Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But surely all this highlights is that there is no conspiracy? If you have to keep coming up with more outlandish claims as events happen?
Or it highlights that the conspiracy is "bigger than we ever thought possible !!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My brain hurts, is trump the good guy again 🤐

Back in my day you woke up to go to work.
people now wake up to watch 4.5 hour YouTube videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The idea of closing all the airports as part of a climate change strategy that I mentioned above sounds ridiculous but is not completely an invention of some CT -ist. It is contained in a proper research document. (linked below - see page 6)

'UK Fires' is a collaboration between various universities and industrial partners that were commissioned to research how industry might need to respond to the government's strategy for achieving 'net zero' carbon emissions by 2050.

Of course if you are someone who sees the bogeyman hiding round every corner it is a simple declaration of what 'they' want and since climate change doesn't exist is obviously the 'trojan horse' for some other malign intention.

'UK Fires' calls the report which was published in November 2019, a 'trigger for discussion'. A more nuanced and dare I say intelligent interpretation is that rather than a statement of 'their' aims, it is intended to shake a complacent government into action by demonstrating what would be required to achieve 'absolute zero' emissions by 2050. The key message being that relying on as yet uninvented technology to solve the problem isn't a realistic strategy. To that extent it appears to have been supremely unsuccessful as apart from a debate in The House of Lords in early 2020 it has completely disappeared from view, except apparently to CT-ists.

Reactions: 2
The CT world in the states were going crazy just before Biden's inauguration. They were completely convinced he'd be led away in handcuffs and Trump reinstated as POTUS.

I read the fora for a giggle but I ended up feeling quite sad for some of the people on them. They were truly invested and honestly believed this would happen, because they'd been whipped into a frenzy by people who should really know better.

That's when I realised how dangerous a lot of these people can be and how they use vulnerable people to further their own agenda.

So far beyond Roswell and fluoride these days. Just awful.

Reactions: 6
The CT world in the states were going crazy just before Biden's inauguration. They were completely convinced he'd be led away in handcuffs and Trump reinstated as POTUS.

I read the fora for a giggle but I ended up feeling quite sad for some of the people on them. They were truly invested and honestly believed this would happen, because they'd been whipped into a frenzy by people who should really know better.

That's when I realised how dangerous a lot of these people can be and how they use vulnerable people to further their own agenda.

So far beyond Roswell and fluoride these days. Just awful.
The Americans are definitely worse off than us in the state of CTs that’s for sure

@_basic_ I wonder why that is? We have our fair share in Australia but nowhere near as rabid as the US. I'm a transplanted Canadian and it's nowhere near like America, despite being right next door. Very strange, eh!

What I never understood about covid being a depopulation tactic, was from the beginning it took the elderly, frail and vulnerable, who (at the risk of sounding insensitive but I don’t mean to) would have less time left populating the planet than the younger people
Also the amount of people I know who are now having Lockdown babies from having nothing else to do for a year 🤣 as a depopulation tactic it definitely seems to have been the opposite

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Believing in CT, especially the anti vaxx and covid denier ones is such a first world privilege. We’re so safe, we know where our next meal is coming from, where we will sleep tonight, that we’re in good health, that we have money to survive. It’s almost like people who fall down the rabbit holes are bored, they need something. You won’t find as many people (if any) in developing countries subscribing to these ideas because they’re too busy surviving or in the case of Covid dealing with the mass deaths and overstretched medical care.

I have a friend who is Indian and lives in India and I’ll believe her when she tells me what she’s living through. She’s certainly not getting paid to promote vaccines or covid info. She’s just trying to survive whilst watching her country implode. She wishes she could get the vaccine but their roll out has been a mess from day one and the government have lost control.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Believing in CT, especially the anti vaxx and covid denier ones is such a first world privilege. We’re so safe, we know where our next meal is coming from, where we will sleep tonight, that we’re in good health, that we have money to survive. It’s almost like people who fall down the rabbit holes are bored, they need something. You won’t find as many people (if any) in developing countries subscribing to these ideas because they’re too busy surviving or in the case of Covid dealing with the mass deaths and overstretched medical care.

