Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boss never replies to emails, I only email now to have things in writing but I always just end up having to go and speak to him in person, which then wastes loads of time as he makes endless small talk
What a prick. Do you not have anyone you can feed that back to?

Reactions: 2
I work quite closely with a junior assistant from another team (we'll call her X) on a lot of projects. I don't manage X, but I share all the project plans with her, have regular calls to check progress and it's very much a joint effort.

However, I constantly get X's manager sending me messages/emails asking for project updates, when deadlines are coming etc. Why doesn't she just ask X? X should have exactly the same information I have, why are they not communicating?!

Reactions: 1
My colleague just messaged me asking if I could make some phone calls - I was never given a work phone and I’m working from home 😂
I deal with local journalists and because we're working from home and I didn't have a work phone I don't have a phone number on my email signature. A journalist phoned our "on call" phone looking to speak to me about something, and my colleague who was on call text me to let me know and asked me to phone the journalist back. I'm sorry why should I use my personal phone to do that? I don't want the journalist having my own personal phone number!

Reactions: 6
Of all the issues in the office this might be the least bad tbh, I do not want to reveal more as it is pretty specific and I would rather be anonymous :LOL:
Well you can always rant off here if you need to! Maybe time to find a better place to work? Sending love your way!
💓

• Heart
My boss knows absolutely duck all and it’s insulting. If he asks me one more ‘how do we do this...’ question I will LOSE IT

Reactions: 3
My boss knows absolutely duck all and it’s insulting. If he asks me one more ‘how do we do this...’ question I will LOSE IT
Same here !!!!!
They can talk the talk but they cannot walk the walk

(Zero people skills also. Shocking)

Reactions: 5
Same here !!!!!

Zero observation skills too. Senior managers talking about how happier staff = better output, yet team leaders just seem to exist to make our lives a misery.

Same here !!!!!

Mine always arranges for me to do the training for the new starters too because in his words I know way more. So surely I should have his job then 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Mine always arranges for me to do the training for the new starters too because in his words I know way more. So surely I should have his job then 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
And the extra £££££ with that role but I bet they won’t step aside!!!

Soooo annoying

Team leader is honestly the most pointless job isn’t it. They have no real authority. Nobody respects them and they know duck all.

no offence to any team leader on this thread 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Team meetings every week where everyone just says how busy they are and tries to look like they are really important. We have shared files with everyone’s workload on it and what we are all working on which we use all day every day for various things. We track so much data on excel, on the system we use but then just waste an hour talking about how we are all busy any talk about the numbers. No actions come of anything if someone says they need extra support, workload is too much etc.

Utterly pointless let me go do the things I need to do and not listen to others say what they have to do for an hour.

Reactions: 7
I really dislike the "I'm so busy" mentality. Well, I hope for your sake you're busy because otherwise your job shouldn't exist in the first place.

"Busy" has become a trendy word. If you're so busy, how come every time I need to talk to you, you're "away" for one hour at a time & you still manage to log off on time. Please.

Another annoying thing that happened to me today. Some senior guy asked for a copy of an email that my team was cc'ed in. Given the group mailbox was cc'ed, everyone in the team received the email. Yet, someone from my team had the great idea of forwarding the request telling this senior person I can assist with providing the email. Why? You were in cc' too buddy, just look through your emails.

What a team. I'm more and more impressed every day. To say we work for an investment bank - I wonder where they found these people. Definitely not the glamourous image people think of when you mention the industry.

Reactions: 5
Team meetings every week where everyone just says how busy they are and tries to look like they are really important. We have shared files with everyone’s workload on it and what we are all working on which we use all day every day for various things. We track so much data on excel, on the system we use but then just waste an hour talking about how we are all busy any talk about the numbers. No actions come of anything if someone says they need extra support, workload is too much etc.

Utterly pointless let me go do the things I need to do and not listen to others say what they have to do for an hour.
This sounds like my work. Do we work at the same place 🤣🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.