Ant and Dec

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at the Daily Mail video Ant really has the weirdest facial mannerisms. When he and Dec first arrive at the church and get out of the car he's literally doing a impersonation of a ventriloquist dummy. It's the weirdest thing. He wasn't really smiling at all. It may look like it in the stills but in the video you can see, it's definitely a grimace!

Reactions: 12
It was his wedding and if he felt he wanted to inject a bit a humour into his speech then so bloody what?
It's not up to you to decide "this was not the place".

So.much bitterness 9n this thread.
Nobody knows what went on behind closed doors when he was married to Lisa.
The guy hit rock bottom but has dealt with it, found love and seems happy.

People move on in life, shame some posters come across as bitter about that.
Questioning the narrative that we are being fed by the media isn’t ‘bitter’. ITV and James Grant Talent have a lot riding on the Ant and Dec brand and them both being seen as clean living ‘family men’. This wedding feels like it was set up for the press, with all their celeb mates in attendance and gushing articles from people like Dan Wootton. If Ant is as private as people say why make such a fuss about it? They could have easily gone off to some country house somewhere and done it privately. Interestingly when Ant married Lisa I think the only other celeb in attendance was Dec!

Reactions: 23
No it wouldn't.
Unless you drive fir a living then being done for drink driving doesn't automatically mean you would lose your job.

Reactions: 2
Perhaps it’s an ‘arrangement’ that suits them both. It happens, look at Schofield and his ‘wife’

Reactions: 7
Dec seems to be that what you see is what you get in terms of personality. He loves his job, he seems sorted and happy. Ant on the other hand, he looks so much healthier now, but he has dead eyes, and sometimes it is like he is being operated by remote control. There’s a photographer over there, quick flick a switch and a smile/grimace appears, but still with the dead eyes. Only in a few photos, when he is looking at Anne-Marie, do they look like they have a flicker of life to them. I think Anne-Marie is his new addiction- he needs her and her kids to keep him on track. Unfortunately he also has what a lot of us suffer from - bitchy resting face. So that’s why the rictus grin appears, at the behest of his PR. The punching of the air is not the action of a sorted man. Like it was him confirming to himself, it’s going to be okay.

I hope all parties can now appreciate their good fortune and live happier lives. I would love Lisa to thrive. She already has the career, and some powerful friends in the industry - despite best endeavours her career did not hit the skids when she was fired from BGT - plenty of £ in the bank, and a new partner.

Reactions: 24
Being an alcoholic is no laughing matter, you are right we don't know what when on behind closed doors but the way he stood by and let the press go after Lisa is hardly praiseworthy. We are told by the press he has dealt with it, but who knows for certain he hid the addiction issues for years successfully.
As someone who was married to a raging alcoholic for years I know all about it.
Being an alcoholic doesn't and shouldn't stop you having a sense of humour.

As for him not defending Lisa to the press well we don't know why that is do we? Maybe she was a right cow behind closed doors (I'm not saying she was as like everyone else nobody knows).

As for those going on about it being the decent thing to inform Lisa about their wedding date, why should he?
Lisa and him are divorced, they have no kids together so they don't owe each other any explanations about anything.
Being an alcoholic is no laughing matter, you are right we don't know what when on behind closed doors but the way he stood by and let the press go after Lisa is hardly praiseworthy. We are told by the press he has dealt with it, but who knows for certain he hid the addiction issues for years successfully.
Ner
Looking at the Daily Mail video Ant really has the weirdest facial mannerisms. When he and Dec first arrive at the church and get out of the car he's literally doing a impersonation of a ventriloquist dummy. It's the weirdest thing. He wasn't really smiling at all. It may look like it in the stills but in the video you can see, it's definitely a grimace!
Nerves?

