Anti Christmas thread for those who need it šŸ’—

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to create this thread for those not into Christmas to chat about anything you like. Especially if you are alone this year, or find this time of year particularly difficult, for whatever reason.

I'm pretty meh about it this year, although my mood will probably improve as the day goes on.

I'll keep popping in.

Sending you all love today. šŸ’—

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thank you. Iā€™m feeling a bit meh too, but plastering on a smile for our son. Thinking of anybody who finds today difficult for whatever reason. šŸ’šŸ’

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I didn't think being alone would bug me, but it did in the morning.

I could have gone back to London but I didn't see the point.

I found a corner shop still open. Bought pizza and chocolate!

Thinking of my old friend who passed away and his family.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I have been dreading it and blocking it out as much as possible but it hasnā€™t been bad so far. Iā€™m completely ignoring the people that have dragged me down and focusing on my family.

Iā€™ve posted on another thread to say how much pressure my daughter puts on me to have the perfect Christmas.. She hadnā€™t even went downstairs this morning before she said ā€˜Itā€™s my birthday next!ā€™ Itā€™s not until August ffs šŸ˜‚ Sheā€™s 13 too! She acts so spoilt.
Take note and donā€™t make a rod for your back like I have šŸ„“šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is there anymore accurate definition of hell than Christmas tea at the in Laws. With a fixed rictus grin in place and the MIL asking ā€œare you enjoying yourselfā€ every five minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I did get a last min invite to come over, but I'm actually okay and didn't feel like travelling.

I have been dreading it and blocking it out as much as possible but it hasnā€™t been bad so far. Iā€™m completely ignoring the people that have dragged me down and focusing on my family.

Iā€™ve posted on another thread to say how much pressure my daughter puts on me to have the perfect Christmas.. She hadnā€™t even went downstairs this morning before she said ā€˜Itā€™s my birthday next!ā€™ Itā€™s not until August ffs šŸ˜‚ Sheā€™s 13 too! She acts so spoilt.
Take note and donā€™t make a rod for your back like I have šŸ„“šŸ˜‚
Hope you can nip it in the bud for next year.

Reactions: 2
I have ADHD, medicated now but Christmas is still just too much. I donā€™t mind the run-up but the actual day makes me feel sick and overwhelmed. Far too many visitors and noise etc. plus we got a puppy last weekend and have all been ill with the fire breathing chest infection. My youngest is ADHD/ASD and OH undiagnosed ASD.

Must add that puppy is brilliant and found new puppy life easier than we thought, but obviously a puppy.

• Heart
can relate to christmas being overwhelming. I always say I like Christmas and I suppose i do but part of me wonders whether I like the idealised version of it. Christmas itself is overwhelming and I hate the anticipation for the new year

Christmas does tend to warp time and reality. I swear Iā€™ve been sitting in this house watching UK TV Gold for 16 hours. Just double checked the clock and itā€™s only moved 2.

And yes I have had enough to eat, Iā€™d had enough ten minutes ago the last time you asked me.

And Iā€™m looking at my phone because Iā€™m waiting for an important work email not because Iā€™m on Tattle bitching about how much I hate Christmas at the in-laws. Honestly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks for creating this thread.

I normally like Christmas, but this year it's tough because of mental health stuff. Increased meds are making me feel spaced out. I'm trying to stay as outwardly cheerful as possible for my mum, but am currently having a panic attack break in my bedroom lol. This is also the first year of Christmas without any grandparents. My grandmother died last year and every old movie is reminding me of grandad who died during lockdown. Normally we have family get-togethers but everyone's scattered across the country so it's very quiet.

I'm trying to focus on the small, enjoyable things (mainly food tbh!) and getting through it that way. I hope everyone on this thread is coping. If not, remember it'll be over soon enough and things will hopefully get easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ive always hated Christmas since I was a child. I'm not sure if it's the change of routine or the expectation to be happy, but I always felt relief when it was over. This year I've started to compare myself to friends who have loads of family visiting (my family are either dead or I'm not in contact). I have kids and a hubby so I'm pretending to be happy for them. Oh well it will all be over soon šŸ™‚

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I hate Christmas not because Iā€™m lonely but the opposite. My mother always has to cause drama and scream and shout for nothing or go on about how much she hates my partner. Itā€™s beyond embarrassing I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever enjoyed Christmas

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Is it considered bad form to take a large sledgehammer to someone's "hilarious" novelty light up singing Santa Claus?

Asking for a friend

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My kids are with their dad this year so it always feels like just another day. Not even had a text off them so far. šŸ˜­

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My kids are with their dad this year so it always feels like just another day. Not even had a text off them so far. šŸ˜­
That's quite sad, hope you're ok. They're probably swept up in it all, try not to take it personally lovely.

Sending love to everyone. Remember its only one day ā¤ you've got this. A lot of people are just going through the motions and I feel for everyone struggling for whatever reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm just finding it really boring now. I'm lucky enough to have a family to spend it with but it's small and we see eachother fairly frequently so the conversation is dry. I hate a roast dinner so that's no good for me. There's duck all on the telly. I'm just waiting for my relatives to go home so I can watch Netflix in peace now šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Usually not a huge fan of sitting about, getting uncomfortably full and drunk.

Apart from it's all I feel I can do this year as I'm so bleeping ill and have been the whole weekend. We couldn't go visit family for Xmas, but will be going tomorrow or the day after, meaning I won't really be getting time to chill out before new years without feeling like death. Feel like I'm wasting the time off work.

Can't be arsed with new years either

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
this is probably a bit pathetic but not a single one of my friends has text to wish me merry Christmas. One of them lives abroad so wonā€™t be awake yet so thatā€™s fair enough and 2 have got kids so they are probably manic but the rest of them Iā€™ve not heard anything. Itā€™s now almost 6 o clock.
Iā€™m on my own for Christmas because I donā€™t really get on with my family but it just goes to show how little people actually care. My own family havenā€™t text me despite that they know Iā€™m up here on my own poorly. Iā€™m always the one to make the effort at the best of times but it hurts they canā€™t even send a quick ā€œmerry Christmasā€ text.
the only people Iā€™ve heard from are my mum and dad who I barely get on with. Am I really only stuck with those two in this world?

Eta: I like to think Iā€™m a fair person and I know people are busy but I refuse to believe that people havenā€™t looked at their phone today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
this is probably a bit pathetic but not a single one of my friends has text to wish me merry Christmas. One of them lives abroad so wonā€™t be awake yet so thatā€™s fair enough and 2 have got kids so they are probably manic but the rest of them Iā€™ve not heard anything. Itā€™s now almost 6 o clock.
Iā€™m on my own for Christmas because I donā€™t really get on with my family but it just goes to show how little people actually care. My own family havenā€™t text me despite that they know Iā€™m up here on my own poorly. Iā€™m always the one to make the effort at the best of times but it hurts they canā€™t even send a quick ā€œmerry Christmasā€ text.
the only people Iā€™ve heard from are my mum and dad who I barely get on with. Am I really only stuck with those two in this world?

Eta: I like to think Iā€™m a fair person and I know people are busy but I refuse to believe that people havenā€™t looked at their phone today.
Sorry you're poorly, not pathetic at all, I've also had no texts, thought I would from someone, but nope! I've actually had lovely messages from folks on here, I don't know them, but it means alot.

• Heart
Reactions: 7