Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The irony here is that you are telling people that they have no right to wonder why people don’t want the vaccine. What makes you entitled to tell people what they shouldn’t or should wonder about?
That’s quite the accusation, i didn’t tell anyone what they can and can’t “wonder” about, I asked a question and no one was willing to answer😂🤡

That’s quite the accusation, i didn’t tell anyone what they can and can’t “wonder” about, I asked a question and no one was willing to answer😂🤡
The poster already responded to your question that they were “asking why in the context of a discussion.” (I also responded to you but I think you have me on ignore). People are entitled to have questions and thoughts about people’s general views on the vaccines - whether they are for it or not for it. It’s in our nature to be inquisitive.

Reactions: 7
I haven't heard about the mixed flu/covid vaccine. I will admit I was very hesitant to take the AZ which was all that was on offer n my country at the time. I had the jab and I'm absolutely fine, very glad I took it. My city -Melbourne - is currently facing high infections and deaths of people that are young, 20s and 30s. The talk from vax-hesitant last year was 'Its old folk dying, why jab us younger folk'.
Now younger and younger are dying, and that's why I got the vaccine!
It’s in production for future use .I should’ve made it clearer it was two shots at once I meant ,every jab is like the first time as they’re all different (reaction wise )for most people so it’s a wait and see after each shot .https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/vaccine-firms-combined-covid-19-flu-jab-one-dose-1153325

Reactions: 1
To pick up a point made in another post I don't think I have the right to know why any individual doesn't want (as opposed to cannot have) the vaccine. In fact it's probably better that I don't know because I suspect I am likely to hear some half-arsed bullshit regurgitated from what they read on social media about what somebody said they were told by somebody who had 'done their own research' based on a scientific research paper that they are not qualified or capable of understanding.

That doesn't make the person refusing the vaccination 'anti-vax'.

It makes them an idiot.

Dedicated, 'professional' anti-vaxxers rely on these idiots to spread the 'virus' that they have created and purposely released into society.
This condescending AF attitude is what drives people who are genuinely confused into silence.

I just wish there was a vaccine for attitudes like this, and I know this is the anti conspiracy theory thread, I’m all for this thread!!! but for a lot of people this isn’t a conspiracy issue, it’s got duck all to do with CT’s,
It’s incredibly ignorant to lump everyone into the CT nutcase bracket.

I don’t want to argue or disagree with you, we’ve seen enough of that here 😬 but it’s not “one size fits all”

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This condescending AF attitude is what drives people who are genuinely confused into silence.

I just wish there was a vaccine for attitudes like this, and I know this is the anti conspiracy theory thread, I’m all for this thread!!! but for a lot of people this isn’t a conspiracy issue, it’s got duck all to do with CT’s,
Those people who are confused or have concerns about the vaccine are sometimes turning to the likes of social media for information. That information is mis information, it is not information that will guide them in making a decision that is based on fact and truth.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who are feeding into people’s concerns (not just about the vaccines) just as it is evident with what is happening now. The fuel shortage, the stockpiling, the world is coming to an end, there is a shift coming, people are waking up. Many of these people are not qualified to be giving out advice, certainly not when it comes to vaccines.

Reactions: 11

i think people recognise that there is a difference between the crowd who’s genuinely worried/can’t have it and those that use the former while holding or/and spreading very CT opinions

Some of the latter people may be idiots and not conspiracy theorists out right, but really how far are they from the CT crowd? They could go talk to their GP about it but I imagine most hold the opinion that news and doctors are lying to them about this 🙄

I talked about my family holding fairly CT views a while back but the majority have now gotten their vaccines. Only my grandma hasn’t and that’s because she asked for reassurance from the doctors that her medical conditions/medication doesn’t pose a higher risk and they couldn’t really say so. Miles apart from misinformed people who don’t want to listen to anyone but themselves and their CT crowd

Reactions: 4
So many “assumptions” around such a sensitive topic 😣 which is fine if there wasn’t so much aggression on both sides.