Questioning the narrative that we are being fed by the media isn’t ‘bitter’. ITV and James Grant Talent have a lot riding on the Ant and Dec brand and them both being seen as clean living ‘family men’. This wedding feels like it was set up for the press, with all their celeb mates in attendance and gushing articles from people like Dan Wootton. If Ant is as private as people say why make such a fuss about it? They could have easily gone off to some country house somewhere and done it privately. Interestingly when Ant married Lisa I think the only other celeb in attendance was Dec!
It's one thing to question the narrative of the press but a lot of comments on here go way beyond that and some even come across as seething that the guy got his tit together, found happiness and moved on.

Maybe one day it will all fall apart again but hopefully they can all move onwards and upwards and be happy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
As someone who was married to a raging alcoholic for years I know all about it.
Being an alcoholic doesn't and shouldn't stop you having a sense of humour.

As for him not defending Lisa to the press well we don't know why that is do we? Maybe she was a right cow behind closed doors (I'm not saying she was as like everyone else nobody knows).

As for those going on about it being the decent thing to inform Lisa about their wedding date, why should he?
Lisa and him are divorced, they have no kids together so they don't owe each other any explanations about anything.

Being an alcoholic doesn't and shouldn't mean you can't have a sense of humour about it.

I don't know why he didn't defend Lisa to the press.
Maybe she was a right cow behind closed doors (before anyone gets their knickers in a teist I'm not saying she was cause like everyone else none of us know) or maybe he felt it would add fuel to the fire?

As for those saying about decency to inform Lisa about the date of his wedding, why should he?
They are divorced, have no kids so neither of them owe each other explanations like that imo.
He didn't have to defend her, all he or even his management company had to do was ask that she be left in privacy instead of the Ant and Anne Marie loved up arranged pap shots versus the clearly unarranged pap shots of Lisa.

And considering he is a well known celebrity and will have known this second wedding was not a quiet simple affair but full on showbiz plastered across the papers and also knowing the papers would be going after Lisa, then yes he should have had the common decency to have her informed privately about the date.

The Dan Wootton article most definitely proves that point beyond all reasonable doubt and he, his management company and Dan Wootton should all be ashamed of themselves for allowing that piece to be printed.
They may not have had kids but they were together since 1994, his own words below
20210808_103551.jpg

I hope as much as anyone else he is happy and healthy but your happiness shouldn't depend on dragging other people down, or allowing your management company to do it for you to make yourself appear better.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
@What? I really don’t think you understand Tattle. This isn’t a rave thread. You want to defend him then that’s fine, but you can’t expect everyone else to do the same.

Reactions: 23
And as for Ant's drinking he's evidently recovered enough to joke about it in his speech
View attachment 702697
I presume this quote is from the press. How did they get hold of his speech or did one of the guests who were there speak to the press about it?

Also it just mentions the opening line and that’s it. The next sentence jumps to how the guests got there. What was the reaction to Ant’s opening line from the congregation: did they laugh? Did they grimace? Did they laugh nervously? Did he follow that line with “and Anne-Marie saved me?”

It’s a bit out of context.

If he said it for the laughs then I think it’s not something you should be joking about but if he said something immediately after that about his recovery then that changes the context some what.

He didn't have to defend her, all he or even his management company had to do was ask that she be left in privacy instead of the Ant and Anne Marie loved up arranged pap shots versus the clearly unarranged pap shots of Lisa.

And considering he is a well known celebrity and will have known this second wedding was not a quiet simple affair but full on showbiz plastered across the papers and also knowing the papers would be going after Lisa, then yes he should have had the common decency to have her informed privately about the date.

The Dan Wootton article most definitely proves that point beyond all reasonable doubt and he, his management company and Dan Wootton should all be ashamed of themselves for allowing that piece to be printed.
They may not have had kids but they were together since 1994, his own words below
View attachment 702886

I hope as much as anyone else he is happy and healthy but your happiness shouldn't depend on dragging other people down, or allowing your management company to do it for you to make yourself appear better.
No he didn't have to do anything because as I said none of us know what really went on behind those doors, not you, me or anyone else.
And actually if I remember rightly the press going after her all started because she was liking and retweeting negative stuff about him on Twitter.
Does that make it right, no but we all know how shallow and malicious the press can be in this country, especially towards women.

