Ant and Dec

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The tabloids make money from hits, but they also make money from PR companies paying them to moderate or delete comments or print puff pieces. They also receive exclusives about people in return for favourable press coverage. The issue here is Ants PR doing all of these things because they are paid by Ant to do it. So Ant is paying to take down his innocent, private citizen ex wife.
But do you know that for a fact?

Reactions: 2
Can the media do that? I genuinely didn't realise that was a thing. How horrible 😞😱
Sadly, this is where the likes of Daily Mail get their "stories" from - the writers are so under the pump to produce something - anything - that they will scour subjects' social media for ideas, then create a whole story out of one post, adding all the back history in there too, to keep it lengthy, remind readers of the back story, and encourage comments. Anything that attracts the clicks - which stories about Lisa and Ant typically do - is constantly on their 'hot list' of things to write about.

I honestly don’t get this teamAnt or teamLisa stuff. How can you take such a definitive stance on the marriage breakdown of two total strangers. None of us know enough about what really went on in their private life to be “team” either one of them. You really can’t base an opinion on what you read in the media. The media isn’t there to tell the truth or go into the complexities that lead to relationship break ups. The media just write whatever is legally possible that will sell the most papers or get the most hits online. This social media phenomenon of people taking very definitive views on stuff they really know very little about baffles me.
Speaking personally, I was Lisa. I had my whole life ripped out from underneath me in a flash. It really hurts when you weren't the one who chose to end things. And it's 100% worse for her, being a public figure.

But do you know that for a fact?
This is how PR companies work.

Example: There is a woman, Sharon Finnigan, who runs a talent agency. Here are her clients:

Now go to the Daily Mail Australia page and see how many articles there are about these people. Commenters constantly ask, "Why is Phoebe here all the time - she's only famous for previously being married to a footy star" - well, she's there because her PR pays for her to be. Depending on budget, the comments will be moderated.

On the flipside however, the Daily Mail will also write about her in less than flattering terms if it's guaranteed to get clicks - for example, in articles mentioning her very public split from the footy star.

If the article is flattering or promotional, it's come from PR; if it's not, it's come from the opposition.

I used to work for a PR firm and one of my first jobs of the day was to go through all the Google alerts mentioning the talent they managed. I would prepare a report summarising what had been written about them for the agency to either respond to (often in a crisis management capacity if the talent had done something bad, which happened a lot!), or just keep watch on.

A lot of the stuff we read about is just manufactured drama.

My sympathies are very much with Lisa, however I do wonder why she doesn't just lose all her followers (except those she knows personally) and set her account to private ... I have to wonder if she realises that by the media continuing to write about her keeps her profile up (the only thing worse than being written about in a negative way is being ignored completely).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It was simple and beautiful ceremony with their nearest and dearest. Apparently.

For a second wedding for both, I think it was anything but.
The groom and best man sung Let's get Ready to rumble. Is that what guests are doing now at all the simple and beautiful weddings 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
It was simple and beautiful ceremony with their nearest and dearest. Apparently.

For a second wedding for both, I think it was anything but.
Fine whatever wedding you want but just own it, if you want a full on showbiz wedding then just say that instead of pretending otherwise.

Reactions: 9
Fine whatever wedding you want but just own it, if you want a full on showbiz wedding then just say that instead of pretending otherwise.
Exactly!

The way they described the wedding I thought it was just their families there, not the James Grant back catalogue!

Reactions: 5
The groom and best man sung Let's get Ready to rumble. Is that what guests do now at all simple and beautiful weddings 🤣🤣🤣
Well that’s definitely one way to embarrass yourself on your wedding day 🤣

I think Ant‘s definition of a simple wedding is different to most!

At least Amanda Holden wasnt there, imagine her singing at the reception!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.