I have a friend who is Indian and lives in India and I’ll believe her when she tells me what she’s living through. She’s certainly not getting paid to promote vaccines or covid info. She’s just trying to survive whilst watching her country implode. She wishes she could get the vaccine but their roll out has been a mess from day one and the government have lost control.
You've hit the nail on the head with the privilege explanation. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@_basic_ I wonder why that is? We have our fair share in Australia but nowhere near as rabid as the US. I'm a transplanted Canadian and it's nowhere near like America, despite being right next door. Very strange, eh!
I probably haven't explained this very well but ... I think it comes from a potent combination of their history and politics with a bit of religion thrown in. The perception that their ancestors were escapees from persecution, the frontier spirit of individuals standing up for themselves and that America achieved freedom by facing down (the British) government. The pervasive nonsense of a land of opportunity for all and a deep suspicion of authority. I hear so many Americans talking about their rights and freedoms.

As in many countries, Americans have increasingly come to see the inequities in society. The rich getting richer, the poor etc. .... but they are free, have rights and anybody can become president right? So it must somebody's fault that is not happening.

Reactions: 4
That makes sense to me @Moth. I've had to stop myself getting into an argument with an American friend regarding gun control legislation. He pretty much did the fingers-in-ears lalala thing when I tried to explain my views regarding the Port Arthur massacre and our government's reaction to it by banning and buy-back schemes. All he could say was that it was his right to own as many guns as he wanted.

As you said, a potent mix and it seems to seep into everything. Preppers are a prime example of this attitude as well.

That makes sense to me @Moth. I've had to stop myself getting into an argument with an American friend regarding gun control legislation. He pretty much did the fingers-in-ears lalala thing when I tried to explain my views regarding the Port Arthur massacre and our government's reaction to it by banning and buy-back schemes. All he could say was that it was his right to own as many guns as he wanted.

As you said, a potent mix and it seems to seep into everything. Preppers are a prime example of this attitude as well.
I've always thought that 'peppers' were a forerunner of the more aggressively political conspiracy theorists.

I suppose i should have added that willingness of Americans to monetise everything too. CT-ing including anti-vax and quack medicine can be very lucrative.

Don't get me wrong, I love America (and Canada), have visited a lot but there are certain subjects it's best to steer clear of. A couple of years ago I got into a great conversation with a bunch of classic car collectors, intelligent, successful people who subsequently turned out to be rabid Trump supporters who bought in to all his CTs.

• Wow
I've posted this on the Covid thread but I think it's worth sharing here too.

I've posted this on the Covid thread but I think it's worth sharing here too.
Definitely helped with the common cold, IMO. Usually between Sep-May, I'll pick up several colds. A few nasty, stay off work ones, too. But I've been cold free since Jan 2020 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I work in paediatrics so have pretty tough immunity after dealing with lovely germy kids for years, but we’ve obviously been wearing masks all the time for over a year and the same I’ve not been in ill since 2019. Apart from pandemic related anxiety and stress but that’s different! We had a really busy flu (swabbed and positive) and with winter illness 2019/2020 pre pandemic but don’t think we had one case of flu admitted this winter just gone. So the measures did something!

Children are catching all the lovely normal germs again tho now they are all mixing again.

• Heart
Definitely helped with the common cold, IMO. Usually between Sep-May, I'll pick up several colds. A few nasty, stay off work ones, too. But I've been cold free since Jan 2020 😁
Same here! I usually have at least 2 colds a year (early winter and early summer) and *touch wood* have not had anything since late 2019!

I am a bit mad with the hygiene thing though I still sanitise everything especially at work and after I leave anywhere that’s not my house. I keep hand gel everywhere I go whereas my husband is still on his first bottle in his car that I gave him in the beginning. I go to the gym and see the youngsters not cleaning the equipment then touching their faces, mouths 🤮 i take my own wipes 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Last weekend I saw my grandson for the first time since Christmas. He gave me his cold!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.