Anti Conspiracy Theories #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, one more year to go - enjoy it!

Also can we stop to twist the meaning of words like holocaust/genocide/nazi/fascism/totalitarian? I see them used incorrectly by all sides at the moment - it's shameful and we are losing the reality they are describing when using them just to shock.

20220328_202640.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
One year to go? I'm just going to eat whatever I want and spend all my retirement money then. I hope there's Tattle in hell, I'll miss you guys. 🔥

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The local area has a conspiracy newspaper that has a list of athletes who have passed away (including the non-famous ones) and they’re obviously blaming that on the vaccine. I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere too a while ago

I do wonder just how closely people used to keep an eye on death statistics for particular groups to begin with. It’s really just a case of grabbing stats for the sake of it

Similar with these celebrities. Drug overdoses and abuse seem fairly common. It’s nothing that new. Was it 2020 (? Or was that just when covid began, I’ve lost sense of time) when a lot of celebrities passed away and it was deemed one of the worst years, wonder what happened there too. Maybe they were testing an early version of covid? 🙄

R.E - Moth’s reply on the conspiracies around the war
Of course they take the most unreasonable/realistic things, so perhaps it’s no wonder none of it seems to have really taken off as their covid conspiracies have
In 2016 many celebrities died . Examples include Bowie, Alan Rickman , George Michael and Prince .

Someone on my fb friends is really into conspiracies and said these celebrities were killed because they were going to let out some secrets about the elite or something like that. Her justification for this is that people like Sinead O'connor ( who often says she feels suicidal ) Keith Richards and Ozzy are still alive.

Reactions: 6
So people are always asking for more light-hearted CTs and although you are all going to tell me that you heard this one years ago I heard it for the first time today.
My favourite light hearted conspiracy was the ghost that appeared in the movie “3 Men And A Baby”.
There’s a scene where a strange figure is in the background. It was meant to be the ghost a boy who died in the house it was filmed in.

Tom Selleck’s explanation below is hilarious. It wasn’t even filmed in a house, “we shot on a soundstage!”

And the “ghost” was a cardboard cutout of Ted Danson!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Almost time for a new thread! My suggestion: Anti Conspiracy Theories #5 “We the Sheeple”.

🐑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Also can we stop to twist the meaning of words like holocaust/genocide/nazi/fascism/totalitarian? I see them used incorrectly by all sides at the moment - it's shameful and we are losing the reality they are describing when using them just to shock.

View attachment 1156778
Is that two years from my first shot? Or two years from my last? I'm not bothered either way, but I'm gonna need to arrange for someone to feed our cats, and put the bins out. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is that two years from my first shot? Or two years from my last? I'm not bothered either way, but I'm gonna need to arrange for someone to feed our cats, and put the bins out. 🙄
Just research which cat food is made to poison cats- dunno the reason but there will be one- and hey presto! You can all rest together in eternity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
So, one year to go and then the unvaccinated shall inherit the earth. Shame they'll all be sealed in their bunkers with the tinned peaches they've been stockpiling for 10 years, and won't be able to come out and celebrate the occasion.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
One year to go? I'm just going to eat whatever I want and spend all my retirement money then. I hope there's Tattle in hell, I'll miss you guys. 🔥
I'm sure there will be ... but only certain threads

View attachment 1156778
The irony is of course that Luc Montagnier won't be around to say "I told you so".

Last night I was reading about 'Nobel Disease' or 'Nobelitis' which is a light-hearted explanation for why winning the prestigious award seems to encourage some to pronounce on issues outside their expertise or adopt pseudoscience

After winning his prize in 2008 for the co-discovery of HIV, Montagnier subsequently went on to embrace homeopathy, claimed that vaccines cause autism and that autism can be treated with antibiotics.

However my favourite is Kary Mullis who won a prize in 1993 for inventing the PCR test to analyse DNA and who recently has been often (mis)quoted by anti-vaxxers to discredit the Covid test. After winning the prize he went on to question the link between AIDS and the HIV virus, deny anthropogenic climate change, professed a belief in astrology and claimed that he once met and spoke to a fluorescent racoon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I would first question if he even had the vaccine because in the late 90s/early 00s they supported Alive and Well which an AIDS denialism thing and even appeared in a documentary for it. Granted he could have changed his mind. He was also was in a coma for a week from a drug overdose, I mean the connection to Covid is so flimsy - are they really that stupid?
HIV is arguably an illness that some people are still really bigoted about. So it doesn’t surprise me that the antivaxxers have made a link to HIV because most of them are (ime) bigoted. They’d be the kind of people who treat people with HIV like lepers. That’s also why they have such an affection for a demagogue like Trump.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The Chris Rock/Will Smith thing being turned into a CT genuinely makes me laugh. 😂

It comes across as a parody as it almost seems to be mocking the idea that everything happening in the media has some ulterior motive behind it. In their world, nothing just happens in celebrity circles, there's always some shadowy reason behind it.

It's silly because it's not unheard of that a man will hit another man who's mocked or insulted his wife (I'm not saying it's acceptable, but it does happen). If a non-celebrity does it, then it's accepted it can happen, but if a celebrity does it then it can't have happened without planning and for some other reason. It's just daft.

• Heart
Man hits other man for disrespecting his wife, if someone said that to me I wouldn’t be like “THIS IS A CONSPIRACY THEY ARE COVERING A MASSIVE WEB OF LIES” nah I’d be like “ah his wife was disrespected and he stood up for her” because I am not a Tin foil hat wearing weirdo who tries to see something in absolutely nothing.

Celebs are also human with emotions and will also have to deal with regular day to day situations that aren’t pleasant because money and fame doesn’t make you immune to such things.

• Heart
Just what are they distracting us from sheeple?! It's all that anybody is talking about!!
The 'partygate' fines. And just to make doubly sure, the Abramovitch story was punted out as well, so the front pages are fully covered and the political elites escape, rubbing their hands with glee and twirling their moustaches and probably also going 'muahahahaha' .

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm sure there will be ... but only certain threads

<snip> anthropogenic climate change, professed a belief in astrology and claimed that he once met and spoke to a fluorescent racoon.
I once did that, don’t know quite how it happened but my hippie friend made me a cheese and mushroom toastie before hand. Weird looking mushrooms. Anyhow I digress I think he was called George. The raccoon, not the friend...

Last edited:
  • Haha

I’ve been quitely reading and not posting much as I’m shocked at all the crap out there and wondering what next? When you think you’ve read it all. 🤦🏻‍♀️

On the Will Smith slapping 👋🏻 Chris Rock being staged - Will Smith has made a public apology on his instagram regarding his behaviour. Also staged? No I don’t think so.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.