I’m gonna leave it there as I don’t want to derail.

i think people recognise that there is a difference between the crowd who’s genuinely worried/can’t have it and those that use the former while holding or/and spreading very CT opinions

Some of the latter people may be idiots and not conspiracy theorists out right, but really how far are they from the CT crowd? They could go talk to their GP about it but I imagine most hold the opinion that news and doctors are lying to them about this 🙄

I talked about my family holding fairly CT views a while back but the majority have now gotten their vaccines. Only my grandma hasn’t and that’s because she asked for reassurance from the doctors that her medical conditions/medication doesn’t pose a higher risk and they couldn’t really say so. Miles apart from misinformed people who don’t want to listen to anyone but themselves and their CT crowd
My GP doesn't hold an opinion on the vaccine they let the patient decide, we don't get bombarded with calls like they do in England you get one phonecall asking if you want to book and that's it .I've asked if it's safe enough for my eldest son to have ( he's got allergies ) and they said he has to make an informed choice himself 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
My GP doesn't hold an opinion on the vaccine they let the patient decide, we don't get bombarded with calls like they do in England you get one phonecall asking if you want to book and that's it .I've asked if it's safe enough for my eldest son to have ( he's got allergies ) and they said he has to make an informed choice himself 🤷‍♀️
I also spoke with my gp about it to discuss my reason and she said ultimately it was up to me and she understands whatever way and that it’s never too late to get it if I change my mind, the sweeping assumptions on here is crazy 😂 not sure why declining a vaccine translates to not trusting doctors. I worked in the nhs for 8 years I know drs are the most trusted profession for a reason.

I also spoke with my gp about it to discuss my reason and she said ultimately it was up to me and she understands whatever way and that it’s never too late to get it if I change my mind, the sweeping assumptions on here is crazy 😂 not sure why declining a vaccine translates to not trusting doctors. I worked in the nhs for 8 years I know drs are the most trusted profession for a reason.
I think that's what's adding to peoples reluctance when their trusty GP can't give you reassurance who can 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
So many “assumptions” around such a sensitive topic 😣 which is fine if there wasn’t so much aggression on both sides.

I’m gonna leave it there as I don’t want to derail.
You came in and deliberately picked on a poster's comment - when they clearly stated that conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers made them sick. They did not say "anyone who won't get vaccinated" makes them sick. They very clearly stated anti-vaxxers, which fits the profile of this thread.

Your response confused the OP and others and triggered the subsequent arguments. So derailment pretty much already achieved 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
It didn't read like that to me either ! the poster clearly lumped all people that had concerns as anti -vaxx
235EF2D3-1519-457E-BA4C-2C36188A9135.jpeg
unless they COULDN’T have it !

Reactions: 1
This thread is getting ridiculously defensive, I refuse to engage with users who can’t see that my point was the decision around vaccines is not always a conspiracy theory issue.

@Woolmercardington I picked on nobody, I simply stated it’s more complex than
Get the vaccine/if you don’t you’re being influenced by CT’s

but people on here want an echo chamber, this is the exact problem with CT’s, they won’t hear any different.

I’ve never seen such a hostile response to a conversation before, I really hope everyone gets to the other side of this safe and well and we learn to discuss our opinions with this “you don’t belong here” attitude.

if anything I said came across incorrectly I’m sorry it was taken care her way.
But I will state again, being cautious about being he covid vaccine is not the same as believing the CT’s around the vaccine and covid

the original poster said the sister of the girl that passed away was asking for people to get vaccinated, I simply stated the refusal of the vaccine isn’t always based on what’s been read or “researched” online.

just to add, I picked on nobody, I argued this point, which is incredibly rude for anyone with a valid reason for concern.

F06AAFE5-479F-4DB9-88EB-948E6C709D8E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This thread is getting ridiculously defensive, I refuse to engage with users who can’t see that my point was the decision around vaccines is not always a conspiracy theory issue.

@Woolmercardington I picked on nobody, I simply stated it’s more complex than
Get the vaccine/if you don’t you’re being influenced by CT’s

but people on here want an echo chamber, this is the exact problem with CT’s, they won’t hear any different.

