Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am one of those people that as soon as 5pm comes I like to be out the door. I'm more than happy to come in early and start super early but I do not like staying even a minute later than I need to. Anyway, one of my colleagues is always like "oh wait for me we'll walk to our cars together". She's never in a rush to leave, takes ages to get her coat etc on, always waits until it reaches 5pm to put files away etc. Pisses me off as I just want to get gone but I feel so rude saying "nah you're alright. I'll walk to the car on my own"
WALK TO OUR CARS TOGETHER bleeping hell
Can’t stand these people that can’t do anything alone. Walk with me??!! No piss off. I’m going right this second byeeeee

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Can’t stand these people that can’t do anything alone. Walk with me??!! No piss off. I’m going right this second byeeeee
Hahaha I probably should have clarified we don't have an onsite car park so it's about a 5 minute walk, but still, I'd rather do that on my own!!

it's on par with those "oh, are you popping out at lunch? wait for me, I'll come" people :mad::mad: duck. off!!!!! I want to be alone!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Okay this is getting on my tits today. I have someone who does their job so badly so nobody ever asks them to do something let alone any a bit more complex. So extra work gets piled onto me and someone else who is competent. Whereas this person gets to swan about and does next to nothing. And it pisses me off that my manager allows it to happen.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I hate this too, and at my workplace we have a sign in, sign out thing so I sign out.... then have to wait 15 minutes to wait for a slow colleague to get ready to leave :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Hahaha I probably should have clarified we don't have an onsite car park so it's about a 5 minute walk, but still, I'd rather do that on my own!!

it's on par with those "oh, are you popping out at lunch? wait for me, I'll come" people :mad::mad: duck. off!!!!! I want to be alone!!
5 minutes or 5 seconds I’d rather be alone too🤣🤣

Everyone goes to the staff room at lunch time but sometimes I stay at my desk pretending to be busy so I can have five minutes peace and quiet😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
One of my colleagues pissed me off today.

We have certain things that have to be cleaned when a section becomes empty and before it is refilled. So I went to clean it today after it was emptied yesterday afternoon.

What I didn't know was that someone else actually cleaned it yesterday afternoon. So even though she saw that I was cleaning it again, she didn't tell me that she'd done it yesterday so I didn't need to do it again today.

Instead, she went of moaning and crying to other people about it.

• Angry
  • Wow
This woman on my team makes sly digs about PEOPLE (me🙄) being ‘high maintenance’ because I get my nails done every three weeks (well, pre lockdown when we were in the office) she would comment about half an hour after I would mention I had a nail appointment and say ‘god can you imagine being one of those high maintenance women who needs to have hair, nails and brows done all the time’
Also my boss asked me to log on when I was last off sick to quickly go through something with her, which I think is SO wrong, it wasn’t urgent and she should 10000% have known how to do it herself

omg those are both my worst nightmares!!!
‘Oh are you going to sainsburys, I’ll come’
No, please don’t!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This woman on my team makes sly digs about PEOPLE (me🙄) being ‘high maintenance’ because I get my nails done every three weeks (well, pre lockdown when we were in the office) she would comment about half an hour after I would mention I had a nail appointment and say ‘god can you imagine being one of those high maintenance women who needs to have hair, nails and brows done all the time’
Also my boss asked me to log on when I was last off sick to quickly go through something with her, which I think is SO wrong, it wasn’t urgent and she should 10000% have known how to do it herself
this is so ridiculous, how is it any business of anyone else how you relax/spend your money?! I dont take any care of my nails, but I do nt care if others do, why would I?screams insecurity to me

Reactions: 9
this is so ridiculous, how is it any business of anyone else how you relax/spend your money?! I dont take any care of my nails, but I do nt care if others do, why would I?screams insecurity to me
I know it was soooo unnecessary and she has done it a few times. I am really not high maintenance either I just have (had) gel nails every three weeks haha. She defo hates me so I’m glad we are wfh now!!

• Haha
I know it was soooo unnecessary and she has done it a few times. I am really not high maintenance either I just have (had) gel nails every three weeks haha. She defo hates me so I’m glad we are wfh now!!
So taking care of your appearance is now classed as high maintenance. What an idiot.

Reactions: 7
Lol in general i hate this - once a lad i was seeing copped i had had my eyebrows done.. 'oh im in for it now you're high maintenance!'

duck right off, i spend MY money how i see fit.

With regards to your colleague, if she wasnt into it she wouldnt mention it, comments like that reek of jealousy!

Reactions: 4
I actually cannot stand people that treat documents like they're a colouring in book.

Colleague scanned over a document for me to view, she had highlighted it to an inch of its life and the scanner is black & white so I can barely read half of it.

You're not 5 years old, you do not need to highlight every second word.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One of my colleagues refers to highlighter pens as 'the stabilo boss'. It actually makes me laugh more than annoys me.

'Can you pass me the stabilo boss?' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Okay this is getting on my tits today. I have someone who does their job so badly so nobody ever asks them to do something let alone any a bit more complex. So extra work gets piled onto me and someone else who is competent. Whereas this person gets to swan about and does next to nothing. And it pisses me off that my manager allows it to happen.

I hate people like this . I call them passengers.

Reactions: 2
Once had a boss who was literally the female version of Alan Partridge/David Brent combined. Never did any work whatsoever, spent every waking moment telling stories about how fantastic and creative she was in previous jobs, despite there being no evidence that she ever did any work in her life. Loud, unnecessary phonecalls at every opportunity to make sure everyone knew how busy and important she was (just send an email!) Extremely tight with money and proudly boasted about how she wouldn't spend a penny she didn't need to, would take her own food to cafes etc but was one of the highest-paid members of staff. Despite all this I didn't think she was a bad person just pretty cringey and with a huge superiority complex. It's tricky when your boss cringes out everyone in the company because you want to be loyal but also know that they are extremely embarrassing!

Reactions: 4
Bosses who ask you to log back in when you've just logged out, people who dump stuff on you ... it's (mostly) just them trying to mark their territory and assert their authority. It's hard to say no because you might come across as inflexible and upset your colleagues ... but then, if you don't say no then it just leaves the door wide open for them to take advantage. It's a tough one!

Years ago when I worked in an office an older woman would constantly make comments to and about younger women in the office - what they were wearing, how their hair looked, what they were up to on the weekend ... all of which she'd feed back to management in a, "I know something you don't," sort of way. She befriended people to find out gossip about them and others, which she'd use to her advantage. Awful! (And probably quite common).

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I am one of those people that as soon as 5pm comes I like to be out the door. I'm more than happy to come in early and start super early but I do not like staying even a minute later than I need to. Anyway, one of my colleagues is always like "oh wait for me we'll walk to our cars together". She's never in a rush to leave, takes ages to get her coat etc on, always waits until it reaches 5pm to put files away etc. Pisses me off as I just want to get gone but I feel so rude saying "nah you're alright. I'll walk to the car on my own"
"well I'm leaving now, I'll set off slow so you can catch up"

Blimey, that’s not high maintenance. God I miss the nail salon and hairdressers like mad. She sounds like a right witch.

When supervisors or coworkers copy your manager into accusatory emails!! A bit trigger-happy, a bit too ready to show me as having fucked up to my manager. Have some trust in me, ffs.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.