Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else do a massive eye roll whenever you see a 'Daily Mail' article come up as evidence or information?

I feel i am able to give a brief overview of the article without having to read a single word of it! :)
In fairness, I’d find the Daily Mail an extremely credible source when compared to “Timmy JR Burns MD” who records 3 hour Facebook videos that are a “must see”

that’s really saying something.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In fairness, I’d find the Daily Mail an extremely credible source when compared to “Timmy JR Burns MD” who records 3 hour Facebook videos that are a “must see”

that’s really saying something.
What did all these experts do before t’internet?

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else do a massive eye roll whenever you see a 'Daily Mail' article come up as evidence or information?

I feel i am able to give a brief overview of the article without having to read a single word of it! :)
Oh my goodness yes 😭 Daily Mail/The Sun are not sites I would ever visit but they make up the bulk of some threads and my eyes are in danger of a strain injury. You can also comment on the article directly if that’s your interest, no need to expose the rest of us to nonsense speculation 😂

Reactions: 4
Also, what about some of these “experts” they quote! Let’s just say, if there was an empty seat next them on the bus, you’d probably stand 😂😂

• Haha
I miss the days when conspiracy theories were simple, some ridiculous, some funny. Now, it’s quite dangerous, conspiracies theories today, don’t even have a clue what’s in a vaccine, which I proved. They’re targeting vulnerable people, they made an old woman refuse a vaccine because they drilled into her head that Bill Gates was going to put a microchip into her body and she got scared that it might happen to her. I remember years ago, my friends, family members would call me weird that I was into conspiracy theories, are now all suddenly into them, but what’s bad about it, is that they believe anything, they don’t do any research, They get their information from someone talking on YouTube, just talking, showing no proof or evidence.

Ct’s in general usually say people don’t die due to COVID-19, they die of COVID-19. But when it’s a vaccine, it’s the vaccine, no health conditions or underlying health problems. They’re hypocrites. They hate their logic being used against them. They ignore you, fade into the background when challenged. They like to think of themselves as they’re greater than anyone else, if you question them, they try and pull an emotional guilt trip on you, by bringing things that have nothing to do with what you were talking about, to try and make you feel sorry for them, and you’ll stop trying to question their belief.

The fact that some CT’s don’t believe in COVID-19, yet are manufacturing and producing services to help combat Covi19. Really, you spent all day on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram promoting services that could help eliminate the one thing that you’re against.

I know a few people who have said virtual infections only come from dangerous chemicals, fast food, junk foods and cleaning solutions such a bleach, hand sanitizer. You mean like a hundred years ago, centuries ago, people eat stuff from the ground, used herbs and remedies that didn’t have high-powered technology and still died from viral infections

Or, how the virus isn’t dangerous because I didn’t die. Does that mean the war isn’t dangerous because soldiers came back alive?

I mean if you’re getting your information from Youtube, some long-drawn-out video by someone who has crappy editing skills, zero qualifications in life, then you seriously need to evaluate your life, that you’re dedicating so much time of your life to something that isn’t going to make your life any worth, rather than be afraid of stepping out of your front door. It’s the fact everything happens it’s a conspiracy.

China is covering everything up?

You mean you researched on YouTube that China is known for covering everything up? If you knew China what was then, you wouldn’t have to go on YouTube. China are a dictatorship state, that shuts down people’s right to protest, has the army controlling every bit of life, and has the internet under state control, with certain websites banned, that the users have to use VPN to avoid detection.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I miss the days when conspiracy theories were simple, some ridiculous, some funny. Now, it’s quite dangerous, conspiracies theories today, don’t even have a clue what’s in a vaccine, which I proved. They’re targeting vulnerable people, they made an old woman refuse a vaccine because they drilled into her head that Bill Gates was going to put a microchip into her body and she got scared that it might happen to her. I remember years ago, my friends, family members would call me weird that I was into conspiracy theories, are now all suddenly into them, but what’s bad about it, is that they believe anything, they don’t do any research, They get their information from someone talking on YouTube, just talking, showing no proof or evidence.

