Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’d think that, wouldn’t you?!
They had a very strange policy by where all of the team had to be in the office at the time whenever any annual leave was discussed, and we had to make sure that no one else wanted those days first. It was ridiculous.
that sounds not only annoying but like such a waste of everyone's time!

Reactions: 4
Surely it should be first come first served?
Yeah I don't consult with anyone apart from my manager about holidays no one else's business. I can only imagine the conversation just going round in circles, office meetings are long and drawn out at the best of times.. but when discussing holiday like this...

Reactions: 3
Colleagues that start messaging me on Teams, the second I've logged in. Give me a few minutes to read my emails, mate :mad:
YES, THIS!! Someone sent me a really really pointless Teams message at 11:30pm last night and it made me so cross - it wasn’t slightly bloody urgent and it was the first thing I saw this morning. GTFO!

• Angry
I call in sick maybe once or twice a year. Called in sick today, feeling like death warmed up, and my colleague won't stop constantly texting me to ask how I am. 😡 She's my peer, not my line manager, so it's actually none of her bleeping business.

The same colleague texts me while I'm on holiday, asking whether I'm having a good time, then takes it upon herself to give me updates on work. NO BOUNDARIES.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I call in sick maybe once or twice a year. Called in sick today, feeling like death warmed up, and my colleague won't stop constantly texting me to ask how I am. 😡 She's my peer, not my line manager, so it's actually none of her bleeping business.

The same colleague texts me while I'm on holiday, asking whether I'm having a good time, then takes it upon herself to give me updates on work. NO BOUNDARIES.
I have a colleague like this, she has no life outside of work and so basically replies to work emails etc even on weekends/holiday etc and just assumes everyone wants to do the same

Reactions: 7
I have a colleague like this, she has no life outside of work and so basically replies to work emails etc even on weekends/holiday etc and just assumes everyone wants to do the same
My colleague is the same - I mentioned her in earlier posts. She doesn't seem to have any friends and constantly refers to colleagues as her family, which gives me the ick. She finds any excuse to schedule an hour-long video call for something that could have been dealt with in a quick email and then spends 58 minutes of the 60 minute call talking about what she got up to over the weekend. 😵

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My colleague is the same - I mentioned her in earlier posts. She doesn't seem to have any friends and constantly refers to colleagues as her family, which gives me the ick. She finds any excuse to schedule an hour-long video call for something that could have been dealt with in a quick email and then spends 58 minutes of the 60 minute call talking about what she got up to over the weekend. 😵
yeah I have mentioned mine before here earlier :LOL: she describes various people in the office (who just about tolerate her) as "best friends" when she doesn't even see them out of work. The worst thing is that she acts as if she is a manager of pretty much everyone , despite being in a very low level position, and sometimes will just refuse to do work she doesn;t want to do. She should have been sacked years ago imo

• Haha
yeah I have mentioned mine before here earlier :LOL: she describes various people in the office (who just about tolerate her) as "best friends" when she doesn't even see them out of work. The worst thing is that she acts as if she is a manager of pretty much everyone , despite being in a very low level position, and sometimes will just refuse to do work she doesn;t want to do. She should have been sacked years ago imo
It would actually be sad if it wasn't so bleeping annoying 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
“My office BFF”

Oh bore off Karen, you stood by the drinks machine with them twice a few weeks ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"I was wondering if you could help me?"

Which means, (when you cut away the bullshit), "Can I offload this difficult problem onto you, and then when you've finished and returned it back to me, I can tell my boss how great I was and not mention you at all. Cheers!"

• Haha
Reactions: 11

What the number one rule is don’t bother a colleague who is off sick! That’s so annoying! And why the hell would you want to know about boring work when your on holiday!

Reactions: 6

Probably the office gossip. Wants to know what you're up to, and any juicy bits will end up around the office

Reactions: 1
When I see colleagues I’ve assigned tasks to volunteering for a different (usually easier!) task when they haven’t finished what they are meant to be doing. I can see you 😒

I just love when I get a request for something, with very vague details at 4pm and they need it tomorrow for a court case! Yeah alright mate, let me pull that out my arse for you!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

That is so annoying!

I was off sick recently (morning sickness and haven’t told anyone other than my manager yet). Someone I work with tried to call me, I assumed to find out what was wrong so I didn’t answer. A little while later she messaged again saying she needed help with something! I was off sick, there was no way I was going to sit on the phone to her for an hour explaining how to do something that she should know how to do herself 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I am one of those people that as soon as 5pm comes I like to be out the door. I'm more than happy to come in early and start super early but I do not like staying even a minute later than I need to. Anyway, one of my colleagues is always like "oh wait for me we'll walk to our cars together". She's never in a rush to leave, takes ages to get her coat etc on, always waits until it reaches 5pm to put files away etc. Pisses me off as I just want to get gone but I feel so rude saying "nah you're alright. I'll walk to the car on my own"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.