Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the FOI figures for burials and cremations, I'd want to be cautious about interpreting these until we have all the information, if not the whole country, at least for surrounding areas - burials and cremations don't necessarily happen in the same council area as where the person lived and/or died, and I would have thought the local Registrar would be the place to ask for death stats.

I wouldn't want to be drawing too many conclusions from incomplete data.

One thing I know from personal experience is that FOI responses have their own limitations, not least by the question we ask but also the difference between what is stated in the response and what we think it is telling us. The people handling the requests can only answer what we ask, not what we think we mean.

The registered-deaths data gives me 10441 listed for Birmingham for 2020.
(adding All causes, at Home Hospital Hospice Care Home Communal Establishment Elsewhere)
I will raise the possibility of some double-counting or more likely geographical over-inclusion given the likely difference between 'registered for Birmingham' and the area covered by Birmingham City Council.

I suspect apples v oranges as the primary hurdle here.

Reactions: 4
But then I seem to see you on other forums talking about this forum and its admin. isn't there a rule about keeping it on tattle? I'm not 100% sure if that is what don't take it off tattle means, but hey I doubt you care anyway.

when you guys are bringing this onto other forums, and I’ll include both sides in this.

y’all need help, go get some fresh air.

Apparently nobody wants to stay away from either thread so get on with it,
stop bitching and crying about hurt feelings or both will be shut by admin, I’m shocked they haven’t been yet.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I'm gonna de-rail from the Covid-burial talk a second. I don't know if it's just me being oversensitive but it's been getting to me for a while. My grandad has been having constant headaches for a while. He's been to the doctor, the doctor has given him medication to try and help and it hasn't. Instead of saying in a calm, rational way that the medication is not working, my grandad constantly slags said doctor off and claims 'they don't care when you're over 75'. I'm sorry, was it not those over 75 being given the vaccine first? Or did I misinterpret that as not caring? The shielding order for over 75s (and younger but I'm focussing on his statement first)? Priority hours in supermarkets? Priority slots for delivery? No? Must have dreamt all that up. So my grandad decided to stop and start taking tablets in his own accord without consulting said doctor. He was referred for an MRI, on the NHS ofc even though they don't care about anyone over 75 (insert eye roll) and it came back clear. He wants to go private for another scan now because he 'doesn't believe them'. I'm sorry but WHAT? Just because you're gonna pay for a scan doesn't mean it's going to show anything different???! I'm pretty sure you can also ask to see the scan? So because they 'don't care about anyone over 75' my grandad got his vaccine so he can walk around the local nature trail everyday whilst my friends who work in schools, supermarkets, the army, in people's homes on a daily basis, have to wait because they are too young to be offered the vaccine??

My mum and dad have started engaging in Covid-denier talk since the pub has re-opened. Please bare in mind my mums best friends husband died from Covid. As have a lot of our customers. They have gone down the 'lockdown as control' route and honestly they think they're the only people in the world. In what sane thinking world would a government close everything (near enough) to 'control' people?? Oh yes, stay home so we can control you to do absolutely nothing. Luckily since re-opening people have been good with T&T, not so good with the masks. The majority of customers are old and have received their vaccine so they think they're invincible, no thought to those of us who have not had it yet. Absolutely blows my mind the lengths people go to to deny a pandemic that has killed at least 150,000 in the UK alone

Reactions: 6
I have been very worried about having the COVID vaccine because I have a phobia of doctors/medical treatment and am also very worried about side effects. Even "mild" pain or illness is completely intolerable to me and the thought of being ill for days or weeks after a vaccine makes a panic attack threaten. My family and friends have all tried to encourage me to have the vaccine and, when I was asked to go next week, I agreed. An acquaintance became aware of this and has kept encouraging me not to go, "it's experimental", "it changes your DNA!" and so on and made out that I was being pressured to get vaccinated by people who can't think for themselves. I had to have some sharp words. My friends and family were genuinely concerned that without the vaccine I could die or be incapacitated by "long COVID" etc. And my hesitancy was to do with my fear of hospitals and side effects, not because I don't think the vaccine is safe

Reactions: 5
Each to their own when it comes to putting things in our bodies. But I really hate the misinformation and lies being spread by anti vaxxers. Apparently hospitals are full of people with vaccine injuries not Indian variant covid. Fine if you don’t want the vaccine that’s your choice but don’t fill those that are on the fence with crap. I encourage people to research carefully themselves.