Ct’s in general usually say people don’t die due to COVID-19, they die of COVID-19. But when it’s a vaccine, it’s the vaccine, no health conditions or underlying health problems. They’re hypocrites. They hate their logic being used against them. They ignore you, fade into the background when challenged. They like to think of themselves as they’re greater than anyone else, if you question them, they try and pull an emotional guilt trip on you, by bringing things that have nothing to do with what you were talking about, to try and make you feel sorry for them, and you’ll stop trying to question their belief.

The fact that some CT’s don’t believe in COVID-19, yet are manufacturing and producing services to help combat Covi19. Really, you spent all day on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram promoting services that could help eliminate the one thing that you’re against.

I know a few people who have said virtual infections only come from dangerous chemicals, fast food, junk foods and cleaning solutions such a bleach, hand sanitizer. You mean like a hundred years ago, centuries ago, people eat stuff from the ground, used herbs and remedies that didn’t have high-powered technology and still died from viral infections

Or, how the virus isn’t dangerous because I didn’t die. Does that mean the war isn’t dangerous because soldiers came back alive?

I mean if you’re getting your information from Youtube, some long-drawn-out video by someone who has crappy editing skills, zero qualifications in life, then you seriously need to evaluate your life, that you’re dedicating so much time of your life to something that isn’t going to make your life any worth, rather than be afraid of stepping out of your front door. It’s the fact everything happens it’s a conspiracy.

You mean you researched on YouTube that China is known for covering everything up? If you knew China what was then, you wouldn’t have to go on YouTube. China are a dictatorship state, that shuts down people’s right to protest, has the army controlling every bit of life, and has the internet under state control, with certain websites banned, that the users have to use VPN to avoid detection.
Brilliant post.

Reactions: 3

I don't think the 'dangerous' conspiracy theory is a new phenomenon, some have always had the power to cause harm or distress. Covid-19 has provided a fertile opportunity but simply continues the numerous health related CTs whether it's fear mongering over vaccines or other treatments or promoting quack medicines such as 'Miracle Mineral Supplement'. We should also not forget the immense harm that one of the oldest CTs, 'satanic panic' has caused across the world. Even if not actually physically harmful, some CTs are well capable, not to say specifically designed, of being injurious to the believers bank balance.

The thing that always strikes me with those who believe that Covid is a hoax is how much time they spend talking about it!

You only have to view the Facebook feeds of these people - all they seem to post are anti-vax memes and videos and articles which "prove" their theories. All of their interactions with others on social media seem to be centred around the "plandemic" as they love to call it and they are usually quite prolific posters, posting regularly and frequently but always on this topic, always scaremongering and scathing of the "sheep".

Whereas the rest of us ("sheep") tend to just carry on using Facebook the way we always did- to occasionally share photos, the odd jokey post, birthday wishes to friends and family, fundraisers and local info etc. We may refer to lockdown, we may post a "yay! I've had my vaccine update" but it's much more balanced and shows that we still have other things going on in our lives.

In the case of the CTs, those who accuse us of being closed-minded, who say they pity us for being so gullible and succumbing to the "fear", it conversely appears that they are the ones who have had their lives taken over to the point of obsession by their "cause". They spend endless hours trying to dissuade others from having the vaccine, trying to recruit people to share their way of thinking.

I find I'm seeing people who used to have different interests and hobbies, whose social media feeds used to be quite balanced and "normal" who can now talk of nothing but Covid. That surely doesn't show a healthy, "open minded" approach but instead smacks of people who have been indoctrinated into a cult.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The thing that always strikes me with those who believe that Covid is a hoax is how much time they spend talking about it!

You only have to view the Facebook feeds of these people - all they seem to post are anti-vax memes and videos and articles which "prove" their theories. All of their interactions with others on social media seem to be centred around the "plandemic" as they love to call it and they are usually quite prolific posters, posting regularly and frequently but always on this topic, always scaremongering and scathing of the "sheep".

Whereas the rest of us ("sheep") tend to just carry on using Facebook the way we always did- to occasionally share photos, the odd jokey post, birthday wishes to friends and family, fundraisers and local info etc. We may refer to lockdown, we may post a "yay! I've had my vaccine update" but it's much more balanced and shows that we still have other things going on in our lives.

In the case of the CTs, those who accuse us of being closed-minded, who say they pity us for being so gullible and succumbing to the "fear", it conversely appears that they are the ones who have had their lives taken over to the point of obsession by their "cause". They spend endless hours trying to dissuade others from having the vaccine, trying to recruit people to share their way of thinking.