And no he doesn't owe Lisa any explanations about his wedding date, they are nothing to do with each other now.
However we don't know that he didn't tell her he was getting married but as they move in similar circles I'm sure she knew anyway.

Last edited:
I notice that Dan Wooton airbrushed Ant’s late ADHD diagnosis, and the impact it’s had on his life, out of the article he wrote.

Maybe Ant should use his lived experience and high profile to become an advocate for ADHD and create a positive difference for others, rather than letting the ‘It’s Lisa’s fault’ narrative continue?

Reactions: 11
@What? I really don’t think you understand Tattle. This isn’t a rave thread. You want to defend him then that’s fine, but you can’t expect everyone else to do the same.
Oh the usual lazy response to anyone who doesn't blindly jump in and tear someone apart.
Predictable.

None of what I said is raving about him, I'm not even a fan of Ant and Dec but what I am is decent enough to see a high profile British celeb trying to put his life back together after hitting rock bottom and responding to posters on a forum who seem to revel in his fall from grace.
Eta that I don't expect everyone to do the same but you obviously expect everyone to think like you hence the snide remark about the rave thread.

The beauty of a public forum is people have different opinions, that doesn't equal "rave"

Reactions: 1
She may have been a right cow behind the scenes, but he by his own admission put her through hell and then cheated on her. Have some respect for someone you used to love and were married to. Call them a right cow in private to your friends and family. Allowing your PR team and your friends in the press to hound her relentlessly is not the action of a decent person.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No he didn't have to do anything because as I said none of us know what really went on behind those doors, not you, me or anyone else.
And actually if I remember rightly the press going after her all started because she was liking and retreating negative stuff about him on Twitter.
Does that make it right, no but we all know how shallow and malicious the press can be in this country, especially towards women.

And no he doesn't owe Lisa any explanations about his wedding date, they are nothing to do with each other now.
However we don't know that he didn't tell her he was getting married but as they move in similar circles I'm sure she knew anyway.
She didn't know they were seeing each other until she saw it in the papers (and the divorce hadn't gone through then) so its hardly a stretch to assume she had to find out the actual date from the papers the same way.
Let's also not forget Lisa dealt with her husband going off with her friend/employee, the papers blaming everything on her, her looks being dragged, the loss of many of her friends, a divorce in which he fought for the dog, which was a birthday present he gave to Lisa (only to buy two new dogs once he won) and on top of that her Dad fighting cancer.
Imo he showed himself up with his behaviour as the saying goes integrity costs nothing, a statement calling off the press and making sure she heard about things privately would have made him appear a nice person, instead of someone who appeared to be doing his damdest to rub Lisa's nose in it at every opportunity, in fact rather like the person James Grant would have us believe he is.
When he made the statement that he'd put Lisa through hell he got respect from me, not informing her he was with her friend/ex employee before it went to the papers is not deserving of any respect.

Reactions: 31
She may have been a right cow behind the scenes, but he by his own admission put her through hell and then cheated on her. Have some respect for someone you used to love and were married to. Call them a right cow in private to your friends and family. Allowing your PR team and your friends in the press to hound her relentlessly is not the action of a decent person.
I think "hound her relentlessly" is stretching it.
I will repeat again that you have no idea what went on behind closed doors.

I don't agree with all that he has done but I also don't buy into all Lisa's negative press was Ants PR.
As I said earlier, the press in this country are awful and especially towards women.

Oh and I have zero respect for the man I once loved and was married to although over time that has mellowed.
That's life, not everyone parts ways under rainbows and butterflies.