I work in a hospital and staff take up was amazing ( probably because we want out of this mess?). It’s puzzling we aren’t all patients now though because the vaccine has caused us all to be sick and we will all probably die?? Of course we are now very busy with general illnesses, injuries etc as people mix more again

I’m not saying there aren’t side effects, but there is to all medication but most people barely blink an eyelid to popping pills.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have been very worried about having the COVID vaccine because I have a phobia of doctors/medical treatment and am also very worried about side effects. Even "mild" pain or illness is completely intolerable to me and the thought of being ill for days or weeks after a vaccine makes a panic attack threaten. My family and friends have all tried to encourage me to have the vaccine and, when I was asked to go next week, I agreed. An acquaintance became aware of this and has kept encouraging me not to go, "it's experimental", "it changes your DNA!" and so on and made out that I was being pressured to get vaccinated by people who can't think for themselves. I had to have some sharp words. My friends and family were genuinely concerned that without the vaccine I could die or be incapacitated by "long COVID" etc. And my hesitancy was to do with my fear of hospitals and side effects, not because I don't think the vaccine is safe
That sucks that they preyed upon your anxieties! Very unkind.

Is there a vaccine location near you that isn't a GP surgery or hospital? I know some churches in the UK have been turned into locations for example. Maybe if it's not a medical building you'll find it a less stressful experience? I am in Aus and got my shot in a council town hall that has been turned into a vaccine centre (the sort of space they'd normally use for events etc). Anecdotal but I had absolutely no side effects either (Astra Zeneca, late 20s).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
That sucks that they preyed upon your anxieties! Very unkind.

Is there a vaccine location near you that isn't a GP surgery or hospital? I know some churches in the UK have been turned into locations for example. Maybe if it's not a medical building you'll find it a less stressful experience? I am in Aus and got my shot in a council town hall that has been turned into a vaccine centre (the sort of space they'd normally use for events etc). Anecdotal but I had absolutely no side effects either (Astra Zeneca, late 20s).
That's actually a great idea - thank you! I think there are a couple of churches/synagogues near me that have been turned into vaccine centres, I'll have a look

Reactions: 2
Each to their own when it comes to putting things in our bodies. But I really hate the misinformation and lies being spread by anti vaxxers. Apparently hospitals are full of people with vaccine injuries not Indian variant covid. Fine if you don’t want the vaccine that’s your choice but don’t fill those that are on the fence with crap. I encourage people to research carefully themselves.

I work in a hospital and staff take up was amazing ( probably because we want out of this mess?). It’s puzzling we aren’t all patients now though because the vaccine has caused us all to be sick and we will all probably die?? Of course we are now very busy with general illnesses, injuries etc as people mix more again

I’m not saying there aren’t side effects, but there is to all medication but most people barely blink an eyelid to popping pills.
This is the thing that bothers me about them too. I’ve got an anti vaxxer on my social media (I should just delete her) and she posts constantly about the vaccine or covid. Like have a day off love! Why do they feel the need to ram their views down everyone’s throats.

91FB008C-D8D1-4E05-8B61-FFCD4BB0DAA9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is the thing that bothers me about them too. I’ve got an anti vaxxer on my social media (I should just delete her) and she posts constantly about the vaccine or covid. Like have a day off love! Why do they feel the need to ram their views down everyone’s throats.

View attachment 594023
YES!!! I stop listening to anyone that tries to ram views, even when they are right 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why do they feel the need to ram their views down everyone’s throats
This really boils my piss!! What makes them think that their views are of more value than mine? (not that they would know my views because guess what - I don’t go around boring everyone half to death with them!)

The thing is that Covid has put us all in the position of having to take risks that we'd rather not take. Obviously nobody wants Covid and I doubt if there's anybody that wants to be vaccinated. But like it or not we are having to take risks. The important thing is to weigh the risks and the benefits on a sound and proportionate basis.

We've been over (and over) this on the Coronavirus threads but I believe the risk to me of getting Covid is massively greater than the risk posed by a possible reaction to the vaccine. So for me it's a 'no-brainer'.

I can understand that younger, healthier people will have less risk from Covid and I have seen it said that some people are in a category where the risk from the vaccine is greater than the risk from Covid. I have not researched this enough to know if it's true.

However, I also believe that the vaccine is and will be proved to be reducing transmission so that it is important for as many people as possible to be vaccinated in order to achieve 'herd immunity' so that this awful disease can be contained for as many people as possible. I think people should weigh that responsibility in with the risks but I am sure not everyone will agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
it's a crap analogy!

I long for the day when parents and family of vaccine-injured/dead children will not be mocked on forums and SM.
Severe side effects of childhood immunizations are incredibly rare. We're not mocking the very few parents whose children do suffer side effects. We're mocking the insanity and conspiracies online. The fact of the matter is immunizations have dramatingly improved global health and life expectancy, especially child mortality.

Also from the Australian Academy of Science, this chart helpfully illustrates the benefits of vaccines:

(source here)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Saw this on Instagram and thought I’d share here, good analogy!

View attachment 594664
It's not a great analogy. Not feeding children is not taking a risk, it's a certainty. We can absolutely 100% guarantee what will happen if somebody is not fed. That's not the case with vaccination and that's the problem. As I said upthread it's about taking a balanced view of the risks in a situation where nothing is certain. Anti-vaxxers distort the relative risks to sow 'vaccine hesitancy'. You don't have to look far from here to see it in practice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.