Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it very difficult to see a murder or missing person case of any sort being linked to a “they’re trying to distract us” CT theory.
I really hope the families never see tit like that.
I’ve just been reading that. I don’t get how some people’s minds work. How the hell would a tragic murder of someone in the US distract the whole world - and from what. I hope I don’t sound cold because I’m not but, apart from family and friends etc, very few people will be affected by this and it’s certainly not got anything to do with a wider bloody “agenda”🙄

Reactions: 7
I’ve just been reading that. I don’t get how some people’s minds work. How the hell would a tragic murder of someone in the US distract the whole world - and from what. I hope I don’t sound cold because I’m not but, apart from family and friends etc, very few people will be affected by this and it’s certainly not got anything to do with a wider bloody “agenda”🙄
Much like the questions around the Sarah Everard murder it makes me so uncomfortable

Reactions: 5
Just in case any Covid deniers come over here, I tested positive for Covid today and I feel dreadful. I thank fluff that I am fully vaccinated as who knows how I’d feel if I wasn’t!
Oh so sorry you’ve tested positive 🙁 get well very soon 🙏🏻 and take it easy. Look after yourself.

I find it very difficult to see a murder or missing person case of any sort being linked to a “they’re trying to distract us” CT theory.
I really hope the families never see tit like that.
I’ve seen a lot of this and it makes me sick to my stomach. I wish they would it give a rest sometimes, this is taking it too far. 😤 There are already a lot of assumptions circulating on social media and in the news about the whole situation, the last thing anyone needs is to hear the two words ‘conspiracy theories’…😒

I thought this was interesting re immunity and boosters. Admittedly he is only an infectious disease epidemiologist and not a ranting lunatic on YouTube.

Reactions: 4
I'm always pleased by the information garnered from even the most trivial searches and indulging my fetish for following links that say 'as reported earlier/last yesr' and avoiding third hand edited clips so it's nice that this sort of thing is encouraged.

Totally random example, the gas problems were already reported as looming 5+ months ago after the tail end of the winter bit hard, before this summer with its particularly hot weather across Asia which increased demand on the supply from the Russians (who are at the moment still refilling their storage caverns and already long suspected of using this to raise prices to indirectly push approval for a new pipeline approved), and rubbish wind over here so our windmills didn't work properly.

The irrefutibly logical conclusion must thefefore be that it's all down to the Russians, the Chinese, and government weather control.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hey again. Just wondering if people here have heard of Ivor Cummins? Is he legit?
I don't think so I'm afraid. This article from Quillette discusses him and some of his claims amidst a winder discussion re lockdowns and it's a mixed review (it's from Jan of 2021)

Edited to add: This is another discussion of some of Cummins' claims from the Director of Biostatistics at UPenn which dives into the data (I have only scanned this one, not read in detail, but you might find it interesting so thought I would link!): https://www.covid-datascience.com/p...pean-unconventional-doubter-denier-viewpoints

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Thank you for asking PFMC. This thing seems to get worse by the day but, as someone with an existing medical condition, I am convinced it’s much more manageable because I’ve been vaxxed.
Sorry to hear it’s getting worse 🙁 hopefully you will begin to feel better soon. I do believe the vaccines reduce the severity of the virus/symptoms (I am aware not everyone does) and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Reactions: 1
A friend sent this to me today and it reminded me a lot of the discussion on here the other day about doing research. I'm interested to hear what all of you lovely people think about it and whether you think it's effective.

View attachment 760088

My problem with stuff like this is that surely it just further alienates people (particularly those already sceptical of vaccines) who don't know the answers. I'd rather see an accessible scientifically accurate info-graphic that explains some of the immunology. I'd also argue that you can actually still make an informed choice about taking the vaccine without fully understanding the immunology in this level of detail, as I think most of us here have done.

(Out of interest, can anybody here say with their hand on their heart that they know the answers to all of these? I'm disappointed with how much I remember from my immunology modules in my undergrad days 😅)
I know :) but thats only because im R&D for AZ and have a master in genetics and viruses

Reactions: 6
A former colleague has just shared the obituary for her teenage sister, who had Down's and has died of COVID. She is urging those who can get the vaccine to do so. Honestly it's heartbreaking, and I'm absolutely incandescent with rage at these anti-vaxxers and COVID-deniers. They have blood on their hands.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
A former colleague has just shared the obituary for her teenage sister, who had Down's and has died of COVID. She is urging those who can get the vaccine to do so. Honestly it's heartbreaking, and I'm absolutely incandescent with rage at these anti-vaxxers and COVID-deniers. They have blood on their hands.
there’s a difference between being anti vax and not wanting the covid vaccine.

• Heart
That's awful 😔 The people that have spread misinformation and perpetuated lies should feel ashamed of themselves.

• Heart
there’s a difference between being anti vax and not wanting the covid vaccine.
It's a fine line I would say. And 'I'm not anti vaxx, I just don't want the jab' is often the rallying cry of anti vaxxers. Same as racists who say 'I'm not racist but..'
If you refuse the vaccine, encourage others to refuse the vaccine, post misinformation from discredited sources and deny the efficacy of the vaccine then that makes you anti vaxx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
If you refuse the vaccine, encourage others to refuse the vaccine, post misinformation from discredited sources and deny the efficacy of the vaccine then that makes you anti vaxx
but these people are clearly anti vax? And they have probably been shouting on social media about something controversial for years.

the majority who have concerns about the vaccine do NOT fall into this bracket, and they genuinely just don’t feel comfortable taking it at the moment.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.