She didn't know they were seeing each other until she saw it in the papers (and the divorce hadn't gone through then) so its hardly a stretch to assume she had to find out the actual date from the papers the same way.
Let's also not forget Lisa dealt with her husband going off with her friend/employee, the papers blaming everything on her, her looks being dragged, the loss of many of her friends, a divorce in which he fought for the dog, which was a birthday present he gave to Lisa (only to buy two new dogs once he won) and on top of that her Dad fighting cancer.
Imo he showed himself up with his behaviour as the saying goes integrity costs nothing, a statement calling off the press and making sure she heard about things privately would have made him appear a nice person, instead of someone who appeared to be doing his damdest to rub Lisa's nose in it at every opportunity, in fact rather like the person James Grant would have us believe he is.
When he made the statement that he'd put Lisa through hell he got respect from me, not informing her he was with her friend/ex employee before it went to the papers is not deserving of any respect.
And you know all this how, because you read it in the paper?

Reactions: 1
I think "hound her relentlessly" is stretching it.
I will repeat again that you have no idea what went on behind closed doors.

I don't agree with all that he has done but I also don't buy into all Lisa's negative press was Ants PR.
As I said earlier, the press in this country are awful and especially towards women.

Oh and I have zero respect for the man I once loved and was married to although over time that has mellowed.
That's life, not everyone parts ways under rainbows and butterflies.

And you know all this how, because you read it in the paper?
And you know otherwise, how? Seeing as you said yourself you didn't know what happened behind closed doors.
Lisa said on her twitter account that she found out same time as anyone else, the pictures of unmade up Lisa clearly not posing for the camera along with the splash news or back grid photos of smiling made up Ant and Anne Marie always looking towards the camera.
Also Lisa's Instagram mentions her dad not hard to work out from the dates mentioned.

But yeah let's go with your version we should all fall at his feet because the sun shines out of his arse and he farts rainbows and Lisa deserved everything she got because she should have instantly acceded to his every demand and should be grateful he let the press trash her, as it was only what she deserved for standing in the way of his new perfect life (Disclaimer sarcasm as I'm not sure you'd recognise it otherwise)
You want us to be kind to him well where is your kindness towards Lisa

Reactions: 13
An entire post full of codswallop.
None of it is MY version which is why I have consistently said "none of us know".
Unlike some on here I don't believe everything I read in the papers.

Lisa said this, Lisa said that.
Lisa was obviously feeling wronged but that doesn't make what she says the truth.

As for your entire made up crap about we should all fall at his feet because the sun shines out of his arse, please do highlight for us all where I have said any such thing.
Also can you highlight where I said Lisa deserves everything she got?

Oh that's right you can't because your whole post us fantasy 🤣

As it goes I have a lot of sympathy for Lisa as the ending of a marriage is usually not easy and is sad (although for some it is a relief?.
However my brain can comprehend that it is possible to have sympathy for both parties involved and especially when we have no idea what really went on.
Well we certainly know from his own interviews with the Sun that he was addicted to drugs both prescription and non prescription, that he put Lisa through hell with mood swings, that he was still planning to drink after the first rehab oh yeah and we certainly know that he chose to get in a car and drive when he had 75mg of alcohol in his blood while the limit is 35mg and that he crashed into another car which had a child in whilst his mother and Hurley were in the car with him.

Didn't see Lisa there forcing him into the car, but apparently it was her fault because he was upset over the divorce.

People would have a lot more sympathy if he actually took responsibility for his own actions instead of blaming everything else.

Strangely many other people go through divorce and awful things in their lives without resorting to drunk driving.

I hope he has conquered his demons but he needs to conquer them by himself, other people can help sure but they can't save him, only he can do that.

Much as I hope his new marriage is happy the fact remains he has married his live in sober partner, have certainly not seen James Green described as a sober partner despite all the people saying Lisa likes a drink.

20210727_090526.jpg

Reactions: 6
I notice that Dan Wooton airbrushed Ant’s late ADHD diagnosis, and the impact it’s had on his life, out of the article he wrote.

Maybe Ant should use his lived experience and high profile to become an advocate for ADHD and create a positive difference for others, rather than letting the ‘It’s Lisa’s fault’ narrative continue?

I agree! ADHD is still very misunderstood, and someone with Ant’s high profile could do so so much to raise awareness and change people’s perceptions of the condition.

Reactions: 12
Imagine having "down to earth" and "500k wedding" in the same article

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.