Ant and Dec

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No sign of Scarlett Moffat at the wedding. I thought she was bestie's with the boys. She mustn't have their photo on her bedside table anymore.
She was on a freebie holiday in Antigua!

Reactions: 2
Just read through this thread. I think taking sides in the breakdown of a marriage in is very tricky - especially when you don’t know either party. Yes on the surface it looks like Ant did the dirty on the wife who had supported him for many years. But explanations are rarely that simple. We don’t know how and why that happened. Maybe Ant is just selfish or maybe Lisa is not the totally innocent party she’s portrayed as by many. Nobody but the couple themselves know what really went on. And who knows maybe both will end up being happier with different partners.
I totally agree.

Both Lisa and Ant were obviously very upset over their relationship breakdown and infertility and addiction issues sadly often lead to relationship breakdowns in general.

Neither Ant nor Lisa should be condemned..one person is not solely to blame in my view.

As for his drink driving and the comments about his career being over if it was anyone else. That isn't true.

Ant pleaded guilty to a first offence went to rehab and received the same outcome as per the sentencing guidelines for a first offence. Obviously what he did was so wrong but I do think anyone in that situation deserves a second chance especially when they took steps to get better.

Jack Grealish and numerous footballers have been caught drink driving and their careers aren't finished.

I wish Lisa well but I do think now she's stopped tweeting about him and is seeing a handsome fella she will and has moved on. Ant also deserves to move on

I think it's more the nasty media (or Ant's management) that won't let her move on - it seems that every time she goes for a walk or does something else quite ordinary, she appears in really nasty headlines along with unflattering photos.

I feel very sorry for Lisa - a few commenters here and there show their support for her, but for the most part she's being painted as the bad one in all this.

Reactions: 17
I think it's more the nasty media (or Ant's management) that won't let her move on - it seems that every time she goes for a walk or does something else quite ordinary, she appears in really nasty headlines along with unflattering photos.

I feel very sorry for Lisa - a few commenters here and there show their support for her, but for the most part she's being painted as the bad one in all this.
What also happens is they go onto her Instagram account and use the pictures and create a story, people then assume she's put the story out there herself.

Reactions: 11
I think it's more the press and Ants agency who are the issue here. They have been going after Lisa. She 'likes' a tweet, an action that takes seconds and then the DM makes a huge story or three about it, rehashing old copy just so people click through and comment, slagging her off so they can be one step away from the abuse she receives. The DM have an interest in the whole lot of ITV staples, as they can fill their pages with stories about people on ITV.

Reactions: 11
I think with regard to Ant and Lisa, they were a party couple, it played a big part of their lives, she could hack it and he couldn't. Out of that lifestyle he became an addict and couldn't stop. She didn't and could. He went off the rails and his relationship suffered. She would have stuck with the relationship, he didn't want to. She was heartbroken I think she's said? He moved on quickly. It's not an easy thing being married or in a relationship with someone with addiction problems. I think I'm team Lisa!

Reactions: 17
I think with regard to Ant and Lisa, they were a party couple, it played a big part of their lives, she could hack it and he couldn't. Out of that lifestyle he became an addict and couldn't stop. She didn't and could. He went off the rails and his relationship suffered. She would have stuck with the relationship, he didn't want to. She was heartbroken I think she's said? He moved on quickly. It's not an easy thing being married or in a relationship with someone with addiction problems. I think I'm team Lisa!
I'm team lisa too