I find I'm seeing people who used to have different interests and hobbies, whose social media feeds used to be quite balanced and "normal" who can now talk of nothing but Covid. That surely doesn't show a healthy, "open minded" approach but instead smacks of people who have been indoctrinated into a cult.
Exactly this. We are the ones that happy to be controlled by the government “sheep” and woth our eyes closed. But for us, life has carried on as normal. I don’t lie awake at night worrying about corruption in government or microchips endlessly researching and posting about covid. I get on with my life. Whereas the plandemic brigade live and breathe it. It’s all they think and talk about and constantly trying to recruit to the cult. Sorry but I would prefer to be a sheep rather than a wreck loosing sleep because of a YouTube video and conspiracy.I also see the angry and sad reactions are back which proves my point.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Exactly. The CT are all so consumed by it and spend hours researching and trying to prove stuff they will never be able to prove because it's not out there in the public domain. If covid was a hoax (which we know it isn't) then it wouldn't be posted on YouTube for all to see would it 🙄

People are entitled to believe what they want but when it becomes potentially harmful to others, it has to stop. To be that obsessed by something that it interferes with your life shows how harmful this way of thinking is and anybody who doesn't think their way needs to wake up 🙄 I know how I would rather live my life and if I have to live it within restrictions I will. These CT do not understand what living under a dictatorship is! This isn't it.

• Heart
Such a secret plan at world domination, that everyone knows about it.

They're comparing this to genocide and a dictatorship. Really? So, we're like Nazi Germany. Of course now, but the CT's like to be dramatic.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember the old TV series V? That was great 🤣
Loved it and have been reliving my past by watching it on Forces TV, where it's been on a bit of a loop. Hysterically ham acting (Diana and Lydia, for example) but they were such 'good' baddies!

As for CT's, I am fervently against believing everything I am told by central Govt. and those in authority. We should always challenge and question, to ensure that the information that guides and dictates our lives is of as sound a basis as it can reasonably be. However, nor am I happy to blindly follow alternatives, especially where 'evidence' can be easily debunked and unravelled. Sources of information are so important.

I think that some people who are diehard Conspiracy Theorists definitely have control and narcissism issues (think Alex Jones and his ilk). It's even scarier when they are actually intelligent people because it goes with the assumption that because they are intelligent and can present a coherent argument, they are 'right'. From my academic history, I learned three key things which have some relevance. 1. Statistics can be manipulated to demonstrate whatever you want them to (and I also learned something of how this is done). 2, Academics (by default, 'intelligent' people) are not immune from revelling in their own importance and 3, Academics can often hotly disagree between themselves on important topics and theories.

All you can do, if something is very important to you, is read around the different arguments or opinions on the topic, choose your sources carefully, try to keep an open mind (both ways) but come to your own conclusions after giving all aspects 'fair hearing'. Question, question and question some more but don't only ask the questions that will give you the answers you want. Be prepared to be 'wrong.'

Reactions: 3
My biggest issue with conspiracy theories is when they inevitably end up being anti-Semitic. Illustrated well by that great pyramid graph a woman did last year on tiktok, iirc?
Edited to add a link to her Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/abbieasr
And the great chart (high res available via her link tree)
3AAD9C34-D800-48FB-8FE3-70AE9F6B68C4.jpeg

Last edited:
They say ‘knowledge is power’, knowledge from trustworthy, verified and legit sources is power. Not a website or 10 hour video that anyone has put together.

Reactions: 7
Anyone with a university education knows that you can “prove” anything if you’re canny about your sources...

CTs always have something to 'prove' but who to? Because I never asked, I doubt anyone here asked. What is the point they are trying to reach? Are they hoping the CIA see their post and take them away or something, I just don't get it. And calling people 'sheep' while they're screenshotting blurry Insta posts or 53 page articles, no I think you will find that YOU (the CT) are looking for something to mindlessly follow. Why is there a girl on my Insta posting multiple times a day that she won't wear a mask or get the vaccine because it's 'controlling people'? No one cares except you. If you don't wear a mask to go somewhere that requires one, you won't be going in. Simple as. And they can never back up anything they day. No official sources, no actual statistics, nothing. It's all just peddling fear mongering tit

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.