I’ve never seen such a hostile response to a conversation before, I really hope everyone gets to the other side of this safe and well and we learn to discuss our opinions with this “you don’t belong here” attitude.

if anything I said came across incorrectly I’m sorry it was taken care her way.
But I will state again, being cautious about being he covid vaccine is not the same as believing the CT’s around the vaccine and covid

the original poster said the sister of the girl that passed away was asking for people to get vaccinated, I simply stated the refusal of the vaccine isn’t always based on what’s been read or “researched” online.

just to add, I picked on nobody, I argued this point, which is incredibly rude for anyone with a valid reason for concern.

View attachment 781075
Couldn’t agree more. As someone who has been on the receiving end of “you don’t belong here” “mute this thread” “haven’t you got your own anti vax thread”, I find it crazy these same people will argue that they’re not being offensive or defensive! Surely a respectful dialogue is the only way to understand people and have a reasonable discussion instead of the pointless arguments.

The original post in this, along with other posts on this thread, have implied that people who haven’t had the covid vaccine have caused the death of people who have sadly died from coronavirus - I think I read someone say “they’ve blood on their hands” (not sure if I’m imagining that but I’m almost certain). It’s cruel that coronavirus has ended anyone’s life, but to point the blame at people who haven’t had a covid vaccine is just outrageous. If you really believe someone died as a result of someone else’s actions or beliefs you should contact the authorities as it sounds like you may have key evidence of a serious crime.

Couldn’t agree more. As someone who has been on the receiving end of “you don’t belong here” “mute this thread” “haven’t you got your own anti vax thread”, I find it crazy these same people will argue that they’re not being offensive or defensive! Surely a respectful dialogue is the only way to understand people and have a reasonable discussion instead of the pointless arguments.

The original post in this, along with other posts on this thread, have implied that people who haven’t had the covid vaccine have caused the death of people who have sadly died from coronavirus - I think I read someone say “they’ve blood on their hands” (not sure if I’m imagining that but I’m almost certain). It’s cruel that coronavirus has ended anyone’s life, but to point the blame at people who haven’t had a covid vaccine is just outrageous. If you really believe someone died as a result of someone else’s actions or beliefs you should contact the authorities as it sounds like you may have key evidence of a serious crime.
There is offense and defense on BOTH sides of the argument.

Reactions: 10
There is offense and defense on BOTH sides of the argument.
I agree with that, it’s a really sensitive topic, and I agree there are some very dangerous people spreading dangerous messages.

But I think there are many people, the vast majority that I’ve seen, who are reluctant to take the vaccine and it has nothing to do with social media or CT’s or YouTube uploads at all.
My first post about this was simply to drive home not everyone who refused the vaccine is a CT, or an “idiot”

• Heart
I agree with that, it’s a really sensitive topic, and I agree there are some very dangerous people spreading dangerous messages.

But I think there are many people, the vast majority that I’ve seen, who are reluctant to take the vaccine and it has nothing to do with social media or CT’s or YouTube uploads at all.
My first post about this was simply to drive home not everyone who refused the vaccine is a CT, or an “idiot”
It is a sensitive topic and I so wish there was a safe space on the internet, that was free from mis information about everything and anything.

I don’t think everyone here thinks that anyone who is concerned about the vaccine or has doubts about it is a CT/idiot. There are people who have health anxiety or general anxiety around it/question it etc.

A discussion forum or social media page should not be the place for them to be getting advice or information. Someone who is medically trained and qualified to give advice is who they should be seeking information from. I know this is easier said than done as it is so hard to get face to face appointments with a GP.

Last edited:
I agree with this. It's very difficult to have a discussion when there are two threads with opposing views and you're only 'allowed' to post on the thread that most aligns with your views. When I first joined I was made to feel very unwelcome on the CT thread when I attempted to engage in a discussion about depopulation strategies.

Reactions: 3
I agree with this. It's very difficult to have a discussion when there are two threads with opposing views and you're only 'allowed' to post on the thread that most aligns with your views. When I first joined I was made to feel very unwelcome on the CT thread when I attempted to engage in a discussion about depopulation strategies.
I’ve tried to have discussions on the CT thread - mostly unsuccessful. 😅 I think when one is passionate in what they believe in, it can be difficult to have a harmonious discussion with someone who has opposing views, as they’ll also be passionate in their beliefs.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.