Reactions: 14
I agree. All that is probably true, and very sad. Two people have grown in different directions. Maybe she felt she didn't have a problem so she should be able to go out with her workmates, especially when she had to deal with an addict at home. But what happened afterwards was that he had an affair, left her and let his PR make out that he had no choice but to leave her because she was partying when she should have been making babies ( especially when she had given up drinking and gone through several rounds of IVF, which is horrific for women physically and mentally and he must have seen what she went through). He also behaved vindictively over the dog and at no point showed her any respect or kindness or did anything to call off the attack dogs. Probably because he was paying them to do whatever it took to save his reputation, and this was the way they did it. I would love someone in the press to ask him about how he feels about his ex wife being hounded, but no one in the press will do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree. All that is probably true, and very sad. Two people have grown in different directions. Maybe she felt she didn't have a problem so she should be able to go out with her workmates, especially when she had to deal with an addict at home. But what happened afterwards was that he had an affair, left her and let his PR make out that he had no choice but to leave her because she was partying when she should have been making babies ( especially when she had given up drinking and gone through several rounds of IVF, which is horrific for women physically and mentally and he must have seen what she went through). He also behaved vindictively over the dog and at no point showed her any respect or kindness or did anything to call off the attack dogs. Probably because he was paying them to do whatever it took to save his reputation, and this was the way they did it. I would love someone in the press to ask him about how he feels about his ex wife being hounded, but no one in the press will do it.
Yes this is it exactly. I would feel sorry for Ant and his addictions if he hadn't been so spiteful over the dog, I honestly couldn't believe it. And he definitely is the reason all the dodgy pics and stories about Lisa appear in the press, all he would have to do is publicly ask for her to be left alone and her life would improve drastically. But he can't / won't do that as that hurts his reputation.

Im also really disappointed in Dec - imagine being friends with someone that long, he said numerous times how good she was to him and how well they got on, at times he must have been annoying as third wheel all the time (I'd be horrified if my husbands bestie moved in next door!) but she put up with it and then he just cut her dead - he could say something too but chooses not too as their brand is too important to them 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Yes this is it exactly. I would feel sorry for Ant and his addictions if he hadn't been so spiteful over the dog, I honestly couldn't believe it. And he definitely is the reason all the dodgy pics and stories about Lisa appear in the press, all he would have to do is publicly ask for her to be left alone and her life would improve drastically. But he can't / won't do that as that hurts his reputation.

Im also really disappointed in Dec - imagine being friends with someone that long, he said numerous times how good she was to him and how well they got on, at times he must have been annoying as third wheel all the time (I'd be horrified if my husbands bestie moved in next door!) but she put up with it and then he just cut her dead - he could say something too but chooses not too as their brand is too important to them 🤷‍♀️
Or maybe he knows it's not his place to go about publicly talking about the breakdown of someone else's marriage?

Reactions: 3

Ironically it might have helped his reputation if he'd done it right at the start but there's been too many little snide digs, sneaky enough that to most people Lisa looks like she's overreacting but if you've met a narcissist then its how they operate little tiny digs that look normal to most people.(disclaimer i don't know if its him or his PR but ultimately he's signed off on the course of action)

So that now from his side it would be too little too late for it to help now.

Reactions: 6
He bought his floosie into their home! That is like being assaulted and burgled in what should be your safe space. He simply wanted everything his own way.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What also happens is they go onto her Instagram account and use the pictures and create a story, people then assume she's put the story out there herself.
Can the media do that? I genuinely didn't realise that was a thing. How horrible 😞😱

Reactions: 5
I honestly don’t get this teamAnt or teamLisa stuff. How can you take such a definitive stance on the marriage breakdown of two total strangers. None of us know enough about what really went on in their private life to be “team” either one of them. You really can’t base an opinion on what you read in the media. The media isn’t there to tell the truth or go into the complexities that lead to relationship break ups. The media just write whatever is legally possible that will sell the most papers or get the most hits online. This social media phenomenon of people taking very definitive views on stuff they really know very little about baffles me.

Reactions: 1
I honestly don’t get this teamAnt or teamLisa stuff. How can you take such a definitive stance on the marriage breakdown of two total strangers. None of us know enough about what really went on in their private life to be “team” either one of them. You really can’t base an opinion on what you read in the media. The media isn’t there to tell the truth or go into the complexities that lead to relationship break ups. The media just write whatever is legally possible that will sell the most papers or get the most hits online. This social media phenomenon of people taking very definitive views on stuff they really know very little about baffles me.
Or they write what PR companies have paid them to write.

The media just write whatever is legally possible that will sell the most papers or get the most hits onlin
The tabloids make money from hits, but they also make money from PR companies paying them to moderate or delete comments or print puff pieces. They also receive exclusives about people in return for favourable press coverage. The issue here is Ants PR doing all of these things because they are paid by Ant to do it. So Ant is paying to take down his innocent, private citizen ex wife.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.