths to the media. After all, it's private information that the public has no right to know.

But sadly some conspiracy theorists take that vagueness as a sure sign the death was vaccine related. "What are they not telling us??" if you will.

I try to keep away from most of it now, but I expect even if it's later confirmed the person wasn't vaccinated, or more details of their death is provided and it's clearly not related to a vaccine, they'll still try and spin it or say things like "this is probably fake, after all, they're not gonna admit it!" I suspect some of them would hound the family, too.
I feel for people who experience this tbh. I can't imagine losing a loved one and then having to justify their death

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I feel for people who experience this tbh. I can't imagine losing a loved one and then having to justify their death
Yeah, it's ridiculous really that people think it's okay to say stuff like that. Most of them probably wouldn't dare say it in person, probably because of the whole "Buzz Aldrin punching a conspiracy theorist who claimed he never went to the moon" thing.

Reactions: 4
Pancreactic cancer

• Sad
I find it exhausting that I can't even go to a platform meant for fandom without people spamming the crap out of it with dodgy links to rubbish articles peddling all sorts of scaremongering lies. I am so tired of it. The mods on the site are good about freezing the discussions/banning people, but still. Get a hobby, losers.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I lost a good friend suddenly in their 30s to an undiagnosed cardiac issue. Told a friend who promptly replied were they vaccinated?? Then went on to say how many young fit people are dying. Like no lets be respectful and have some sympathy... Makes me so mad.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I chose not to give my 5 year old the Covid vaccination for my own reasons- mainly because the nearest vaccination centre is a 2 hour drive away- and one of the school mums was like “oh I’m so happy you’ve seen sense and stopped vaccinating!” Two weeks later he had his flu vaccination and she said “I honestly thought better of you.” As she’s standing there with a cigarette in hand, and a four pack of fosters in a carrier bag. Okay love you do you, yeah?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I lost a good friend suddenly in their 30s to an undiagnosed cardiac issue. Told a friend who promptly replied were they vaccinated?? Then went on to say how many young fit people are dying. Like no lets be respectful and have some sympathy... Makes me so mad.
Saw a tiktok saying how when they first started reporting covid deaths all the CTs spoke about were peoples comorbidities.

Now no one talks about pre existing health or lifestyle or genetics. It's vaccine and nothing else.

I chose not to give my 5 year old the Covid vaccination for my own reasons- mainly because the nearest vaccination centre is a 2 hour drive away- and one of the school mums was like “oh I’m so happy you’ve seen sense and stopped vaccinating!” Two weeks later he had his flu vaccination and she said “I honestly thought better of you.” As she’s standing there with a cigarette in hand, and a four pack of fosters in a carrier bag. Okay love you do you, yeah?
Some people are so pushy and rude! I'd never dream of saying something like that. Some strange people about.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.